It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: NIST releases Latest WTC data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The latest NIST presentation on the WTC tower collapse is now available on-line.

www.nist.gov
Like most building collapses, these events were the result of a combination of factors,” said Shyam Sunder, lead investigator for the agency’s building and fire safety investigation into the WTC disaster. “While the buildings were able to withstand the initial impact of the aircraft, the resulting fires that spread through the towers weakened support columns and floors that had fireproofing dislodged by the impacts. This eventually led to collapse as the perimeter columns were pulled inward by the sagging floors and buckled

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is the last presentation before the draft final reports are released in June.

In addition to the press release above, the slide show presentation by Shyam Sundar is very interesting, but be careful, there is a lot of information and without a transcript of the verbal presentation made with it, it may be misleading. For instance, at first glance, the slide on page 31 seems to indicate that the maximum temperatures that the columns were exposed to did not exceed 250 degree C. However a closer examination reveals that these temperature maps are from only 100 seconds into the fire simulation.

The detailed analysis and data presented clearly supports their hypothesis. I was unaware of the severe inward bowing of the perimeter walls prior to the collapses.

NIST will eventually release over 10,000 pages of documents. Enough to keep even the most die hard conspiracy theorist happy for years to come.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

[edit on 5-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
WTC 7 report will be issued after the "final" report which is due to be released June 2005. The attempt to disassociate WTC 7 from the more simple-to-explain theories of WTC 1 & 2 is completely obvious. In fact, the WTC building 7 report will act as a "supplement" to the main report slated to be released 6 months later, roughly in December 2005.

Could NIST be trying to sneak WTC7 report after the dust settles?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Doubtful, Like it says there somewhere, they can only write one report at a time.

You won’t believe anything they say about it anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It will be interesting in dissecting NIST's so called "in depth analysis" of the WTC 7 debacle of theories due to be released Dec 2005.

I'm certain that rocket fuel fires and debris caused this skyscraper to conveniently implode.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Great find

As Howard said, many won't believe the report anyway. That link to the slide show was good too.

Why 7 before the final? Test the air- see what stones get thrown and be who?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm certain that rocket fuel fires and debris caused this skyscraper to conveniently implode.

What rocket fuel?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
At this point, I will never trust NIST with their consistant morphing of WTC 9/11 conclussions.

First we were told jet fuel was hot enough to melt steel for the first time in history = That was disproven.

Then we were fed more lies, that a 'pancake effect' crushed one floor after another which brought down the buildings = That was disproven.

Now NIST claims inadequate fireproofing, if adhered firmly to columns and floors, would have saved the building from collapsing = Soon to be disproven.

I don't get it, how is this acceptable to you? How many sequential lies by NIST are we to accept until we revolt? When the fireproofing theory is disproven, will you play ignorant accepting yet another fabricated lie as the truth?

NIST
No it wasn't the inadequate fireproofing, we have a new report that proves it was....

I hope we're all aware that this would be NIST's third attempt at offering us the truth..

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Exactly, what rocket fuel? I'm dying to hear NIST explain how WTC 7 conveniently imploded from a few office fires caused by...

Rocket fuel right?

No no.. NIST will claim debris from WTC 1&2 penetrated WTC7 to it's inner core causing the structural integrity to implode. Riiiiight

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

At this point, I will never trust NIST with their consistant morphing of WTC 9/11 conclussions.

First we were told jet fuel was hot enough to melt steel for the first time in history = That was disproven.

Man, Syntaxer, you are the most stubbornly ignorant person that I have ever run across.

No one has ever claimed that the buildngs collapsed because the steel melted. The only ones promoting that theory are those, like you, who refuse to grasp basic scientific concepts.

The fire was hot enough to weaken the steel structure to the point that it failed. That point is generally around 600 C or so. ANY structural fire can easily exceed 1000 C.

Then we were fed more lies, that a 'pancake effect' crushed one floor after another which brought down the buildings = That was disproven.

WTF are you talking about? Are you really that ignorant of basic physics or do you simply not care about facts and reality in your dogged pursuit of your own personal agenda.

What possible proof can you offer that can counter the fact that the kinetic energy of a falling object increases with the distance that it falls?

Now NIST claims inadequate fireproofing, if adhered firmly to columns and floors, would have saved the building from collapsing = Soon to be disproven.

WTF??????

Did you read that before you posted it? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't get it, how is this acceptable to you? How many sequential lies by NIST are we to accept until we revolt? When the fireproofing theory is disproven, will you play ignorant accepting yet another fabricated lie as the truth?

Syntaxer, do you even understand what “fireproofing” is and how it works?

I don’t think that you really do.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Exactly, what rocket fuel? I'm dying to hear NIST explain how WTC 7 conveniently imploded from a few office fires caused by...

Rocket fuel right?

No no.. NIST will claim debris from WTC 1&2 penetrated WTC7 to it's inner core causing the structural integrity to implode. Riiiiight

Are you claiming that WTC 7 was a storehouse for rocket fuel or something?

Where do you come up with this crap?

top topics

join