It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Anonymous Author and The Epoch Times Vs. The Chinese Communist Party

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Alright. For the FLG supporters, this is why FLG should not be considered as an orthodox religion is ultimately a political tool manipulated from behind the scenes only to cause internal rife and weaken the mainland.

Unlike the other orthodox religions such as Buddhism, Nestorianism, Islam, Christianity (both Baptism and Catholicism), FLG incites its believers to carry out terrorist activities and a continued stream of attack on the Chinese government. Its political motivation can be seen clearly from one incident. Singapore declined support to FLG and one FLG member tore the Singapore flag. This is exceedingly contradictory to the concept of Ren (tolerance) that they teach. Or maybe it isn't, because Ren only means tolerance. When you have reached the boiling point, you can do whatever you want.

I see no good of FLG. All they have tried to do is brainwash me. I have met several members already and they all tried and failed. I have already told them that I only believe in one God and they told me that God is nothing and that Li Hong Zhi is the true reincarnation. I retorted that if they are the true reincarnation, why does he rely on flyers and brochures (Lmao)? Many uneducated people believed him because they think that practicing FLG would save you from illnesses. This is a social problem that the PRC should deal with - increasing medical costs. However, the practice of FLG has led to many deaths which would otherwise have been avoided through both sending the patients to see doctors and the lowering of medical costs.

FLG is a problem in China because many policies of China has only allowed it to grow. It is like having a cancer and continuing to smoke cigarettes, drinking alcohol and eating KFC. I believe that to rid itself of this cult China should embark on serious social reforms to improve the general education level and healthcare for the people. At the same time, China should also recognize that the best way to fight against a cult is to rely on the help of orthodox religions. I am not saying that orthodox religions are good or bad or anything, but what these religions preach are more acceptable to the mainstream culture and generally acceptable.

There's something about FLG that other religions don't do, esp. Buddhism or Islam or Christianity. Islam in the US didn't carry out massed demosntrations aimed against teh government, and neither did Christianity in China make big displays of their disagreement with the government. Less is even said about the real practice of Buddhism.

Not only to the FLG protests sometimes flare into violence, they carry it into the political level. The ripping of Singapore flag is an instance of their displays of politicism. While people call the Muslim protestors that burns the flags of Israel and the US as terrorists or fundamentalists the FLG supporters get away with ripping the flag of Singapore or burning the Chinese flag or blasts at the PRC with non-sensical rhetoric (and at the same time carry out a most fervent propaganda warfare against the Chinese government). I have a dislike any form of extremism, whether its Islam, Christianity or Buddhism or any other religion. FLG represents a new extremism. It should not be tolerated nor supported.

I am more for the beefing up of Chinese media warfare against the Falungong. Clearly, the FLG has the upper hand in places outside China to appear victimized when China herself is also a victim. What I suggest is making a documentary that details the birth and construct of the cult and distribute it to other countries.

Not to mention starting ethnic and cultural studies for real this time. China needs to have an ethnic and cultural studies department that would cover all religion, ethnicity and culture of the world. In the next 20-30 years China would become a superpower, and by that time I hope that the Chinese people will become a truly international people with great understanding of world culture.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Let me make myself perfectly clear on this:

Falun Gong is not the problem. The problem is that people of several different religions are being placed into forced labour and re-education camps, and in some cases, subjected to torture. That is an abuse of human rights. The CCP was doing this to the people they are supposed to be taking care of long before Falun Gong came into the picture.

How does Li have anything to do with Christians, Muslims and Buddhists being persectued? This is way, way bigger than Falun Gong. This is about the systematic silencing of anyone who might not obey the CCP.

Originally posted by joechino
Unlike the other orthodox religions such as Buddhism, Nestorianism, Islam, Christianity (both Baptism and Catholicism), FLG incites its believers to carry out terrorist activities and a continued stream of attack on the Chinese government.

Please explain the 'terrorist activities' of Falun Gong. I haven't heard of any attacks that they have taken credit for.

I see no good of FLG. All they have tried to do is brainwash me. I have met several members already and they all tried and failed.

I get that too. Only in my case, it's Jehovah's Witnesses standing outside the post office. I just smile, say 'No thanks' and walk away. It's very easy to do, and doesn't involve detainment and torture. I think it's a nice solution.

This is a social problem that the PRC should deal with - increasing medical costs. However, the practice of FLG has led to many deaths which would otherwise have been avoided through both sending the patients to see doctors and the lowering of medical costs.

