It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

comparison of U.S. V. europe subs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Orangetom

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I know there are some pro Israeli types in the government and I don't like it, but pro communist? Don’t quite buy that one. Look at what we have done to communist countries in the past.

But I do agree that the Traitor Clinton gave away a lot of Americas secrets.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

This was posted at 12:28 on the 11/04/05.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I spent some time looking through my posts and didnt recall making such a statement about Bill Clinton being a traitor. Thank you for clarifying. I finally found it in West Point's post. I am not sure if you had me confused with West Point or not....never the less we have it straight now..thanks Bill . Orangetom

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"I understand that orange, I think we share a similar way of thinking.....ah for the days when people where honourable (the military does retain this , but they can only transfer so much to the civi street) "

Yes Wasp...I agree..Honor.....to me something very lacking in many of our leaders. It is often more like political expediency than Honor.
I have the Privilege and Honor of working with many retired military people who bring this trait to the civilian work place. You can see it in their decision making and fortitude to see through many a difficult task.
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

BTW I find it funny that president(GWB) who selling whole US to the China right now is called patriot by many members of this board.

WTF, “whole U.S.” are you talking about outsourcing jobs? That is the price we pay for having a minimum wage and laws against sweat shops. That is hardly the presidents fault., and we are talking about military tech.

Also calling Clinton a traitor is illegal? Don't think so, 1st amendment.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
WP,

I think you will find calling Clinton a traitor is libelous and therefore illegal.

"SLANDER - A false defamation (expressed in spoken words, signs, or gestures) which injures the character or reputation of the person defamed; distinguished from libel.
Written or printed slanders are libels. "

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Correct, but there is a loop hole if the person you are talking about is a public figure then there isn't much he/she can do about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nope,

Your wrong, under most laws, including British and I think American Law, comments like yours does come under libel, any comments of an offensive nature, can be found in Libel, this is common with newspapers and TV News Programs.

So I have been told this site is monitored so, I would think twice of making statments like that.

Orange and Wasp,
Honour is some thing that sadly is lacking these days, times where men would get out of their seat for a lady or open a door for them are long gone, some thing that I was always told "Your nothing without Honour, you can do without many things but honour is one thing that can't be bought."

- Phil

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Goose,

Oh I hope not Sir. I pray not!! Concerning Honor!

I live in the Southern United States ..just South of the Mason Dixie Line. Here where there is still a measure of gentility to be found..both among women and men. I hope and pray that this never becomes obselete. These Genteel Civilities born from an olde sense of tradition and honor Sir.
Though I have been there a few time to the "famous " New York City to me it is more like infamous. If that is civilization ..you can keep it. I find my northern bretheren very coarse and lacking in every day manners or basic civilities. However one can make this point about many cities. For this reason large cities never appealed to me..the overall uncivility. This lacking of basic manners.
I am often highly insulted here by the media for their silent consent to the idea that NewYork City or the state of California represents the whole of these United States by some kind of automatic default setting. Places where such high speed uncivility are tolerated and touted as a badge of excellence to be emulated...adored..worshiped.
Nevertheless I pray this virus ..this infection never takes root here in the south Sir.

Thanks Orangetom

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I myself come from a military family and respect and honour are the corner stones of what we believe are a few of the most important things that a person can carry with them in their lifes.

I for one don't like the city life either, hell I was in the US, above new york for a few weeks and I kept nodding and saying hello and smiling and opening doors for ladies that the person I was with told me to stop because people where starting to thing that I was nuts... I just can't understand that mentallity.

Its a pleasure to meet you Orange, I hope to see more from you in this forum!

- Philip

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Being from the South myself and from a 4 generation military family, honor is learned and earned.

How about we 'honor' the original poster of this topic thread and get back on topic?

The topic is:
comparison of U.S. V. europe subs

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank you for your views on Honor Gentlemen.

Most certainly ..yes..lets get back to the sujbect at the title page..

If you go to the Web site Newport News Shipbuilding you will see that the second of the Virginia class submarines has been put in the water awaiting further waterborne outfitting. The USS Texas. I was priveleged to observe this evolution ...last week. Quite a undertaking putting one in the water for the first time. Lots of last minute details to overcome...Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Thank you for your views on Honor Gentlemen.

Most certainly ..yes..lets get back to the sujbect at the title page..

If you go to the Web site Newport News Shipbuilding you will see that the second of the Virginia class submarines has been put in the water awaiting further waterborne outfitting. The USS Texas. I was priveleged to observe this evolution ...last week. Quite a undertaking putting one in the water for the first time. Lots of last minute details to overcome...Orangetom

Like making sure there are no holes or hatches left open!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And that has happened too!!!

some of the incidents and accidents will never be made for public consumption or on the evening news.. ..some are laughable some horribly stupid.

That is precisely what one looks for when floating a vessel ..any vessel. When you float a aircraft carrier for the first time...it takes weeks of checking ..double checking and checking again...lots of people posted in certain spaces...all communicating with each other. I hate aircraft carriers..you can walk yourself to death on one. Some of these new container ships and tankers too. Orangetom

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Paper/Orange,

Look at what happened here in Scotland when they launched the Mounts Bay.

It came screaming down the slipway, into the water right across the river and into the bank on the opposite side. In the process scaring (and soaking) most of the 8,000 people who had gathered to see the launch.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Paper/Orange,

Look at what happened here in Scotland when they launched the Mounts Bay.

It came screaming down the slipway, into the water right across the river and into the bank on the opposite side. In the process scaring (and soaking) most of the 8,000 people who had gathered to see the launch.

Cheers

BHR

That happens on a regular basis. Ocean had major problems with her fore-poppet when she went in. Did you see cardigan go in a few weeks ago?

[edit on 19-4-2005 by paperplane_uk]

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Paper,

I was there on the original date but that got cancelled due to bad weather.

I could not make the re-arranged date.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I just re read your post..I didnt catch it the first time around.

They launch on inclined ways in Scotland. Its been awhile since Ive seen it done that way. Still very effective and viable way to build and launch.
Here they build in huge buildings where the enviornment can be handled for controled welding processes or they build in Dry Docks and then float out when ready.
In the huge buildings they roll them out on special electric/hydraulic gang hooked up cars and then into a floating dry dock ..then sink it into the water. Either way its a very intresting process to observe.
Still one has to be very careful and thorough ..no matter what process is used. Checking and double checking before launch.
Thanks
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Orange,

The main reason for the differences in launching between the US and the Clyde is water depth and river width.

If you ever make it over to Scotland then get in touch and I will take you on a tour of the sites.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell

Here is some intresting sonar arrays, Lockheed Martin has been working on. This is why I think the US is good in advanced acoustic sensor technology.

"We are sorry, page not found..."

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Longbow,

You might try just going to the Lockheed Martin website and seeing if you can navigate to the correct page from there.

Cheers

BHR

p.s. if you find the new link can you post it?

[edit on 25-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join