It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the fascination with people and their cars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I saw one of those driving around town not too long ago...Beautiful car - and for $45K you can't go wrong!

Only thing is, they're in VERY high demand and VERY limited production over here in the states.....I was surprised to see one here in little old Tallahassee.....I think it must have been Brad Johnson behind the wheel or something....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is a question I have very often wondered about. So many people use their car as if it is an extension of themselves
My first thought when I see on older man with a new sports car is compensating for something, or mid-life crisis.....when I see a young kid, I think, insecure or immature and shallow....I want something nice, but for reliability.....a car has nothing to do your worth, your looks...it's a lot of metal put together to serve our needs. I remember before I remarried men would always tell me what type of car they drive, as if it would make a difference, and it was a real turn off to them when I told them my opinion on the subject....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
A lot of people, buy a lot of things to increase their own perception of their "self worth" ..that includes cars, clothes, makeup, shoes, expensive haircuts, plastic surgery..You name it..

If you are middle aged, and have a nice Sports car..It may just mean that you can finally afford the payments AND the insurance!

I can assure that my wife is not a teenaged boy, OR a middle aged man..
I showed her the pic of that Lotus provided by Optimus Fett..Her eyes got big and she grinned..
I just said to her, "maybe in the future"..LOL

BTW a "reliable car" could be considered an extension of the owner as well.
To me, it says "thifty, practical" and there is nothing wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Agree with you SpaceDoubt...

Also...my partner is almost as much as a car-freak as me...she LOVES to race her own car *and mine* on the track or drag strip...and LOVES modifying cars for greater performance and aesthetics. Its a hobby...its something we enjoy, and enjoy together.

There are actually quite a few females I know who are deeply involved in the whole 'car scene'...so perhaps they are not overcompensating for a small penis, maybe they are just compensating for a lack of one...or perhaps, gee, I don't know, not everything a man *or woman* does in this world can be reduced to anything to do with their genitalia...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join