It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Attack On Friday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ok, I am looking for a consensus here.
I have been talking to a number of people around the world and the general feeling is that many people will be surprised if there is not at least an attempt to launch a terror attack in Rome on Friday.
Yes the security will be beefed up but think of it from thier twisted viewpoint.
1) OBL and his group have repeatedly stated that the Roman Catholics are primary targets.
2) All the Heads of State that will be in attendance.
3) the 100's of thousands of christian targets
4) the media coverage that such an attack would engender.

To me and many others, the funeral on Friday may prove too tempting of a target for OBL et. al. to pass up. The do not neccessarily have to use car bombs etc, a shoulder launched missile or other such weapons would probably server thier purposes perfectly and this type of weapon is nearly immpossible to avert due to the fact that they can be lauched up to a couple of miles away and the time it would take for it to arrive at it's target is so short that security forces would not be able to intercept.
Thoughts anybody?

Examples:
Vatican Gridlocked as Hordes Rush in to Mourn Pope

10,000 police to guard VIPs and pilgrims

With the problems that the police are already having, don't you think that it will be even more chaotic on Friday?

[edit on 5-4-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Thoughts anybody?

I have a thought...why is this in Other Current Events?

Sanc'.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This posting was not an attempt to make a prediction. It was origionally placed in the Current Events since it is dealing with the death of the pope as well as terrorist activity. I am looking to see if there were any other people (non-psychic) who were of the same thought train.
Sorry, if I did not make that clear.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

1) OBL and his group have repeatedly stated that the Roman Catholics are primary targets.
2) All the Heads of State that will be in attendance.
3) the 100's of thousands of christian targets
4) the media coverage that such an attack would engender.

you missed massive amounts of security, thousands of police, lots of guns and the knowledge that anyone who wants to attacks won't get very far alive.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
UK Wizard,

you missed massive amounts of security, thousands of police, lots of guns and the knowledge that anyone who wants to attacks won't get very far alive.

I did mention the fact that there would be heavy security, but I also gave a suggestion of how they may actually launch an attack by the use of a shoulder-fired missle.
Another thing though, these terrorists really do not care if they were caught or not. As long as their leaders teach them that if they die while fighting the infedels, that they will go to Allah and get the virgins. So they really would not care if they got away or not. They may even want to be "caught" as it would be a way for them to reach the treasures promised to them

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I did mention the fact that there would be heavy security,

Oops, sorry

but I also gave a suggestion of how they may actually launch an attack by the use of a shoulder-fired missle.

Wouldn't they need line of sight, and to be fairly near.

So they really would not care if they got away or not. They may even want to be "caught" as it would be a way for them to reach the treasures promised to them

But I bet the secruity staff will be on high alert so if they see anything slighty non-normal they will reaction with force and speed, the terrorist can't commit terrorism if he's dead.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With a missile being fired in the right direction, accuracy would not need to be a big part as it would still kill many many people with just the blast, then add to the panic that it would engender and the subsequent rush to flee would kill even more.
The attack in of itself would be what they are looking for as they want the media coverage to get another 15 minutes in the lime light to show the world how right they are and how everyone else is wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OK, I to agree with this. If you wanted to create a true "Holy War" now would be the time. With all the people coming to see the pope it would be almost impossible to make this a safe place. Just think, one suicide bomber would make the impact to ignite the world in a true "Holy War" Muslims vs catholics.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
if it happenes it happens.

heres the deal with terrorism now a days

it not a matter of "if" its a matter of "when."

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think an attack will happen. Planning will need to be done and people brought into place. If one did happen it would unite the world against OBL!

Roper

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There has already been terror cells identified as operating in Europe. So they already have the people in place. As for weapons, well, they are fairly easy to get ahold of. so it would not take too much planning.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There have been tons of great opportunites for another attack in just about every country across the globe, but how many have actually gone down? Not a whole lot save for the daily carbombs in Iraq. I honestly think the terrorists have already accomplished a massive goal by setting their opponents on a course of war and atrocities with a side dish of infighting among their supposed alies. All they have to do now is sit back and watch it all fall apart, so why stick their necks out again and risk getting caught red handed?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Short Answer: No. Here is why:

1.) Not enough time to plan an attack.

2.) Nobody would tolerate it. If OBL launched an attack, that would result in many nations invading Waziristan, wherever that is, in order to compensate for the lack of troops that the U.S has, and they will murder him off right then and there. Launching an attack during a papal funeral would be the same as launching a christmas day attack.

3.) How the hell would he try and pull one off? Not enough time and too difficult.

4.) How come nobody bothered to predict 9/11 on these forums or among the psychics? Where were you then when people needed you?

new topics

top topics

join