It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code Names

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: retroviralsounds

Actually in communications with units in the field in combat they change ,mine was Headhunter 15E By the CEOI.
That is where units get their names.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Someone wrote a book on what almost every Operation codeword ever stood for, with a short blurb on the operation.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Interesting, there are meanings connecte dto the names..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElzaQ
Someone wrote a book on what almost every Operation codeword ever stood for, with a short blurb on the operation.

He used to be a fairly active ATS member too.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I like the British code names....
en.wikipedia.org...

also
virtuallinguist.typepad.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CMAN

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread. It reminds of just how many women and men who have served are on thus website.

I was liked the code names that X something.

Isn't there a code name in military lingo that means private and starts with an X?

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
An Odd But Serious Question

I have been going through my late father's office paperwork and found an empty folder with a few pieces of paper (some looked like old bills of sale) that don't explain it. He was an astrophysicist researcher at one of the research universities in the United States and occasionally worked with federal and international agencies on various projects, all classified apparently, though I could never confirm either way with him. The folder I found only had an alpha-numerical designator and one piece of paper with "Project: Polar Bill" written that caught my eye. I don't know what it means, but my father's research usually dealt with the natural forces in the universe, like gravity or nuclear. Has anyone heard of this or have any idea what it may refer to at all?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join