It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding News Submissions to Vote On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I want to support the ATSNN voting format but these days I only have a little time here - and use it all up trying to find submissions to vote on - and miss all the ones buried on the 2-4th page anyway. ...And don't have enough time to read other stuff or post comments.

...Anyone else have this problem? ...Why is it a bad idea to have a special forum for all the news submissions?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The code is developed to heavily rely on "Forum 1" for all features. Putting submissions into an alternate forum would require significant reprogramming of the news functionality.

Instead, we'll be launching a new tool that allows you to see only submission when viewing the ATSNN Forum.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That sounds like a good idea. I have the same problem, sometimes finding good submissions buried on the third page.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The code is developed to heavily rely on "Forum 1" for all features. Putting submissions into an alternate forum would require significant reprogramming of the news functionality.

Rats. And sorry, didn't realize.

Instead, we'll be launching a new tool that allows you to see only submission when viewing the ATSNN Forum.

Yeah! Thanks. Good work, again. ...Ever have the feeling you're taken completely for granted?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That sounds neat , shall it be long, and will it be rather simple. I can understand where this issue come up the changes are sometimes a little time consuming to get used to. Will this endeavor simplify it to a scan for simplicity.

I mean like a directory or some other form of simple seek and find compilation.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
That sounds neat , shall it be long, and will it be rather simple. I can understand where this issue come up the changes are sometimes a little time consuming to get used to. Will this endeavor simplify it to a scan for simplicity.

I mean like a directory or some other form of simple seek and find compilation.

Huh? No, I think it'll just be a tab you click on and it lists the new submissions for you...

m...

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Huh! No, I think it'll just be a tab you click on and it lists the new submissions for you...

m...

Springer , wow I finally talked to you, thanks for the time ....I understand somewhat , but I imagine I will be more clear when things are out there....I have enjoyed the efforts undertaken to date, this is just a new thing that I will more than likely enjoy as well from how it sounds so far....I look forward to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

That will be nice. I've had many storys moved that have not been voted to move.
I think I still have one story waiting to be moved that is probably a week old.
It is sad to see a story move because it is old and not enough people are voting.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

That will be nice. I've had many storys moved that have not been voted to move.
I think I still have one story waiting to be moved that is probably a week old.
It is sad to see a story move because it is old and not enough people are voting.

That is a good point , even in the simple world of the lay person ....it also delays the news when it is in limbo.....News is supposed to happen snappy up to date and in your face you know.

And if they are being moved around alot how is that achieved, if you have to search peice by peice to find things of interest then the news has lost its value due to age.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

join