Increasing medical costs are not only a problem for China, it is something all Western countries are trying to deal with as well.

There are some religious groups in Western society that do not believe in the use of medicine and if they were bleeding to death, they would refuse a blood transfusion. Instead of outlawing these groups, they are allowed their religious freedom. That doesn't mean there aren't limits. If an adult refuses to allow their child to have a transfusion in a life threatening situation, the government will get involved. The difference is they don't round up all the members, and ship them off for repair.

I believe that to rid itself of this cult China should embark on serious social reforms to improve the general education level and healthcare for the people.

You know what, that's exactly what people in my country expect of our government, and those are the top two priorities every time there is a poll taken. And it's a good idea. If you think that educating people and giving them access to health care will make it so they don't 'fall prey' to Li's teachings, then great, you have come up with a reasonable solution that doesn't include violence and persecution.

At the same time, China should also recognize that the best way to fight against a cult is to rely on the help of orthodox religions.

Just because a person does not have 'orthodox beliefs' does not mean that they need to be converted. Do you consider Islam, Buddhism and Christianity to be 'orthodox' beliefs? Because they are being harrassed too.

There's something about FLG that other religions don't do, esp. Buddhism or Islam or Christianity. Islam in the US didn't carry out massed demosntrations aimed against teh government, and neither did Christianity in China make big displays of their disagreement with the government.

No, you don't see a lot of Islamic demonstrations going on in the US. But boy, do you sure see those Christians. The religious groups are a powerful voting block. They may not be doing it in China, but they actively and loudly disagree whenever they want in the US. That is what having religious freedom is all about. Having the freedom to be whatever religion you want and being free to express it, without the constant threat of imprisonment.

While people call the Muslim protestors that burns the flags of Israel and the US as terrorists or fundamentalists the FLG supporters get away with ripping the flag of Singapore or burning the Chinese flag or blasts at the PRC with non-sensical rhetoric (and at the same time carry out a most fervent propaganda warfare against the Chinese government).

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that this is because Muslim extremists have actually killed American and Israeli citizens. To my knowledge, Falun Gong has not carried out any mass attack against the people of China or Singapore. And if they have, well the CCP must have done their usual bang-up job of covering it up, because nobody else here has mentioned it. And I'm sure someone would have.

I am more for the beefing up of Chinese media warfare against the Falungong. Clearly, the FLG has the upper hand in places outside China to appear victimized when China herself is also a victim. What I suggest is making a documentary that details the birth and construct of the cult and distribute it to other countries.

The only problem with that would be that in order for the documentary to be taken seriously, it would have to be 100% accurate. The CCP does have a bit of a reputation for sort of skewing things in their direction.

Without that, it would be denounced as another attack on religious freedoms by the CCP. And you must be careful. Some countries may consider such a documentary, if done in an inflammatory manner, to be a hate crime.

Also, how would you like it if Western governments started making documentaries about Jiang Zemin and showing them in China, how would you feel about them?
Would you feel like they were lying to you? Because however you would feel, is how they would feel. I don't think that the CCP trying to exert its influence in other sovereign nations is such a good idea.

Not to mention starting ethnic and cultural studies for real this time. China needs to have an ethnic and cultural studies department that would cover all religion, ethnicity and culture of the world.

This is truly an excellent idea. I fully agree that China should be learning about and preserving the cultures and religions of its regions. Too bad the CCP disagrees with us on this one. Remember the Tibetans and Uighurs?

In the next 20-30 years China would become a superpower, and by that time I hope that the Chinese people will become a truly international people with great understanding of world culture.

Lots of people outside China think you will be a superpower too. And if you are going to operate as an equal amongst your peers, the CCP is going to have to change its ways. Because nobody, except for the people of China, is willing to tolerate their blatant disregard for the people they have been given the responsiblity of taking care of.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Duzey]

Oct

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
CCP's agents become mad.

For some western reporters, they donot believe in the things beyond their own knowledge, and they are influenced by CCP's evil propaganda. so they themselves interpret Mr. Li's words, and try to mislead people.

Falun Gong practitioners practitice according to the nature of the universe--Truthfulness, benevolence and Forbearance.

Falun Gong practitioners are not forced to get rid off medicle treatment.
If a person thinks he should go to see a doctor, no one will stop him.

However, Falun Gong practitioners get a healthy body after practicing, and actually, they need not go to see a doctor.

