It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby subject in chit-chat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What do you do when you aren't working, or in school, or sleeping, or,
of course spending time here, on the boards?

After all the above, there must be PLENTY of time to pursue other interests!..

Maybe you have a hobby?

Building model planes, knitting an afghan, collecting stamps, rasing tropical fish..Whatever..
I would like to see a subject under chit-chat, for people to show off their hobbies.

I have a couple myself.
One is photography, another is metal detecting (my newest one)
and third, is rockhounding. (I can actually pursue all of these at the same time too!)

I found a place to post my pics, in a thread started by EnronOutrunHomerun.
I really enjoy posting there, and checking out other peoples photographic skills.
You can see that thread here www.belowtopsecret.com...

There are a couple of other forums that allow for some types of hobbies as well.

But I think it would be pretty cool to see what others are up to..

Show me your Salt-n-Pepper shaker collection! or Your baseball cards...

Anyone else like this idea?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I paint, crochet, cross-stitch and knit. Oh and I also make jewelry.

Painting Pics here
www.paintedwithglee.com...

Other stuff I made, knit/cross-stitch and crochet here:
album

I haven't taken pictures of any of my jewelry yet, seems as soon as I make them, someone comes and claims it and I never get the chance to snap a pic.

I also play golf alot now, basically every weekend. I can keep up and have even beaten the guys

[edit on 4-5-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Art of course...
home.tampabay.rr.com...

But I love good old fashioned pen and paper RPG games...(though I don't get to play them much).

I also like calling up our friends (other couples) and getting together for some dinner and boardgames, renting some movies, going out bowling (which we all suck at), etc.

We also like doing mystery dinners (mostly for surprise birthday parties), even writing our own. I've written a Harry Potter one for one friend, and we all dressed up like Hogwart's faculty, etc. (I'm Chris, btw)...

home.tampabay.rr.com...

Also did a Star Trek one before...(boxed mystery)

home.tampabay.rr.com...

And a Luau one (which I haven't made a page for yet) (boxed mystery)

I'm currently writing a Star Wars one for another friend's b-day party. And, we've got at least a couple more boxed ones to do sometime....

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Gonna bump, just as I'm not sure how much longer I'll leave this info here...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Nice! I knew it! There IS time left in the day, for other things.

Worldwatcher, Those are beautiful, I' particulalry fond of those Christmas ornaments...And the serving trays. You should post some jewelry pics, just so YOU can remember them

Gazrok,
Your sketches, Ive seen those posted before. How long does one of those take to complete? You definitely have talent.

The "rooms revenge" drawing freaks me out a little...IT reminds me of a dream I used to have as a kid, except it was the kitchen!
Kind if an "attack of the junk drawer" LOL

So do you two think it would be worthwhile to create a seperate hobby forum? Sort of like the Member Art forum?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Gonna bump, just as I'm not sure how much longer I'll leave this info here...

Hehe, (on the parties) liked the Hogwarts, but the Trek is classic.
Good pics.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Star Wars one I'm writing should be pretty fun... We'll do that one in May. BTW, the trek costumes (mine and my wife's) were rentals, more of a Star Wars fan than a Trekkie, hehe....

I'll have to get the Luau Mystery Dinner page up soon....

By the way, my wife and I did the Harry Potter cake, not too shabby for non-professionals, hehe....(my mom's the pro in that department).

Gazrok,
Your sketches, Ive seen those posted before. How long does one of those take to complete? You definitely have talent.

Thanks! The photo-realistic ones take about 6-9 hours or more. (I work on them off and on). The others usually took about 2-4 hours. Check out the Commissions section (and I give a $10 ATS member discount..
)

The "rooms revenge" drawing freaks me out a little...IT reminds me of a dream I used to have as a kid, except it was the kitchen!
Kind if an "attack of the junk drawer" LOL

For Portfolio I and II (college AP classes while in High School), we needed a series of works with the same theme. I actually have the same room but as a sculpture (minus the old folks from the card game Skipbo, hehe...) So I had about 3 room scupltures and 3 drawings of the rooms. Also did a small store and a bathroom with the same motif. The room in the drawing is the only one I still have though (and needs to be repainted before going up in the gallery). Got a 5 on the classes by the way...

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So do you two think it would be worthwhile to create a seperate hobby forum? Sort of like the Member Art forum?

We kind of have the "Members" forum which pretty much suffices. Instead, maybe create a thread there about it...???

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, what do I WANT to do? Or what can I actually find the time and money to do?

What I used to do before the wife and kid:
- Mountain Biking fool, insane with it really
- B-Ball daily after work
- Sleep
- Long time ago I amassed quite a Star Wars collection.

What do I do now with the responsibilities of a family?
- Play online video games for about an hour or two before I go to sleep. Mind you, I dont get time for this, I sacrifice sleep for it. And if it wasnt for PC games, id have nothing but work and diapers.

top topics

join