It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what type of government will be used when we live on mars???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i was just wondering what type of government will be used WHEN humans start to live on mars...

lets say, that the entire planet is full of humans...

will there be a "president of the world"???

will there be different countries???

any ideas anyone???

thanks...

[edit on 5-4-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We'd probably have gone past the concept of countries by the time full scale colonisation occurs, probably a democracy.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i think that there will be countries for at least say 200 years.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Assuming our species lives long enough to colonize mars, I would assume it would go much the same as "the new world" went here on Earth.

So if the US colonized Mars it would be run by the American government until the people of Mars decided it wanted independence.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I suspect that the governance of any colonies will be dependant on how the colonies get there. If thru things like nasa or any government agency, then it will be similar to how civil governments are. If, on the other hand, its by private initiatives, or dependant on them, then companies may be granted charters and the like, as with the John Company or and of the British Companies that administered overseas colonies.

Newt Gingrich apparently wrote some legislation on how a space colony can become a state. However, I don't recall if this was something he did as a politician and that was considered by congress, or something that he wrote as a student.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
thanks for the info...

i think that it would be a colony or something like this...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Interesting thread, i would probably say that it would go the same way as the US did after british rule but probably not in such a violent manner, after that we may get to the point where we just consider ourselves to be human and there are no countries whatsoever. The latter obviously being much better for us but unfortuately it will probably either take 1000s of years or we will need some alien race to unite against.

top topics

join