It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter Not invited to pope's funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
BUSH PASSED OVER CARTER IN POPE FUNERAL PICK

President Bush selected his father and Bill Clinton over Jimmy Carter for the official delegation attending the funeral of Pope John Paul II, the Carter Center claimed Late Tuesday.

"President Carter expressed to the White House a desire to attend the Pope's funeral," an official said.

Carter "was informed that the official delegation would be limited to just five people, and there were also others who were eager to attend."

"The Carters always relish the memories of Pope John Paul II being a delightful personal guest at the White House in 1979, on a pope's only visit to our nation's capital city. Subsequently, they visited with His Holiness in the Vatican."

One senior GOP official said that Carter wanted to take his wife Rosalynn along, but was informed that would be impossible. It was unclear if Clinton asked to take along his wife, New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always nice to have a bunch of crooks attend a great humanitarians funeral whilst leaving another great humanitarian home..

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Carter should "self-peace" himself out. Why ahould he be allowed to go over other more important leaders. Plus, who trys to invite themselves to a popes funeral?? How rude?!?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense when you see the Administrations position of "Building bridges". Clinton and GHW are making appearences everywhere. Jesus, PLEASE keep it off of next years Superbowl.

Just proves that the whole bunch of them are in the same bed.

Laughing at the American public.

Carter has more credibility than both of them put together.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am very surprised that Carter was taken out, I guess the last two senior presidents has been around quite ofter together lately as ambassadors of the US to the world now under Bush presidency.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well I'm glad Carter is being shunned. He's been running around the world doing treasonous acts ever since he left the presidency. Plus he was probably the worst president the U.S. has ever had.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well I'm glad Carter is being shunned. He's been running around the world doing treasonous acts ever since he left the presidency. Plus he was probably the worst president the U.S. has ever had.

Oh #, that's right. He was more concerned with civil rights, personal freedoms and not millitary build up. Let's crucify him NOW.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Oh #, that's right. He was more concerned with civil rights, personal freedoms and not millitary build up. Let's crucify him NOW.

Leftist love Carter, he actually won a Nobel Peace Prize, but hey, so did Yassar Arafat. If anyone ever deserved a Peace prize it would have been Ronald Reagan. I still don't understand why George W. Bush has never been nominated?

Jimmy Carter has slightly more credibility than Jessie Jackson. That is not saying much. Like Jackson, Carter has regulated himself as irrellevant, desperate for publicity.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well its understandable.

Bush didn't want to include anyone with any actual integrity.

Would show him as so cheesy by comparison.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
After leaving the white house Carter has more than proven he's a good man. His charitable work and his outreach has been impressive.

I lived thru the Carter presidency and I can assure you, He had absolutely no business being president of the United States. In 1979 the people of the US did not vote to put Ronald Reagan into office, they voted to get Jimmy Carter OUT.

Under Carter I was ashamed to be an american. Thats how he made americans feel about themselves. His policies were appeasement. His leadership was non-existent.

I'll bet even the Pope is glad he's not been invited.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The day Bush is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, I'll be convinced that our world is really doomed. How many Iraqis and Americans died in that operation? So killing people is called peace now? Did we just move into bizarro-land?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This makes perfect sense when you see the Administrations position of "Building bridges". Clinton and GHW are making appearences everywhere. Jesus, PLEASE keep it off of next years Superbowl.

I would have thought that humanity was more important then politics.

Nither Carter,Bush and Clinton are cathlics so I dont see why they should be at the popes funeral.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
The day Bush is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, I'll be convinced that our world is really doomed.

Otts

The world is indeed a sad place full of denial and ignorance and profiteering warmongers that have no concept of peace, but I want to help you to get with the program.

Bush has already been nominated (last year), along with Tony Blair.

www.abc.net.au... , for example.

Ain't life grand? The end is nigh for you now, huh.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
The day Bush is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, I'll be convinced that our world is really doomed. How many Iraqis and Americans died in that operation? So killing people is called peace now? Did we just move into bizarro-land?

Hey, man, you gotta learn the doublethink. Where have you been?
Just take a long look around, you just gotta brainwash yourself, it's fun. Bush is for freedom, but he has to take it away to protect us. It goes on and on...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You know what's REALLY scary, MA? HITLER was nominated!!! Then again, I guess you couldn't leave him out if Bush was nominated...they have so much in common...

top topics

join