It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code Names

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just worry about any that have the prefix "ZR"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
A friend sent me this link, which I found informative, and more surprisingly, very accurate.

Code Names

It sheds some light on the methodology by which codewords and nicknames are assigned, and how they are grouped together. A good read for you black project junkies.

Pyros

Nice. Thanks for posting. I'm working on something right now and this will help me a lot. I'm new here...as of yesterday. I have something that will blow your minds...coming soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Unfortunately the reply you received from Pyros and the article linked, is factually incorrect unless of course, they were referring soley to American forces in WWI.

The use of code names and indeed code numbers stem almost directly from the ancient yet primative intelligence networks developed by the Greeks and Romans.

Histiaeus of Miletus, who was being held against his will by King Darius of Susa, sent a tattooed secret message to his son-in-law, Aristagoras on the head of his slave. This was 54 BC and the first recorded use of a written, coded, message.

Indeed The Society of Jesus, the Jesuits had, by 1534, one of the most advanced intelligence services in the then modern world. They used a mixture of ancient Roman Latin and anciet or Attic Greek and it is believed that Leonardo da Vinci was the father of modern cryptology in that not only did he write from right to left in an almost mirror like style, but he changed letters in words; words in sentances and a form of txt-write [to use modern jargon] to hide the true meanings of the 1000 pages of text that remains today.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I am doing research on the new Thorium plasma battery being used in long-range torpedoes and stealth satellites and I want to know if any of you are aware of the code names being used by the Navy, Air Force, or Nasa so I can do some serious inquiry via FOIA and some Congressmen who are known to be against technology suppression. Thanks for your help.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

It would be cool if you could publish a book about this. I have always had an interest.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
interesting . thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just curious if anyone has ever come across any Codes with an "X4" Designation.

My search results haven't yielded anything as of this posting outside of aircraft.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 9/29/12 by GENERAL EYES because: edit to clarify

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
UK Cold War Central Government wartime dispersal codes:

1968 - 1970 PYTHON (protected by ACID)

1970 - 1982 PEBBLE (protected by FILCH)

1982 - 1983 RUBBER (protected by CLARET)

1983 - ? RUBY (protected by SIPPET)

1979 - ? Corsham Alternative Central Government War Headquarters deception plan FLEX

zero lift

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Darn no blackjack or Maji Ops?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Good tool for future research and "hypothesizing"

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That is a very good find. I would read it and yes study it if I were not currently occupied.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This stuff is basically whats behind all these false reports and hoaxes. Rather annoying really lol

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyros

They forgot to add "FECES" to the list. Please join me in demanding that they add FECES (..x..) to the list.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Icarus Rising

Yes. Mine is "ARGENT" what's yours?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure this is the right thread to pose this question, but in my city we stumbled upon a military project called Big Ben 7. I've scoured the internet for more information but cannot find anything. Has anyone heard of this project and if so, what do you know about it?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this, but who is the go-to guy / gal for researching classified tech around here?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I found this link that appears to be the work of William M. Arkin that some people previously spoke of. I will post it below in case it is still of interest to anyone.

williamaarkin.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That's amazing, I never knew this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join