CCP lies that Falun Gong doesnot allow people to take medicine, this is a absolute defamation, which only can cheat the one who does not know the practice.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's all part of the greater strategy to deflect the Chinese people's attention away from the problem, onto the 'evil cult'. Through skillful use of media, they have China's attention focused on the Falun Gong 'problem', while persecuting groups that might not be so despised by the general public.

It makes good dictatorship kind of sense to completely slander and demonize one particular group of people in a diverse society, when you have three or four to take care of. That way you can get everyone so worked up over the evil group, they won't even notice what else you are doing.

And as an added bonus, you have a built-in scapegoat for anything that goes wrong.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
In this Time Magazine interview, Li Hongzhi himself reveals what a fraud he is.
Why don't you explain it to us?

www.time.com...

On April 26, Erping Zhang, a close associate of Li Hongzhi, the mysterious leader of the Falun Gong religious movement, called TIME in New York to say that major events were transpiring in Beijing. "It looks as though quite a few people have shown up," he said. When we asked how many, he guessed that it might be 10,000. "But this is getting bigger," he said. "They are planning to go to the government offices." As it turned out, Zhang was correct. At least 10,000 Falun Gong members gathered in front of Zhongnanhai, the seat of China's government, to demand recognition from authorities and freedom to practice their beliefs. The demonstration appeared to indicate that Falun Gong--which may have as many as 100 million adherents worldwide, mainly in China--is tightly organized. But Zhang insists that the protest was "spontaneous."

A few weeks before the demonstration, TIME interviewed Li Hongzhi, the soft-spoken 47-year-old creator of Falun Gong, in Manhattan where he settled after leaving China a year ago. Li believes the ancient Chinese art of qigong (Falun Gong is one variation) can endow practitioners with superhuman powers. He also says the world is in chaos today because the human race has been invaded by aliens from other planets who hope to challenge mankind through scientific means, especially through human cloning. If Li's ideas seem far fetched, it is worth noting that he has fans and followers worldwide. On Oct. 11, 1996, Houston mayor Robert C. Lanier proclaimed the date to be Li Hongzhi Day. Li was interviewed in New York by TIME correspondent William Dowell. He spoke in Chinese and Zhang acted as interpreter.

Here is the interview:

TIME: How does Falun Gong differ from other types of qigong?
Li: There are different practices of qigong in China and in other countries, but they are primarily aimed at healing illnesses or keeping fit and maintaining good health. I am teaching a higher level of qigong. It encompasses a greater content. It is like the Tao, which is known in the Western world.

TIME: And this expresses an inner energy?
Li: You probably know that some people have supernormal capabilities. They are unique capabilities that are created during the course of the cultivation practice. In order to reach a higher level, we require people to reach the perfection or completion of cultivation. In Chinese we call this attaining the Tao.

TIME: In your book [Zhuan Falun] you talk about people levitating off the ground but you say that they should not show other people. Why is that?
Li: It is the same principle that Western gods in paradise should not be seen by ordinary mortals because they cannot understand its meaning.

TIME: Have you seen human beings levitate off the ground?
Li: I have known too many.

TIME: Can you describe any that you have known?
Li: David Copperfield. He can levitate and he did it during performances.

TIME: You have said that this type of qigong should not be used to cure illness. Why is that?
Li: Healing illnesses belongs to the lower level of qigong. A person with an illness cannot practice to a higher level. One has to purify one's body in order to have gong. Healing and fitness are for laying a foundation at a lower level of practice.

TIME: Would you use qigong to cure an illness?
Li: I can do all of this, but I won't do it.
TIME: Why not?
Li: Because I only teach people how to learn this dafa [great law] and to practice cultivation. I only teach the principles of fa to mankind. I won't do anything else.

TIME: What is the final goal?
Li: The ultimate purpose is to enable people to attain the Tao and to complete their cultivation practice. In the end they can free themselves from the worldly state. I know that human lives are not created from the dimension that human beings think they know.

TIME: Why does the master reveal this path to the qigong now?
Li: Mankind has many things that it never knew before. What I can tell you is that human moral values are no longer good. In the course of the cultivation practice, one can upgrade oneself. Many people will be able to complete their cultivation and attain the Tao. There will be some who will not be able to complete cultivation but will become very good people.

TIME: Why did you come to New York?
Li: In China, the government is a centralized government. Because the number of our practitioners is large, the government may feel pressure.

