It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Complains About Volunteers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
TOMBSTONE, Ariz. - Volunteers who have converged on the Mexican border to watch for illegal immigrants are disrupting U.S. Border Patrol operations by unwittingly tripping sensors that alert agents to possible intruders, an agency spokesman complained Monday.

Scores of participants in the Minuteman Project began assembling late last week and planned to begin regular patrols on Monday, in an exercise some law enforcement authorities and civil rights groups fear will result in vigilante violence. Many of the volunteers were recruited over the Internet, and some planned to be armed.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050405/ap_on_re_us/border_volunteers_4

This begs the question, if a few "minutemen" can trip the sensors then what about the 200,000 per month that cross the border per month in the same area? Violence will happen since M13 has been sent along with mexican troops to "enforce" the illegal crossings. Where's my 50 cal sniper rife?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, gee...
we've got all these volunteers at our borders, willing to help keep the terrorists (well, the mexicans also) out of the country....
seems to me, if Bush was intelligent, he'd have the Border patrol meet with them and offer some training, teach them not to trip the sensors, maybe the two groups could coordinate their activities and the border could be safe!!!!

But, then well, who would work for such low wages, right....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
Well, gee...
we've got all these volunteers at our borders, willing to help keep the terrorists (well, the mexicans also) out of the country....
seems to me, if Bush was intelligent, he'd have the Border patrol meet with them and offer some training, teach them not to trip the sensors, maybe the two groups could coordinate their activities and the border could be safe!!!!

But, then well, who would work for such low wages, right....

Bush doesn't want them there. Niether does the governor. nor the Border Patrol. The citizens of the area are pretty indifferent.

What's needed is more Border Patrol agents, who have the same training and have gotten the same briefings and are on the same page about how to handle these people.

Think about it: Why don't your local police welcome and invite militias to come in and set up camp? The reason is because they're NOT on the same page with law enforcement and they don't have the same training and they tend to fly off the handle. I don't know if you've lived in an area with any of these militias, but I have relatives who did live in a Klan controlled area.

The Klan spent most of their time shooting at each other. It was hardly safe. They were grateful when the police came in and arrested (on various gun charges) these idiots (who then stood up, proclaimed themseves patriots in the same language as the militias do, and made it a "they're taking away our GUNZ!!" issue.)

I see from recent news items that they're still at it, too:
www.wfmynews2.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
so, I believe that Bush is now sending border patrol agents down there???
did he do this before or after these groups starting showing up to do it for them?
I can't help but think it was after, when a large enough portion of the people decided it was important enough to them to drop everything and go there and do the jobs themselves.

I won't deny it could become dangerous....which, well, is why I suggest the border patrol join up with them and start coordinating some.....in the least, it will give them some idea of who they are, and well, what to expect from them....it will also give the groups an idea of just how and where they would be the most help.

At the most, it will give the border patrol a few more hands and eyes, maybe save some tax dollars, and well, maybe it would help with the immigration problem.

In WW2 they used civilians to help keep the borders safe.....of course that was a REAL WAR...and our government felt honest concern for our borders safety....I have some doubt if these civilians carried guns, but they very well may have...just don't know.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
News reports are also noting that since the Minutemen militia showed up, that MORE illegals are getting across the border now:
www.dailystar.com...

Someone here in one of these threads predicted this would happen.

I think (from that article above) that Bush had planned on sending agents before this. You don't just round up people and say, "hey! you go out there!" -- PARTICULARLY when (as that newspaper story says) they're going into the hottest, dryest area of the US. Being on foot out there can be dangerous (heat stroke and so forth.)

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
News reports are also noting that since the Minutemen militia showed up, that MORE illegals are getting across the border now:
www.dailystar.com...

The story that is up now says nothing about more illegals entering at this time. All I see is additional border agents have been assigned.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
www.dailystar.com...

Well that article only mentions an increase in agents. It doesn't touch the number of immigrants that are seen or apprehended. If there is an increase in numbers, it's only because there are people out there counting them now.

The same logic would say that I never saw ants in my front yard, but since my kids went out there and started looking, we've found dozens of them. It it possible that my kids observation is attracting more ants? Or is it a case of no one noticed before because they weren't looking close enough. Finding more immigrants would be a sure sign that the Minuteman project is working.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks dbates there for a minute I thought my eyes had gone bad; even after reading it three times

Me thinks some others are only trying to imply that is the case, which is not. We do seem to have a lot of supporters for those illegals running around here ya know.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Dr. Horacid made a good point reguarding the sensors...a very good point.

If these sensors are so sensitive then why haven't more illegals been caught coming over?

The article reguarding Bush sending more help to the Border Patrol came out AFTER so much attention was being given to the Volunteers from Tombstone and other areas.

Thing is, people, from what i'm noticing...the Powers That Be really could care less about culling the flow of illegals. They pay it lip service...but if they really cared, it would have been considered a priority long before now.

In fact, i wouldn't put it past Bush and Fox to be turning a blind eye to a lot of this...all part of their NAFTA you know...free trade is exactly what they are involved in...why become legal if you get the same benifits whether you are or you aren't.

I've said this before and i'll say it again...turn the tables and let a bunch of Americans start flooding into Mexico, sending the money they make home, and i can guarentee you...if you got across the border ALIVE you would be lucky.

Only in America, folks...ONLY IN AMERICA.

~oracle~

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oracle
Dr. Horacid made a good point reguarding the sensors...a very good point.

If these sensors are so sensitive then why haven't more illegals been caught coming over?

The answer is real simple they do not have enough BP agents as they should have. Supposidly they are 2,000 short.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I realize that...maybe if they sent back the ones that were assigned to Iraq to train their border patrol agents...

usinfo.state.gov.../wf-latest.html

it might help, some...but i doubt it.

If so many agents notice that the sensors are being tripped by the Minute Men patrols...why haven't they said something sooner about the illegals tripping them...think it might be possible that the illegals somehow know WHERE the sensors are???....compaired to the MMpatrols who don't?

just tossing that idea out there....

~oracle

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Oracle]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I love how the mexican goverment wants to get americans that break US laws, but not mexicans, for breaking into the US.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oracle
I realize that...maybe if they sent back the ones that were assigned to Iraq to train their border patrol agents...

usinfo.state.gov.../wf-latest.html

it might help, some...but i doubt it.

If so many agents notice that the sensors are being tripped by the Minute Men patrols...why haven't they said something sooner about the illegals tripping them...think it might be possible that the illegals somehow know WHERE the sensors are???....compaired to the MMpatrols who don't?

just tossing that idea out there....

~oracle

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Oracle]

Would you be suggesting that our Border Patrol is corrupt or has been comprimised? Why....that's just not possible......

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
strange about these so called sensors they didnt do much to stop anything but now are all the sudden getting triped by the minute men? come on!

its clear something is going on here when the united states puts presure on canada about their border but does jack for the one along mexico.

whats really going on here?

top topics

join