It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Ready For A Female Prez?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Condi Rice has stated numerous times that she has no intentions in running for president.

As far as Hillary is concerned, I would vote for her, but realistically she seems to have no chance in winning the election...she has many enemies, and lots of them are other women!

I still have yet to understand why she is so hated, all the reasons I have heard are pretty petty. To be perfectly blunt, I think there are some men who feel threatened by powerful women, and women can be their own worst enemies (which makes me sad). Until this mentality changes we will never see a woman as president of the United States.

[edit on 4/5/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by ulshadow
A hot female president would be *nice

Oh no, not that

Hey nothing wrong with having a hot sexy intelligent woman as president.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't think its so much a matter of the people being ready as it is the decision being made for us by those in DC who run the show. If they want a woman in office, there will be a woman in office, if they want a black man in office it will happen. Over the years the real political power brokers have learned how to use the media to make the public feel whatever they want, so its all in wethere or not they feel like shifting their PR campaign towards a female candidate instead of the normal presidenail 'offerings'.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Condi Rice has stated numerous times that she has no intentions in running for president.

As far as Hillary is concerned, I would vote for her, but realistically she seems to have no chance in winning the election...she has many enemies, and lots of them are other women!

I still have yet to understand why she is so hated, all the reasons I have heard are pretty petty. To be perfectly blunt, I think there are some men who feel threatened by powerful women, and women can be their own worst enemies (which makes me sad). Until this mentality changes we will never see a woman as president of the United States.

Powerful woman ... No problem. I'm married to one. Slick, dishonest and cheesey is a whole different gig. That's why I don't like her. Manipulative, dishonest ... ON and on.

edited by me to get the quotes in the correct position.....

[edit on 5-4-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

Powerful woman ... No problem. I'm married to one. Slick, dishonest and cheesey is a whole different gig. That's why I don't like her. Manipulative, dishonest ... ON and on.

edited by me to get the quotes in the correct position.....

[edit on 5-4-2005 by sigung86]

Would you mind re-editing, so no-one could possibly think it's your wife you are denigrating?

In fact, who are you denigrating?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
As long as its not Hilary Clinton. For the love of God please not Hillary Clinton. Whats with that gap in Rice's teeth though?

The gap in her teeth is where the Bush admin creditablity has been leaking common sense gose into Bushs left ear and leaves thou Rice's teeth.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't think Alan Greenspan is the be all end all of economics, he has been wrong before as far as interest rate hikes/cuts and he not adam smith, that is for sure. The problem Americans face with their economy is not how many jobs it create but how much deficit and debt it has ran up, which i might add, is being bought up by rich Chinese and Japanese business men, when they decide to stop buying American debt, there will be a huge problem, a problem that is not being currently fixed by skyrocketing the debt/deficit.

Anyways back to the main topic, why not Hillary Clinton, everyone is saying petty things, doesn't she have a decent record. She seems more steadfast and determined than most democrats in her core beliefs and she was a power behind Clinton when he was president. I think she could easily win unless she went up against Rudy Giuiliani. Does anyone else think he might run in 2008?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Slick, dishonest and cheesey is a whole different gig. That's why I don't like her. Manipulative, dishonest ... ON and on.

Yeah I always hear adjectives to describe her, but never hear the reasons for them. I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve anything negative that might be said...just would like to know why.

Why is she slick, dishonest and cheesy? Aren't those prerequisites to being a politician?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No. Not because a woman can't do everything any other prez has, but because women do not belong in the white house making deals concerning our country. It's a mans job. Just like being a pastor in any church...its a man job. Now before you start all the seriously peed off replies, remember ima girl too
So just call it old fashion girl stuff. You know where men are in charge of the portant stuff. Just remember men this does not mean you are any more intelligent than us girliez, just your place is all

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
With the state of affairs in the United States slowly deteriorating, the economy, ...

I disagree with your initial assessment and I believe so do the economists such as Alan Greenspan who is looking at raising interest rates even faster because the economy is picking up too much steam too fast.

Greenspan is no longer in charge, Wolfowitz aka "Architect of the Iraq War" aka "cover-up man for BushCo/Halliburton corruption" is.

If I wasn't married, I'd vote for a woman. But now I know better, when I see the amount of wasted money spent by women on clothing, and cancer causing products. You know how much four pairs of girls underwear and 4 teddy's are at Victoria's Secret? $170!!! Who is keeping that company in business? It isn't men. Go to a mall, count the number of woman's clothing stores, its 5 woman's clothing stores for every one for men, I guess one could argue that women keep the economy running, China's economy that is.

Go to the grocery store, check out all the chemicals for women to put on their bodies, now ask every woman who goes down those aisles if they ever read the ingredients of those products before smearing it on their flesh, 99% will say they don't. Ask them if they know animal urine, cow brains and nanomachines, are in their cosmetics, they won't know it.

Ask any woman if they know who runs "Breast Cancer Awareness week", 100% will not know that is the chemical company that is the number one producer of cancer causing chemicals that go into the products women use.

For there to be a Female President, she'd have to be a really tough woman, hard core to the extreme.
And a woman like that would most likely upset the "obey thy husband" religious crowd and lose their vote, which we all have witnessed were the voters who got the Bush-Monkey into office.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Oh man...Legalizer, you do know that not all women are the same right? That we don't all act that way...