TIME: It is difficult to teach in China?
Li: In China, there are more than 100 million who practice this. The official estimate of the number of practitioners is 60 million. I want to teach people to be good and not to be involved in politics. I told people not to get involved in political events to make sure that they have a very good practice in their environment without interference.

TIME: So why is the Chinese government concerned?
Li: America is a country with democracy. You probably don't understand what it is like in a country that has a centralized government. The Chinese government knows that what I am teaching is good and that I am teaching people to have high moral values. They are only concerned because there are so many people practicing cultivation.

TIME: When did you learn about qigong?
Li: I started to learn when I was four years old. I was very young, and my teachers taught me aspects that were very simple.

TIME: Who were your teachers?
Li: I do not wish to have their names known. I had masters in two schools. Prior to the Cultural Revolution people enjoyed quite a bit of religious freedom. Chinese were quite used to such things. It was like going to church in the West.

TIME: When did you start teaching?
Li: I am more than 40 years old, and I have been practicing qigong for many years. When qigong became popular, I did not come out in the public. I did not want to teach about stopping illnesses or keeping fit.

TIME: What made you finally come out?
Li: When these masters asked me to come out. At the time I said that there were too many people practicing qigong, and I said that I did not want to cure illnesses or to help people keep fit. They said, "What you do will be different. These people who are teaching how to cure illnesses and teaching fitness, are paving the road for your coming out."

TIME: Where were these masters?
Li: They were in the mountains.

TIME: How did the movement spread?
Li: Many people practice qigong in China. They all want to practice it to the higher levels, but no one was teaching them. They all wanted me to teach them. Some people organized the events and applied to the government for approval.

TIME: When did you decide to come to America?
Li: I came here last year, and I started the application the year before that.

TIME: Did you feel you were in danger in China?
Li: The government did not express a clear position, but the security ministries felt that there were too many people practicing. When we tried to hold meetings, they did not approve them because they felt there were too many people.

TIME: What is the wheel that is Falun?
Li: It is a pattern, or a symbol on the surface. What it is inside is much better.

TIME: So it is an idea?
Li: In the West, the spirit is separate from the body. In the East these are things that are very real and concrete.

TIME: You talk about placing the wheel into the body.
Li: I can use my mind to direct and order things to happen.

TIME: Is cultivation achieved through mental effort or physical exercise.
Li: Both are needed.

TIME: What happens after one attains the Tao?
Li: We have all heard about the Chinese deities. When one completes cultivation, one has special powers.

TIME: Can qigong prevent death?
Li: In the West, one can reach paradise through cultivation practice after death. In the East, one can achieve a divine status through cultivation practice while one is still alive.

TIME: You talk about the period of the end of Dharma.
Li: While Buddha Sakyamuni [563-483 B.C.] was teaching his Dharma, there was no written language so the Dharma was passed by word of mouth. After 500 years, human discourse changed Buddha Sakyamuni's original words and it came to an end. The ending of the Dharma means that the cultivation method began to become chaotic and could no longer enable people to practice cultivation.

TIME: Why does chaos reign now?
Li: Of course there is not just one reason. The biggest cause of society's change today is that people no longer believe in orthodox religion. They go to church, but they no longer believe in God. They feel free to do anything. The second reason is that since the beginning of this century, aliens have begun to invade the human mind and its ideology and culture.

TIME: Where do they come from?
Li: The aliens come from other planets. The names that I use for these planets are different . Some are from dimensions that human beings have not yet discovered. The key is how they have corrupted mankind. Everyone knows that from the beginning until now, there has never been a development of culture like today. Although it has been several thousand years, it has never been like now.

The aliens have introduced modern machinery like computers and airplanes. They started by teaching mankind about modern science, so people believe more and more science, and spiritually, they are controlled. Everyone thinks that scientists invent on their own when in fact their inspiration is manipulated by the aliens. In terms of culture and spirit, they already control man. Mankind cannot live without science.

The ultimate purpose is to replace humans. If cloning human beings succeeds, the aliens can officially replace humans. Why does a corpse lie dead, even though it is the same as a living body? The difference is the soul, which is the life of the body. If people reproduce a human person, the gods in heaven will not give its body a human soul. The aliens will take that opportunity to replace the human soul and by doing so they will enter earth and become earthlings.

When such people grow up, they will help replace humans with aliens. They will produce more and more clones. There will no longer be humans reproduced by humans. They will act like humans, but they will introduce legislation to stop human reproduction.

