It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fundamentalist Mormonsleaving Utah... claiming end of the world in less than 24 hours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Seriously, we all have our own apocalypse, our own end of our world, and our own destiny to deal with. Dont worry about what some idiotic nut says is our fate. We'll all be around to post tomorrow night.

(I hope)

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hummm..........I need to do something that I always wanted to do and never had the guts to do, after all is the last day in earth...............I wonder what should I do................

By the way why the moved to Texas?

marge you could uuuuummm meet a tranger and do some erotic things ....i mean really it doesnt take to much imagination

lol

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Warren will be ok... his 12 year old wife will feed him his lithium and things will go back to normal... or as normal as those pedophilic racist desert dwelling whack jobs ever get.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The Utah State Attorney General is getting involved in all of this now....
The 'left behind' members in Colorado City have everything they own, from homes, to businesses, and tracts of land, in a vast 'collective trust' which is all under the name of Warren Jeffs.....all under his rule and stewardship. He seems to have abandonded the people not chosen to go along with the mighty man and his minions to El Dorado............he seams to not care one whit about all the OTHER people under his sway.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
he seams to not care one whit about all the OTHER people under his sway.

I've been thinking about ole Warren today - wouldn't surprise me a bit if he had the faithful sip a little koolaid and then disappeared across the border with the money and a few preteens. He's been planning this for so long now, he's definitely got something up his sleeve.

B.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Man, what a cool thread this is. I'm so glad I started it. So many points...

I can't believe what people are saying about this fiasco. Mostly about how much and what type of drink they will imbibe to welcome the end.

Excellent!

...all according to plan...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well the New Testament states that there will be many false prophets near the end times, and that many believers will be deceived by them. He,s jsut another one of these... That's it, that's all.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well as far as I can tell, 24 hours has passed.
As far as I can tell, the world is still here.

Unless they have internet, coffee, and stinky underarms in the after life.

Here's an article from two days ago on the CULT

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Usually in a case like this where an oddball sect has a doomsday clock set for noon manyana we trump up some excuse to surround the house and burn them alive Texas style. If the leader of the sect believes the government will come with tanks and kill everyone then our government is only too happy to oblige.

This looks to me like a schism in a splinter group. I had thought for a while that the leader could be referring to a symbolic new world in forming a new church but when I read the part about bodies floating up in the air part I knew that wasn’t the case.

If I was in a highly unstable paranoid state and had a messianic complex combined with delusions of grandeur it might be a tad unsettling to have all kinds of wild rumors and attention focused on me. Sometimes prophecy is self fulfilling.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
well hopfully ill be able to at least have my weekly poker game (every wed)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I found the following post on another board:

www.concernedchristians.org...

I live about 20 miles from this cults Colorado property, and I've followed their moves closely. I believe their leader Warren Jeffs is approaching a mental breakdown. He has about 10,000 folowers in the states of Arizona, Utah, and BC Canada. Utah and Arizona are building a multifaceted criminal and civil case against him.They bought the Colorado property (180 acres) and property near Eldorado Texas where they are frantically building up" towns" and in Eldorado, a temple.

This group has been bombarded with doomsday prophecys, the latest being Christs return on 1/05/05. When the dates pass without anything happening, they are told they aren't holy enough, or obedient enough. Jeffs always comes up with an answer and with typical cult mentality, they swallow it.

A good place to research this group is the local town's newspaper web site; www.myeldorado.net.

I have a dreadful feeling these people are heading for another Jonestown.

Garry T

Just posting it here for your information. I wonder if this guy really is losing his mind? If the end doesn't come, he's lost all credibility. So what will his move be then? I wonder if they have rifles in their little compound. Hmmm.

EDIT: here's the link to some audio where you can hear this guy spout his racist dogma. Certainly not LDS approved, but what would Joseph Smith have thought of these comments?

www.myeldorado.net..../YFZ%20Pages/YFZ040305.html

Hope it all gets resolved peacefully. One of the men inside needs to take the guy down ASAP, IMO.

EDIT REDUX: Oh man, this just keeps getting better! Listen to this:

Strangely, the audio clips reveals Jeffs instructing a group of teachers on the history of rock and roll music. In it Jeffs claims the 60's rock group The Beatles were trained to perform by an unnamed homosexual black man who was a drug user. Jeffs said that before they received the training the British singers were "pingy-pangy unnoticed useless people nobody would hire." However, after learning the black beat, the group became world famous and all other music has followed that pattern, Jeffs said.

Paul and John were 'pingy-pangy' until they 'learned the black beat'. Uh, what exactly is the black beat and where does it appear in "Michelle" or "Long, long, long" two of my Beatles favorites? Uhh..

