It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code Names

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good find, thanks for pointing that one out to me. *warms up printer*

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
awesome link. pact with information. thanks =]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
been there, seen that.

The real question has to be, what is your code word?

Everybody has one. Do you know yours?

Realy? Everyone has a code word? Where would I look for my code word?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
they call me boo boo kitty ~_~. Interesting find. (1 liners ftw
)

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There's a free novel about spies online called "Inherited Trait," telling how the code name "Scorpion" was given to a Defense Intelligence agent. I think that's actually the way it works. Most names have reasons, but not all.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Yes indeed. The Book is called Code Words and the aurthor is Arkin.

Its a must have and truly a sign of the hard core.......Yes I have one

I have one as well. The book contains every known Code Word from 1903 to the Present. You can recognize it by it's yellow cover.

I wish to add one thing to Fred's comment about it being a Must Read: It a prefect starter for the new Conspiricy theorist, as it povides reader with a great insight into how code words are assign and used in addition to a detailed list of all the known ones.

Tim

XS

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Originally posted by FredT
Yes indeed. The Book is called Code Words and the aurthor is Arkin.

Its a must have and truly a sign of the hard core.......Yes I have one

I have one as well. The book contains every known Code Word from 1903 to the Present. You can recognize it by it's yellow cover.

I wish to add one thing to Fred's comment about it being a Must Read: It a prefect starter for the new Conspiricy theorist, as it povides reader with a great insight into how code words are assign and used in addition to a detailed list of all the known ones.

Tim

Since it comes up to the present will a lot of agencies be using the same codes? I would have thought they would change it all if it got out.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Probably not! Active Code Words are classified. As I said, the book has all the Known ones. One of the biggest pluses is it has the Lead codes, such as:
HAVE
SENIOR
TACIT

These are reused becaues they identify the service or agency of origion. For example anything that is SENIOR (Random word) is a US Air Force project, while TRACTOR is US Army.

Tim

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Really good post, It's always interesting to have such informations!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There is also a great book with the title "Code Names" that lists info on many military operations, programs, and exercises ..

See the following short url to the description of this book at amazon dot com:

/2o33sg

Elaine

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I know a retired army psychology guy whose job it was to come up with code names.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the classification of an S-3 might mean? I tracked over when reading page 207 of US ARMY UFO FIOA declassified reports over on the BlackVault. (from 1947)

I also read in this same document that the ARMY keeps an active denial list.
You could have knocked me over with a feather after reading that. You can mind that on Page 161

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Skydancer]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
has anyone heard of a project lancelot?

i can't find anything on the web that sounds like it. cannot find it in your site. back in 2004 i was dating a vietnam veteran on contractor duty for what i thought was a national lab in calif. he broke off our relationship abruptly. i loved him very dearly and thought he loved me but he left me for this awful war or something around it.

before that he was meeting with some secret group of vietnam vets, retired police, and retired fed agents on this lancelot thing. i think that is the name of it because that is all i could see on the paper titles on his desk.

the whole thing was strange to me because all of a sudden james was checking out library books and buying others on alternative medicine, homeopathy, and cancer. it scared me because i thought he was sick. all james would tell me is that some people were working on a way to defend the country against germs. i think it had something to do with homeopathy because james was suddenly reading many books on that subject and asking me what i knew. he spent a lot of time researching it on the internet.

i told james that i thought homeopathy was all a big fraud using sugar pills
and water. that is what shocked me. james said it was not! he said that he and others had witnessed proof it was not. he said this professor was maybe the first in the world to demonstrate beyond any doubts that it worked. i laughed and said it must be a government plot to use mind control to cure us of avian flu! james said he thought that at first when attending the meeting because that is how it was painted to them. to his surprise it worked. this professor he mentioned was fixing people and dogs with cancer using it. james said they had already put some nationwide system in place to defend the country without using a single tax dollar. all just veterans doing it as charity.

james was no flake or dummy. he spent 25 years in the army and retired as a colonel. he was a 32nd mason but also a sincere christian. i am a democrat and james was very right wing conservative. he was not an extremist. he would not be involved with that.. i asked if he was working for masons due to his secrecy but he said not. he said this professor knew all about masonry, knew james was a mason, and was clearly higher than he could figure. illuminate? james did not think so. we talked about all that at times before and james said these people were very different but also related. he could not tell me more than that.

what james did tell me was that most cancer is already cured. but most people do not know that or want to. i know that to be true but do not understand how homeopathy ties in. james also told me that he was so happy to work with these people because the professor had recruited
all serious christians. creepy! he said the man handpicked only the best people the country has in areas of their need. that is why james was selected. all that made sense at the time but this. james told me that these researchers also had a cure for abortion. that sounds crazy!! james said it sounds crazy because i do not know the details. cure abortion???

that is the biggest reason james left me. he wanted me to know that as a feminist. he laughed that what he was working on was so brilliantly skeemed that it did not have to be secret. it greatly excited him as a christian. i guess he did not love me more than politics and creepy militarty things. he broke my heart to conspire on some right wing thing i do not understand. i only know that it was very real to him and that his mind was fully awake. he was not brainwashed. he was not under any form of mind control that i could tell. that is what was so creepy about it. he was just so excited. but how can you use sugar and water to defend the country? what does that have to do with christian right, masons, and abortion??? could it relate to the holy grail???? weird. what do you know?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Insurrection Barrel

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The one book that was mentioned in the sources of the first link on this thread,CODE NAMES
eciphering U.S. Military Plans, Programs, And Operations In The 9/11 World, is an eecellent source for code names for US Operations and Projects. It is a bit over 600 pages total and is divided into four sections. The largest section, by far, is the second section, which lists the activities of the U.S. Military within many countries.
It also details the cooperation many of these same countries are giving the United States in the so-called 'War on Terror.'
I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to not only learn about U.S. codenames, but of the worldwide activities of the U.S. military. So check it out if you get the chance.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
first thing is good find. Just one problem with top secret codewords and callsigns like that is when you put things like that online or in other form of media they will assign new codewords / callsigns. Or its one of those things that "THEY" allowed to be found and put up on the internet.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Verry nice link! Will deffinately read more on this as i want to know what is going on if there is ever a military squable haha

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Kind of skipped a few posts and I'm not sure if anyone said this but a lot of codewords are made up in the beginning of an op, as well as safe words and challenging passwords. For instance, if I am coming up to a gate and I don't want the marine to light me up with a .240g (machine gun), he'd say something to me such as "nice day out huh?" with "day" being the challenging word, and I'd have to say something like "yes, but it was cloudy yesterday" with "cloudy" being the safe word. Obviously it'd be a little more in depth but it's just a little background for ya.

Codewords such as the ones posted on that website are mainly used for radio transmissions.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Nice find bud!! Flagged. Thanks for sharing with us.
-Z-

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Weak sauce.

Code words don't mean much of anything. It might lead you to a service and section, but you're not going to garner much more info than that. Code words are designed so uncleared folks can handle our budgets and stuff like that. Thats how all the damn inaccurate/falsified info gets fabricated in the first place. Accountants with imaginations.

PS: TK still exists. Its just a subdivision of SCI. It doesn't mean anything until you add compartment keywords.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join