It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN the news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

A contributor voting NO on your submission: (submission) (news) ******************* has indicated they did so because they feel your topic really isn't appropriate for ATSNN. Keep in mind that ATSNN is the news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community.

I've gotten a few of these U2Us regarding storys of mine. Although I felt my storys fit the bill, it's no big deal it got a no vote and it is not what I'm posting about here.

As ATSNN is said to be a news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community, does that mean we should have storys posted about things like UFOs and Ghosts?

If I come across a story from a credible news source about UFOs or ghost should it be posted on ATSNN? Should it just go to its respected board?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have to agree with you on this. I posted one news story today that has received the sam No vote for bias as it does not have a conspiracy which was extremely strange in that it was exactly about a conspiracy

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
I posted one news story today that has received the sam No vote for bias as it does not have a conspiracy which was extremely strange in that it was exactly about a conspiracy

Sounds like part of a conspiracy to me.

Actually, while feedback is good, I would be concerned about my U2U cup running over with anonymous vote results if I was an active ATSNN contributor. But feedback is good.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
While i am not totally up on your submission , I would have to agree in principle that there are some unusual but credable things in the world most dont understand and blow off as a prank,.however is the purpose of news portals to circulate that information, I dont know.

I would hope that the credability of any news agency or portal would closely scrutinize the subject matter and if it meets the requirements of justified and collaberative evidence, then it should atleast be offered the oppurtunity of being heard.

Now the draw back to this is however the point over looked. Votes were solicited and recieved and the story didnt meet popular needs, if this is the case then I think the opinion should be respected and the content transformed into a thread of discussion to allow both sides to share.

You are not being told your story has no merit, but instead that you may want to pursue it in another venue...sounds logical and fair to me and you still get to speak you peace.

Not to discredit your information in the least , but this is true in real life as well stories that have good evidence of fact are offered other venues in sideline tabloids and news outlets....

You should maybe pursue that course....

No offense intended

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would be concerned about my U2U cup running over with anonymous vote results if I was an active ATSNN contributor. But feedback is good.

This red "del" link deletes any U2U's you'd like to remove.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would be concerned about my U2U cup running over with anonymous vote results if I was an active ATSNN contributor. But feedback is good.

This red "del" link deletes any U2U's you'd like to remove.

This is true and if I may also remind people of the obvious you have the option of purchasing extra space in you U2U box if you are worried about missing wanted U2U's........Sorry SO not meaning to step on your toes there but I thought it should be brought up.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

If I come across a story from a credible news source about UFOs or ghosts should it be posted on ATSNN? Should it just go to its respected board?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
lol it won't even let me edit.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
how long did you wait to edit ....i think there is a time limit and isnt it shorter than general threads....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

A contributor voting NO on your submission: (submission) (news) ******************* has indicated they did so because they feel your topic really isn't appropriate for ATSNN. Keep in mind that ATSNN is the news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community.

I keep getting this aswell, i think ATSNN staff might need to show us what is right for ATSNN and what isn't to save good stories getting voted down.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If I come across a story from a credible news source about UFOs or ghosts should it be posted on ATSNN? Should it just go to its respected board?

None of the staff have anything to say about this?

... I guess it will be up to the voters to decide.

Thanks anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I got one where someone did not think my linked source was credible.

If that what you think, then post that in the thread. Stand up for your opinion and be prepared to defend it.

Those anonomous U2Us are chicken bleep.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Guys come on , the place of any news reporting outlet wether it be CNN or Fox or ATSNN they are for reporting. However if you wish to debate you should again put the story in an appropriate forum for debate.....

To fill a credible news story with debate to me often seems to distract from the point the story makes. I would suggest that the voting is a good idea and a flag to let you know someone wishes to debate the issues.

In that context your immediate reaction should be to take the story to an appropriate forum and open it for debate......I know that private statements covered by the veil of confidential voting may irritate you and prompt posts such as above where in one member thinks a person should not be "chicken bleep", but I think this not the case.

The ATSNN staff has recognized the fact that for a news story to be productive such distracting statements and debates must be removed from the news forum ....and while they have not stated it openly, they have also given you an advisory statement.

By allowing you to know contradictory statements of opinion are present the Staff of ATSNN has basically let you know you might want to move this to an open debate forum, I know the signs are subtle but they are there all the same.

If a story is voted down it doesn't mean it's any less valid to the ATSNN staff , they have made that clear.....however you have also been advised clearly by submittion you accept the responsibility to formulate a story in a fashion worthy of publication , just as any national news program asks their people to do.

You submitters need only see the underlying truths here, and they are.

1) ATSNN wants to create a free and credable ave. for distribution of valuable information.

2) ATSNN wants the information to be presented with clarity not clowded by the endless and detracting debates of trolls or other undesirables.

3)ATSNN is expecting all submitters to submit in a fashion that does not detract from the reputation of ATSNN as a creditable news outlet.

4) ATSNN is a privalage extended by the ATS administration where in submissions may be solicited and recieved...other news agencies and outlets are far less open to the acceptance of people just walking in with a story.
Most times when a story is submitted in the real world those stories are taken in and then modified for context and purity, and then a anchor or writer puts it out in their own name....this is not so at ATSNN they want people to know you wrote your story and allow you to step into the writer shoes.

5)ATSNN has not malice intent of descrimination , however their stance of descretion may be percieved by an outside party, they recieve and publish stories based on the merits of the story not the person writing it.

6)ATSNN is responsible for all materials it allows to appear in its site, and as such they are subject to laws of the FCC and other Communication law enforcement agencies and the penalties will befall them , this often can result in fines and / or prison time at the least they may loose their right to operate.
While in turn you only lose points or get warns , no great risk befalls the members, and as such ATSNN should be respected for their discretion.

[edit on 7/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraxI've gotten a few of these U2Us regarding storys of mine. Although I felt my storys fit the bill, it's no big deal it got a no vote and it is not what I'm posting about here.

As ATSNN is said to be a news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community, does that mean we should have storys posted about things like UFOs and Ghosts?

If I come across a story from a credible news source about UFOs or ghost should it be posted on ATSNN? Should it just go to its respected board?

The problem would be defining "credible news source." We might take BBC or CNN on it (we did accept as news the reports about the Mexican UFOs being spotted by their fighters, because that was in the news.)

We generally don't accept local news posts unless they've hit the national/international news media. Best bet is to post them in the forums UNLESS it's national news.

I will often "no-vote" something for these reasons:
* only one news source (and it's not a huge news source)
* poorly written intro (2 sentences and not much effort)
* poorly written discussion
* of local interest but not national interest angle.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sorry Byrd I missed that one , however it's a good point none the less , so let me humbely say that should be # 7 on my little list of things submitters should remember.....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted by Umbrax

The "staff" of ATSNN is the Membership at large. The voting by all members who desire to vote decides the story's future.

Community Driven News Portal. 100% Community driven.

m...

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

posted by Umbrax

The "staff" of ATSNN is the Membership at large. The voting by all members who desire to vote decides the story's future.

Community Driven News Portal. 100% Community driven.

m...

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Springer]

Sorry Springer maybe I put the word staff in the wrong context....My intent was to show that the ownership administration and Mods are ultimately responsible for the forming of the ATSNN and is responsible for those items allowed to be published and in that context the statements do apply.

new topics

top topics

join