[edit on 6-4-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
As I now understand it, the two towns of Colorado City, AZ and Hildale Utah are long time polygamists. Wikipedia says this:

The cities were once known as Short Creek, founded in 1913 as a ranching community; however, it soon became a gathering place from polygamist members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1935, the LDS Church excommunicated Short Creek's polygamist residents who refused to sign an oath renouncing polygamy, after which the FLDS Church was organized by John Y. Barlow, who would be the leader, and his friend Joseph White Musser. The location on the Utah-Arizona border was ideal because the group could avoid raids by one state by moving across the invisible state line to the other.

So we have a mormon ranch which is divided in 1935 as half (?) of the men are kicked out of the LDS (note the name of one of the cities' founders: John Barlow). These polygamous men form their own church, the Fundamental Latter Day Saints. From Wikipedia: Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints

The church currently practices "The Law of Placing" under which all marriages are assigned by the prophet of the church. Many outside of the church, and some inside, view this practice as unduly authoritarian though it helps address by edict the problem of wife shortages. Under the Law of Placing, the prophet elects to give or take wives to or from men according to their worthiness.

Ah yes, the prophet of the church. He who giveth and taketh away... Who was this 1935 charasmatic new prophetic voice for these Saints?

en.wikipedia.org... us_Christ_of_Latter_Day_Saints:

The church teaches plurality of wives as a general requirement for the highest eternal salvation of men. It is generally believed in the church that a man should have three wives to fulfill this requirement. Leader and Prophet Rulon T. Jeffs married 22 women and fathered more than 60 children.

[...]

On January 10, 2004, the church suffered major upheaval when Dan Barlow, the mayor of Colorado City, and about 20 men were excommunicated from the church and stripped of their wives and children (who would be reassigned to other men), and the right to live in the town. As a result, a few teenage women reportedly fled the towns with the aid of anti-polygamy advocates. Two of the young women, Fawn Broadbent and Fawn Holm, soon found themselves in a broadly publicized dispute over their freedom and custody. They fled state custody together on February 15, and have been on the run in multiple states since.

Think about this for a second. The guy had sixty children. We are seeing the fragmentation of the FLDS here. We're talking about the wife-shuffling psuedo-mormon-pope, who dies, and then his son consolidates all the wealth and runs out of town. This is pretty big news, particulalry if not for the DECADES-LONG MEMORY HOLE about any of this crap. Hilarious!

Also, you'll like this article: www.polygamyinfo.com...

March 25, 2004 - [...] FLDS church leader Warren Jeffs has expelled several prominent members from their homes in Hildale and Colorado City, forcing them to leave their families behind. Some have said such "corrections" are intended as a lesson in faith; others say Jeffs is consolidating power over followers who consider him their prophet.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Did I miss the end of the world again? I thought the trumpets were supposed to be louder or somethin' with some massive disasters, war and famine... Oh, just some guy in Utah who's hitting up women claiming they'll find salvation this way...

And now for the comic section of the newspaper:

"Eldorado is a new beginning, and the rest of the world will be swept clean," Chatwin said. "During the destruction, Jeffs and the faithful will be lifted up into the clouds."

Hehee, everyone needs a good laugh now and then.

I think dgtempe has it right:

Seriously, we all have our own apocalypse, our own end of our world, and our own destiny to deal with.

The end of the world could be today for each one of us individually whether it's car accident, disaster, disease, etc. so it'd be best to prepare yourself for the day after your last.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, I'm waiting...when is the end going to be here?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well, I'm waiting...when is the end going to be here?

Tomorrow....or the day after...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
2:30 Aizona time and what a beautiful 89 degrees it is. Not a good day for the end, if you ask me!

Silly wacko prophet! (good thing)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Man, what a cool thread this is. I'm so glad I started it. So many points...

I can't believe what people are saying about this fiasco. Mostly about how much and what type of drink they will imbibe to welcome the end.

Excellent!

...all according to plan...

Ya right! LUCKY YOU DC!
aint like I had anything to do with this now is it????
I have ~SERIOUSLY~ got to pay attention to the dang log in name up on my right! You are just walking away with all my 'kewl points'

GRRRRRRRRRRRR @ myself...................

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well the world is still here guys... sorry to let you all down... i do feel really really sick though... maybe he misread the prophecies

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Well the world is still here guys...

How is it that you truly know that?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by specialasianX
Well the world is still here guys...

How is it that you truly know that?

LOL
! Well, Legalizer made a very good point. Stinky underarms do in fact, still exist. If this were Hell, there'd be no coffee or internet. Still, a great idea to be ready for the day after our last. No underground PVC bunkers are going to help then.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join