It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment you can do at home!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
thats sounds like a cool project i should get one of my friends vid carmera's and do it, because one of my friends camera is didgetal and i might be able to put it up here

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
ok here's some clips from my back yard.

UFO at the end of clip

UFO

bug I saw fly by

Hope these work

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Your second video entitled "UFO" didn't work.

But the clip you had of the bug looked kind of sped up, and there was a light in that one that looked just like the "ufo" from your first clip.

Regarding the particles floating around, these can clearly be seen with the naked eye, I've always assumed them to be dust. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for the Video and I'll have to do it some time when I get a cam.

Although there was a "UFO" sighting just a few miles from here Where a guy was videotaping a air show and was reviewing it, then saw something fly by very fast...faster than any airplane could ever go. It was black and was like a cylinder with cones on the end

It was all over the news.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i havnt viewed any of the video or saw any photographs of this said event, but i have a question, err example to use.

when i look at a light source, like a light buld, and squint i can see little "particles" falling in the light. im not sure if this is the same as what you are saying.

is this close?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
i havnt viewed any of the video or saw any photographs of this said event, but i have a question, err example to use.

when i look at a light source, like a light buld, and squint i can see little "particles" falling in the light. im not sure if this is the same as what you are saying.

is this close?

I think what you're talking about is residual adaptation. You know when you look at a light source and you see spots? Well, those are the spots you see, your eye is just adapting before you even close it. When you close your eye, you should see a spectrum of colors usually starting with the negative of the color you were using.

Ok, I'm absolutely positive that I have to find a way to get my clips up on the net. These particles aren't visible by the naked eye... I've been sitting outside, watching the sky and recording it for a total of about forty hours over the course of a few months. Granted you can see bugs and dust with the naked eye, these "particles" were not visible... I don't have perfect vision but I'm not blind...
-S

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
has anyone tried two (or more) cameras focusing near the same area and comparing the footage ?

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have a camera with me now. I'll try to figure out how to get the images onto the computer. I'm going to do this experiment, and when I see more, I'll get back to you.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

I recently did a google search looking for more on this subject, and this is all I found. Looks alot like a UFO, but it really could just be by chance.

Oh, and this image is from NASA so it's definitly not been altered to show a UFO.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the videos I have were taken at about 2 pm. I only filmed less than 2 minutes, these weren't even the good parts. I was trying to get a clip off of windows movie maker but it seems to break it into clips on its own. Some of the other ones also show my backyard which I don't want to show. I'll try to get some better videos up in a few days, also try to rig up some tripod thing.

The videos were taken on a Fuji E550 digital camera. It's not even a video camera so who knows...

I think it's a good Idea to try other cameras. Wonder if it's just a digital thing, kinda like the dust orbs.

IMO, i don't think the white ones are bugs. A bug flying in front of the sun should cast a shadow and look dark.....

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not to be a spoiler, but I'm pretty sure it's dust. If you get near a window that has the sun shining through it and then move back so you cannot see the sun (so the sun is blocked by the wall above the window) and then relax your eyes as if you are looking at someone's aura, you can see them flying around.

www.sgha.net...

UV light from your camera's flash illuminates the dust and is then recorded by the camera's CCD. The same phenomena can occur in NightShot video, except this time is light from the IR emitter bouncing off the airborne particles.

This should apply likewise for the video camera, only backwards since the light source is comming from behind; the sun.

_df

[edit on 13-4-2005 by DarkFlame]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
has anyone tried two (or more) cameras focusing near the same area and comparing the footage ?

Just a thought.

Good idea! That's an intersting control. I'll rent another camera tomorrow and test it. Nice control, I'm sure the data will prove relevant. If only one of us was a science/photo gard...
-S

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Find a spot with complete darkness. No light whatsoever. Take a roll full of film, and have it developed.

Go ahead and do it. Don't be scared of the dark. It is not the dark that is the weird part. Say hello to all those spirits!!!

OH YES-DEFINITELY NO FLASH. THEY DON'T LIKE THAT

[edit on 15-4-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join