It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monitors or "thought police"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Are the monitors om ATS always serving the intrests of truth, or do they
have a certain agenda>

What do you think...?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think...

I think...

I think this topic has been covered so many times it looks like a Christmas present wrapped by a 3 year old.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't know about "thought police" but I lived the "Dream Police".

JAK

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You think perhaps...Jack

[edit on 5/4/05 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
You think perhaps...
    ATS_ARE_FEDS?
Jack

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
have a certain agenda>

Moderators on ATS are serving the interests of the discussion boards Terms And Conditions Of Use as set by the site owner…nothing more. So I guess that's our agenda.

Edit: and to crush the Faction Two Incursion.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Interesting that you have brought up this prospect. I recently came across some internal communication among the monitors. I don't know how this will make you feel, but it sure does put shivers down my spine.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh crap! I think Intrepid's having a flashback! Give him some '___' or something...

Is this a weekly, monthly, or daily topic on ATS? It appears to be weekly...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hey "Dream Police" Was a great song. Cheap Trick was a great band

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Forgot to link everyone to the bone-chilling internal communication....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
have a certain agenda>

What do you think...?

Quite frankly they have an agenda ....they are meant to make this a safe and even flowing environment for discussion...without the interruption of normal activities we are more productive.

The Mods also have a point of stance that quite literally most refuse to realize....this isnt a manditory membership , nor open building you can walk in and out of .....It is by their will you are permitted to participate its a privalage not an obligation.

The ATS privilage was extended and accepted and as such your freedom of speak was willingly left to the side by yourself.

You Choose to join then you choose to give up some freedoms, and agree to be submitted to review.....

That all being said I think ATS has shown me the even handedness they boast really does exist, they often even allow things that I dont agree with but that is just my opinion, The mods however must act for the greater good and in compliance with FCC and Other wire based laws of conduct.

They have an obligation they signed to follow in order to obtain the use of the net for these activities and in a way they are being censored to by these laws. And dont forget when they violate censors or laws they get fined money , and can get jail time depending on the violations ....youu however just loose points and get warns.

I would hope you could respect that their butts are on the line , and we the members are actually the depiction of their fate....if we act correctly they dont get punished, if we act poorly they get the wrong end of a doo doo stick.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Maybe the real purpose of ATS is not to reveal the truth, but to control the flow of information...yah?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Maybe you're just a little whiner who doesn't like getting his wrist slapped for making stupid posts?

This is your second thread on this topic cosmobratt7, time for you to get over it and move on.

Thread locked...

top topics

join