Gosh, I don't think I'm going to post/read this thread anymore its becoming downright offensive.

But yeah...as everyone can see sexism is still out there, Hillary doesn't stand a chance in Hell.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Oh man...Legalizer, you do know that not all women are the same right? That we don't all act that way...

Yeah of course I know that.
Its just an on observation of the female culture at present.

If Cynthinia McKinney runs for President, she has my vote, she's a fighter.

The world is never black and white.

I personally don't trust the Clintons, and I'm not even a right winger.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Legalizer, you don't know the women that I know. The women that I know are amongst the most frugal people I've ever met. Goodwill is their favorite store to shop at.

You want to talk about micro-economical fiscal responsibility? Men just like spending money on "toys" like big speakers, tvs, and needless cars. Those things are hell of a lot more expensive than brassieres.

It's all with whom you associate. Perhaps, Legalizer, you should stop associating with women that only care about artificial beauty, and start associating with intelligent, naturally beautiful women. Actually, that's what all men in this nation should do. Ogling women with tons of make-up does not help promote a healthy society. Oh, wait, that would mean that you would have to start associating with liberals.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Actually Greenspan is still incharge of the federal reserve if i am not mistaken, Wolfie is the new head of World Bank which is a whole other ball game.

That's great that you can name one economist that says the economy is growing, of course he is a biased economist, who is part of the government not a detached journalistic economist or a publishing intellectual/professor. I have read many reports and seen the numbers on deficit/debt, it is not a good thing, once again i say great you are creating some jobs, and consumers are still paying out more than they earn. It doesn't mean an overall healthy economy. You country is trilions of dollars in debt, and billions of dollars every year further in deficits. There is no fiscal responsiblity, this means that someone will eventually have to pay for this, meaning higher taxation. And I don't mean 100 years from now but repercussions will be seen and are being seen in your weakened dollar and slow turn around.

Bush is responsible for a terrible economy, through extremes in deficit spending and war costs, he has hurt the economy there is no question. Also China, Japan and even South Korea are buying up the American debt. You are sitting on a house of cards. If China and Japan decide not to invest billions and trillions every year in buying up debt and allowing americans to live the deficit lifestyles they lead, you will soon know what I am talking about.

So once again, why not a democrat, why not a woman, someone whose party is fiscally responsible, and forward thinking. It is past time for a change, American politics are getting stale, it is a two horse race with horses of the same breed. I think it is pretty ignorant for someone also to state that women have no place in the white house and that it is man's work, what a crock of $%^& . Don't be ridiculous! There have been inumerable female leaders throughout world history that have been quite capable, or if they weren't they did just as poorly as men have. i am a man and I say there is no reason a woman can't be president, I mean for god's sake you have a monkey doing it now, how hard could it really be??

Also by the logic that women only know how to spend and that there are 5 women clothing stores to men's five. How many women do you see at the local hardware store spending thousands to add that deck to their house or build a shed out in the back yard. Or at the lBest buy, spending thousands of dollars on electronics? I could easily go on, what you meant to say is that you feel women spend money on useless junk while mens consumer needs are so much more useful and productive. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Women and men are consumers, we all spend our money on things we don't need. And our governments who are mostly men are the worst of them all!

[edit on 6-4-2005 by jawapunk]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wow, a chance to see that underneath its pretences at freedom and equality America is still as backwards as ever!

There is no chance for a female president as the US is not keen on revolutionary ideas such as women leaving the kitchen, as shown by the fact the US has the fewest women representatives in the industrilised world.

All together the US is politically stuck in the 1950s when it comes to women. With the exception of Condelezzna (sp) Rice.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
well if america is backwards for this, lets not perpetrate the ignorance and fragile superegos by saying women or men are more fiscally conservative based on your examples of clothing stores and tool sheds. Which by the way, i have to say is very sterotyped (perhaps true
).

the budget crisis has nothing to do with man or woman. so both are equally capable with either saving or spending. American consumers shouldnt buy more than they earn, thats what got us into this mess in the first place.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hilary, if she runs will be the next prez. Then every one look forward to 2012 and Arnie taking over(literally)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
now that is an interesting idea, Arnie for prez. Should he get the laws changed and he actually becomes able to run for president, do you think he would win? He isn't the nest public speaker, neither is Bush, but with 6-7 training as Governor, he might become something. What does everyone think Arnie for prez? or not?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't think he should be, just that I think he will be. There is a big campaign to change the laws so that he's able to become President. He has the backing of George Bush Snr. GB has even said that we shouldn't bet against him becoming president.

With his background and "apparent" abuse and degrading of women. His previous steroid use, his preachings on dictorships, his closeness to ex Nazi party members. His father was a member. He perhaps would not be the best choice as President for the people, however seems to be perfect for the upper echelons of this world.

He has also tied himself to the Kennedy family by marriage. It has been previously documented that the Kennedy family is one of the 13 families.

I hope that I'm wrong but just watch carefully and see how things unfold.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Americans usually test the water by voting for a conservative first, then a radical.

Why do you think Hillary is moving to the right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join