TIME: Are you a human being?
Li: You can think of me as a human being.

TIME: Are you from earth?
Li: I don't wish to talk about myself at a higher level. People wouldn't understand it.

TIME: What are the aliens after?
Li: The aliens use many methods to keep people from freeing themselves from manipulation. They make earthlings have wars and conflicts, and develop weapons using science, which makes mankind more dependent on advanced science and technology. In this way, the aliens will be able to introduce their stuff and make the preparations for replacing human beings. The military industry leads other industries such as computers and electronics.

TIME: But what is the alien purpose?
Li: The human body is the most perfect in the universe. It is the most perfect form. The aliens want the human body.

TIME: What do aliens look like?
Li: Some look similar to human beings. U.S. technology has already detected some aliens. The difference between aliens can be quite enormous.

TIME: Can you describe it?
Li: You don't want to have that kind of thought in your mind.

TIME: Describe them anyway.
Li: One type looks like a human, but has a nose that is made of bone. Others look like ghosts. At first they thought that I was trying to help them. Now they now that I am sweeping them away.,

TIME: How do you see the future?
Li: Future human society is quite terrifying. If aliens are not to replace human beings, society will destroy itself on its own. Industry is creating invisible air pollution. The microparticles in the air harm human beings. The abnormality in the climate today is caused by that [pollution], and it cannot be remedied by humans alone. The drinking water is polluted. No matter how we try to purify it, it cannot return to its original purity. Modern science cannot determine the extent of the damage. The food we eat is the product of fertilized soil. The meat we eat is affected. I can foresee a future when human limbs become deformed, the body's joints won't move and internal organs will become dysfunctional. Modern science hasn't realized this yet.

At the beginning you asked why I did such things. I only tell practitioners, but not the public because they cannot comprehend it. I am trying to save those people who can return to a high level and to a high moral level. Modern science does not understand this, so governments can do nothing. The only person in the entire world who knows this is myself alone.

I am not against the public knowing, but I am teaching practitioners. Even though the public knows, it cannot do anything about it. People can't free themselves from science and from their concepts. I am not against science. I am only telling mankind the truth. I drive a car. I also live in the environment. Don't believe that I am against science. But I know that modern science is destroying mankind. Aliens have already constructed a layer of cells in human beings. The development of computers dictates this layer of body cells to control human culture and spirituality and in the end to replace human beings.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I suggest www.falundafa.org to find out more about falundafa. An excerpt from the simplified Chinese edition of the site:

However, the English version did not make mention of these points but instead points one towards the "human rights violations in China". This goes very much against the principle of FLG in finding your own fault when you face adversity. In any case, the legal situation in China has been improving and if FLG feels that an injustice has been done towards them, they are free to pursue legal actions. But then again, the FLG practitioners in China have terrorist tendencies - they hijacked radio stations, they threatened local government offices into getting rid of their oppositions etc.

Edit: No posting in foreign languages

[edit on 3-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

FLG is more extreme now.

I remember i mentioned something about FLG sued 2 top chinese language newspapers in the USA. although the newspapers won the court battles, they paied over one million dollars for the lawyers! (one of the lawyer won the NYT vs Defence Department(?) lawsuit near the end of vietnam war) what did the FLG pay? next to nothing! the lawyers for FLG were FLG followers who ONLY accept FLG law suits.

FLG used this method to keep media quiet. one of my favorite website got shut down a few weeks ago simply because FLG threatened the host with lawsuits.

FLG also has the technology edge over other websites. FLG owns two programs to help chinese surf CCP banned websites from mainland china. FLG's programs are banning all the websites not in favor of FLG. one of which i visit very often.

what else? a few weeks ago they launched a campaign to overthrow CCP(at least a media campaign).they called CCP members to leave the party now or else. they also have their members spreading rumors and so called "prophecies". just like what the Yellow Turbans and White Lotus did.

there are reports that FLG recived lots money from DPP( taiwan's current ruling party 民進黨).

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
That way you can get everyone so worked up over the evil group, they won't even notice what else you are doing.

And as an added bonus, you have a built-in scapegoat for anything that goes wrong.

It's a shame that many Western governments are starting, or should I say, continuing to do this as well. Which brings me to my next question: Where are we going...and why are we in this handbasket?

