It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Ready For A Female Prez?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
With the state of affairs in the United States slowly deteriorating, the economy, the continued war in the middle east, the price of oil, social security problems, unbelievable deficits and debts which will ensure extremely higher taxes in the future, are Americans ready to accept a Democrat again, a party wrote of as too liberal and wishy-washy? But in reality the only party that has shown any sort of fiscal responsibility in the last thirty years. And if they are ready for that, are they also ready to elect a woman, because Hillary is by far the top Democratic candidate for the 2008 election. Whether or not she runs is another question, but if she does, will she win? yes or no? and why?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nope, not in my lifetime.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Sad.

Who knows? We live in times less than predictable than ever. The country is changing fast. Who knows what's going to trnasipre in the next 3 years.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by intrepid

Sad.

Who knows? We live in times less than predictable than ever. The country is changing fast. Who knows what's going to trnasipre in the next 3 years.

Not a hope in hell, whether I want it or not. Did you see the complete smear campaign of the last election? Hell if there was a female candidate they would put out there that you couldn't have a person in charge of Nukes that suffered PMS. Know what? That would work.

Again, sad.

*shakes head*

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sure, I'd vote for a female as long as she was qualified in terms of previous positions and her agenda was in line with my own.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think, male Americans are not ready for a female president, and we the female population are, but as now the top two female possible candidates are not of my liking.

I will wait until other choices are available.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Don't forget that a female VP was tried 20 years ago:

Geraldine Ferraro.

The American public said, "Um, NO".

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
A hot female president would be *nice

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
A hot female president would be *nice

Oh no, not that

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
More countries are "ready".

NEWS: Chile Will Elect First Woman President This Year
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But maybe a country is not "ready" until issues of gender, sexual preference, size of genitals and sex appeal are no longer part of the thinking on qualifications for a leader.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, as of right now, you have only condolessa rice and hilary clinton.

But I'll tell you the darkhorse in this race...... Laura Bush.

She wears the boots in the family anyways.

[If it comes down to any two of them though, I vote None of Thee Above]

[edit on 5-4-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I know Hillary will run in 2008. Its always been part of the Clintons "plan". I hope she won't win because well, frankly, she is all that is evil.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Whats wrong with a female head of state?
Been done before with no probs...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If a female candidate was elected to candidacy by their political party by either Republican/Democrat than I think she'd get more votes because 70%-80% of women would vote for her based on her gender then she'd appeal to minorities because women have faced discrimination just as minorities.

The churches of America would be against her though because churches hate change and church propaganda is ran by bigots............

The right woman could win easily, in my opinion. I'd vote for Hillary but not Condi because she is a bush cronie.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
With the state of affairs in the United States slowly deteriorating, the economy, ...

I disagree with your initial assessment and I believe so do the economists such as Alan Greenspan who is looking at raising interest rates even faster because the economy is picking up too much steam too fast. Of course we do have a problem with the price of gas skyrocketing. I'm glad I don't own a gas guzzling SUV.

As far as female presidents go, if it was Kerry versus Ms. Clinton, I believe Kerry would win in a landslide.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Depends, ask the republicans, no on hilary cause she a dem, and no on Condi cause she black and a woman. Ask the dems, yes on hilary cause she a dem, no on condi cause she is Bushes second wife.

Pamela Anderson! Nice guns, now look at mine!

But a woman could have a chance, better then Nader anyways. Get women vote, dem vote(if running on a dem ticket, if running on a rep ticket, well, they won't vote for someone who isn't male/white/republica/christian/rich, never have, never will) get minority vote from dem and woman, a minority. Just hope for a Hilary vs Condi race, Hilary will win with 90% of the vote, which will only be 40million people cause no republican who truely follows the republican ways will vote for a woman, for that is satan/evil, look at every woman in the bible, all evil whores, except Mary, she a demigod in the Catholic religon, but every other woman is a evil satanist

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
which will only be 40million people cause no republican who truely follows the republican ways will vote for a woman, for that is satan/evil, look at every woman in the bible, all evil whores, except Mary, she a demigod in the Catholic religon, but every other woman is a evil satanist

STOP! In the name of all that is Holy. You herectic. Your heresy is unwarranted and shall not be tolerated by my Republican ears! Thos whores will take control again! NO! NO! NO! My feable mind is falling apart! The sky is falling! The SKY IS FALLING! Go tell the rooster!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to Hillary head-to-head against Rice in 2008.
The debates are really what I am interested in seeing between the two.

Wishful thinking, eh?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am a hardcore Republican and I was really wanting Condi to run until I found that she's not really strong pro-life, so now I'm not so sure....whatever the case, I'd vote for her if she won the nomination anyway.

I really don't like Hillary and wish she'd just get back to bakin' cookies and standin' by her man!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As long as its not Hilary Clinton. For the love of God please not Hillary Clinton. Whats with that gap in Rice's teeth though?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join