It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Ready For A Female Prez?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm looking forward to Hillary head-to-head against Rice in 2008.

For myself that's like looking forward to hemorrhoid surgery, but if you say so.

The debates are really what I am interested in seeing between the two.

Oooooh yeah!! A female pissing contest including two women who, believe it or not, really stand up when they tinkle.

It would be nice to see our first female President actually have some female qualities. And yes, a woman can be intelligent and feminine at the same time.

Wishful thinking, eh?

Be careful, you just might get what you wish for.

Peace

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I personally like Arnold, however we would have to see how he runs California for a couple of more years before he is qualified for president. However, I don't think they would change the constitution just to let one person be president. Also, the biggest problem of electing a female president is that most men would feel that it would contradict their ego. A lot of people have an imbalance with their female and male traits. I live in Texas and a lot of men have trucks. They are not used to haul stuff around, but just to show off their manliness. This is just one example. Men feel that in order to be a man you have to be extra macho and to be a female you have to be extra feminine. Of cource this is not with everybody, but it is everywhere you go or where I live anyways.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix13
I live in Texas and a lot of men have trucks.

You got a TWATS vote for that.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Yeah I always hear adjectives to describe her, but never hear the reasons for them. I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve anything negative that might be said...just would like to know why.

Why is she slick, dishonest and cheesy? Aren't those prerequisites to being a politician?

She comes across as a person who will do whatever it takes to move her agenda forward.
I think many of her problems started when she was first lady and all of a sudden she was pushing forward her own agendas. I think she thought that people had voted for her as well. She should've just remained in her place as a good first lady does

Besides electing Hillary would be like electing a man, she has absolutely no femininity about her.

If Margaret Thatcher hadn't been the warhorse she was, she would have never been elected. What I'm trying to say is that for a female to be elected as president she would have to be more like a man than a women.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
She comes across as a person who will do whatever it takes to move her agenda forward.
I think many of her problems started when she was first lady and all of a sudden she was pushing forward her own agendas. I think she thought that people had voted for her as well. She should've just remained in her place as a good first lady does

Wait, this is something you don't like in politicians? Wasn't Kerry's lack of conviction a reason people didn't like him? You're telling me that you don't want a politician that pushes agendas that he/she thinks will be beneficial to the nation?

Besides electing Hillary would be like electing a man, she has absolutely no femininity about her.

So? That's one of those petty arguments. Who cares how she acts? As long as she gets the job done, then it shouldn't matter.

Stop buying into imagery, otherwise you're letting yourself be controlled.

PS Personally, I have my doubts that the nation is ready for a female president, as is obvious by the posts to this thread. Too many people are still controlled by imagery. I don't care if it's Illuminati, aliens, or some deity, but the only way we'll break that control is if we stop using imagery as the basis for our decisions.

[edit on 4/7/2005 by supercheetah]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

Originally posted by rogue1

Wait, this is something you don't like in politicians? Wasn't Kerry's lack of conviction a reason people didn't like him? You're telling me that you don't want a politician that pushes agendas that he/she thinks will be beneficial to the nation?

Aha, hangon wasn't she the wife of the president, I didn't know that first lady was a political office you run for. My point is she wasn't elected by the people but here she was pushing her own agenda.

So? That's one of those petty arguments. Who cares how she acts? As long as she gets the job done, then it shouldn't matter.

Well as president, I would've thought that how she acted was very important as it reflects on your country.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Super Cheetah, i hear you loud and clear, but for god's sake it isn't imagery, it is IMAGE CONSCIOUSNESS, imagery is a literary technique, using certain images to convey theme and meaning. But yes people are too concerned with IMAGE, and until they stop doing this then there may be no female president. It is however impssible to get away from image now because of all the television and media spins on things. Just look waht happened to Dean in the last election, his hollering was made to make him seem like a deluded maniac or something, but when you watch the whole speech where it happened it wasn't that nuts at all. Sometimes image is a total fabrication, wither for the good or bad, and everyone has to be careful of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
Actually Greenspan is still incharge of the federal reserve if i am not mistaken, Wolfie is the new head of World Bank which is a whole other ball game.

Yep, sorry about that got the two mixed up.

Legalizer, you don't know the women that I know. The women that I know are amongst the most frugal people I've ever met. Goodwill is their favorite store to shop at.

Let me guess, they don't work in offices.

You want to talk about micro-economical fiscal responsibility? Men just like spending money on "toys" like big speakers, tvs, and needless cars. Those things are hell of a lot more expensive than brassieres.
I'm not one of those guys, I don't hang with guys, so I forgot all about all that stuff. All you had to say really was ..."You want to talk about micro-economical fiscal responsibility? George Bush, Dick Cheny, Donald Rumsfeld...hello?"
I can just see them as 20 somethings "Dude look at this monster stereo I bought, its the most expensive thing, ever! Wanna snort coke with me off the hood of my new Trans Am?"

It's all with whom you associate. Perhaps, Legalizer, you should stop associating with women that only care about artificial beauty, and start associating with intelligent, naturally beautiful women.

Are you asking me out?
Sorry, I'm married to a woman who doesn't wear makeup, but I wouldn't vote for her.
My daughter on the other hand, I'm grooming to take over the world!

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Legalizer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join