On an amusing side-note, it seems Mr Joe Chino Esquire's command of the English language has unexpectedly improved by a vast amount. Or was that post at the top of this page simply a huge cut and paste, void of additional comment and/or credit to the original author? Or perhaps that passage was passed around amongst the agents with an added, "This one'll get 'em, use this!"

"Mmm...curiouser and curiouser. Just how deep does the plagiarism rabbit-hole go, Alice?"

"It goes as deep as chinahistoryforum.com, 8th post down, Mr. Wecomeinpeace!"

EDIT: Wow, I post this and come back to see masses of spammed quotes filling up the thread, and a whole bunch of Chinese. A friendly warning, Joe. Spamming huge quotes (kindly waived by the staff for sites blocked in China), not linking to sources, posting in languages other than English, and circumventing the censors, all of which you have done, is against the Terms of Service for this site. Tsk tsk tsk... :shk:

[edit on 2005-8-3 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The Falun Gong is an ego cult like a popular Heaven's Gate. It's an incredibly dangerous belief, as far as I'm concerned.

In the 1980s and 1990s, the increasing popularity of qigong and related practices led to the establishment of many groups and methods in China and elsewhere which have been viewed in a critical light by more traditional qigong practitioners as well as skeptical outside observers. In this view, a large number of people started studying qigong under inadequate supervision, indeed, perhaps the majority of people today who study qigong study from books or video tapes and DVDs without supervision by a teacher. This can lead to several problems, according to those who view themselves as representative of orthodox schools. Most traditional training takes many years of practice under the supervision of someone who has also learned over years, someone who can guide and prevent the student from taking an unbalanced approach to qigong practice. The theory is that unbalanced circulation of inner energies eventually leads to unbalanced effects on the various systems of the body, both mental and physical. Stories of unguided practitioners developing chronic mental and physical health problems as a result of such training are not uncommon. A common term used by English speaking practitioners for one example of this syndrome is "Qigong Psychosis" (Now included in the DSM-IV Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disorders) as a culture-bound syndrome: Qi-Gong Psychotic Reaction: DSM-IV General Information: Appendix I, Outline for Cultural Formulation and Glossary of Culture-Bound Syndromes). Another function of improper training involves frauds and deliberate charlatans who promote themselves as qigong "healers" promising miracle cures of any conceivable affliction for the right amount of money. Traditionally, qigong is considered more of a health maintenance regimen, and any promises of miracle cures should be viewed with suspicion, according to more conservative practitioners.

This recent popularity has also led to increased attention for quasi-religious groups teaching styles of qigong in an atmosphere of New Age-like spirituality. Qigong has been associated in China with Taoist and Buddhist meditation practices for two thousand years, and this association has recently been exploited, according to traditionalists, by many would be cult leaders. Perhaps the prime example of a group promoting a synthesis of overt religiosity with qigong practice is the Falun Gong group, whose worldwide popularity grew to the point that the People's Republic of China government banned their practice outright in 1999.

Source: Wikipedia

Mental health problems combined with religious overtness = bad.

Here's something more:

weber.ucsd.edu...

[edit on 3-8-2005 by joechino]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It appears that China is ALWAYS demonized these days, by Western Media...

Honestly, if China and FLG were not struggling with each other, Westerners would probably not support FLG in the first place.

The anti-China trend certainly erases common senses...

Li Hong Zhi portrays himself to be an incarnation of Buddha? That's enough evidence that Falun Gong is clearly a cult.

And FLG should not be free, because even though they might not have harmed anyone physically, there are many different ways they affected other: emotionally and psychologically.

Emotionally, they have rallied political hatred and struggling to live against the Chinese government, which definitely is a type of emotional harm.

Psychologically, they have submitted into this cult, and is willing to follow ANY words of the Li Hong Zhi, after realizing that "he is such a merciful master! I submit to him!"

P.S. I have been to China, urban and rural, but I have yet to see anything that resembles what Western world have propagandized about. I guess some Western views still sees Communism as "everything evil".

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
It's a shame that many Western governments are starting, or should I say, continuing to do this as well. Which brings me to my next question: Where are we going...and why are we in this handbasket?

Well, it's always worked in the past, why stop now? That's why they're classics.

As for the handbasket, dunno. I just got in because I heard the NHL hockey dispute would be resolved if I did. Without hockey I can't block out the depressing reality of the state of the world.

I wonder how many of these joe has to post? Is there a set quota?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I wonder how many of these joe has to post? Is there a set quota?

I'm not sure, but all of the stuff he's spamming is only making the case against FLG even weaker. I mean, look at this:

Originally SPAMMED bu joechino
And FLG should not be free, because even though they might not have harmed anyone physically, there are many different ways they affected other: emotionally and psychologically.

Wow! Stand clear everyone. This is obviously a DANGEROUS, MANIACAL DEATH-CULT we are dealing with here. They are affecting people's EMOTIONS for mercy's sake! They must be wiped out immediately! They make the murdering, oppressive CCP look like angels by comparison.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I didn't even bother to read most of it until you quoted that. This is hilarious.

I like this one from a few posts up:

a few weeks ago they launched a campaign to overthrow CCP(at least a media campaign).they called CCP members to leave the party now or else.

Omigod!!! I am part of a plot to overthrow a foreign country's government.

That is just so cool.

I wonder if CSIS (the Canadian one) will come put me under a national security certificate?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Joechino,

I don't know if you're mistakingly using the quote feature instead of the reply feature or you are just quoting without comment.

Please understand that quotes are used to back up arguments or positions and not as an excuse to post other peoples thoughts.

Also, don't post chinese or any other language. Mods can't police what they can't read and mods will assume the worst when they see it.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I decide to quote the ordinary people opinions and the facts from chinahistoryforum.com.I believe the westerns can distinguish the black and white if they can observe it without prejudice impartially. I know CCP is not angels and FLG is not also,even more evil.FLG represents a new extremism. It should not be tolerated nor supported. If the CCP fall to pieces,the ordinary Chinese people never allow FLG to succeed to the authority.Don't be enwrapped in fond desire.
That's just wishful thinking.

Oct

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have understood the level of CCP's training for its agents.

So, I suggest ignoring the agents' pointless posts.

They are just making a living, and are supervised by their leader, maybe they understand what is happening, but they have to work for evil CCP, if they have the chance, they may do as Mr. Chen Yonglin has done.

However, dear agents, as you are not blocked by CCP's censorship, you can know the true situation in the world, and know how CCP has shamelessly defamed Falun Gong. what you are doing now is against your conscience( if you still have a little left), not long you will regret your evil deed.

Remember, good will be awarded, and evil will be punished.

The universe is justice.

Oct

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

If the CCP fall to pieces,the ordinary Chinese people never allow FLG to succeed to the authority.Don't be enwrapped in fond desire.
That's just wishful thinking.

As you wrote this by yourself, I think I'd like to response.

Not all the persons love power like CCP does, Falun Gong practitioners really do not care about politics. Falun gong practitioners will not take over the government after CCP's collapse in the future, this is for sure.

Falun Gong has not political agenda, not policy for the social system.

Although CCP is the most evilest thing in the universe, Falun Gong did not deal with it before the evil persecution. Because what Falun Gong practitioners want are not the things in this material world.

What we want is assimilating to the nature of the universe, to be a good person, a better person.

However, because of the evil nature of CCP, it cannot tolerate 100 million people practicing a belief, which is different from CCP.

Even now, Falun gong practitioners only expose the evil of CCP, also donot care about politics. Because CCP's lies have poisoned many people, and they donot have a clear understanding about Falun Gong, therefore let the whole world know what CCP really is is necessary. After the people know the nature of CCP, CCP's evil lies cannot cheat people any more.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Joechino,

I don't know if you're mistakingly using the quote feature instead of the reply feature or you are just quoting without comment.

Please understand that quotes are used to back up arguments or positions and not as an excuse to post other peoples thoughts.

Also, don't post chinese or any other language. Mods can't police what they can't read and mods will assume the worst when they see it.

I'm so sorry about that.I want to show more real information and our ordianry Chinese people feeling about the topics to all.So I quote someone's post. I know some Chinese is here,I want to tell him what is FLG.Now I know the rules about this forum.I will obey it.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I agree with Oct. I see no evidence that the Falun Gong wants to take over the Chinese government.

They simply want to have the freedom to practice their spirtual beliefs in peace without persecution.

Hopefully the CCP gov't will soon fall and be replaced by a democratic government that grants freedom of religion and assembly to the Chinese people.

Oct

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I know some Chinese is here,I want to tell him what is FLG.

Do you know what you are saying?

CCP spreads the lies it made from time to time all over the media in China and the Chinese media oversea which it can influence. Do you think Chinese people have not been poisoned enough by these evil lies?

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Oct]

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Oct]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join