It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Nebraska?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Say Titor is right, why would the new U.S. Capitol be in Nebraska?

And isn't it odd that the 2nd richest man in the U.S. just happens to live there. He could have moved yet he didn't. Perhaps he knows something.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm sure the 2nd richest man in the U.S. (whoever he may be) has places all over the country. He probably just has a home in Nebraska. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

(Isn't the second richest man in the U.S. Donald Trump?)

-Chris

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i guess that guy (or girl) who started the titor hoax toyed with the theory that civil wars , terror and nukes would have catastrophic disruptive consequences for the densily populated big cities like la and new york and the coastal regions and that the outback would remain relatively unharmed.

But actually, I think its more than one guy that started the hoax, because of the broad early adoption and endorsement by paranormal sites of the titor thing, I think some boardadmins of the same webring must be in on it. After creating the synchronized initial fuzz, the hype started perputuate itselve.....

Many of the posted titor chatlogs, read like a scripted interview, with a pitcher and a catcher...

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenus
i guess that guy (or girl) who started the titor hoax toyed with the theory that civil wars , terror and nukes would have catastrophic disruptive consequences for the densily populated big cities like la and new york and the coastal regions and that the outback would remain relatively unharmed.

But actually, I think its more than one guy that started the hoax, because of the broad early adoption and endorsement by paranormal sites of the titor thing, I think some boardadmins of the same webring must be in on it. After creating the synchronized initial fuzz, the hype started perputuate itselve.....

Many of the posted titor chatlogs, read like a scripted interview, with a pitcher and a catcher...

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Silenus]

you're probably right, Silenus

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That's possible. Warren Buffett is the 2nd richest.

I just think it's ironic that Nebraska was picked. He could have picked any city. Some small unknown town. But he picked that one. I just think that's ironic.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
because it was in a book that he read, as was the majority of his other ideas. I don't remember the name of the book, but this is where all his information is coming from. John Titor was a fraud!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I find it funny that everyone says he was getting all this information from a book, but no one ever mentions the name of the book.

I am telling you, there is no evidence to prove that John Titor was a hoax or a fraud. I would like to see the look on your face when (if) he turns out to be real, and NYC gets nuked. :|

-Chris

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
maybe nebraska cause the rest of the us has either A) fallen off in to the pacific B) destroyed by some kind of holocaust on the East coast...........so the MIDDLE or kindda middle of the US is all that's left.

angie

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, the traditional location for a capital city in any country is in a relatively central location, for a few reasons I can think of:

1. Minimize traveling time between local governments and the central government.
2. In the event of an invasion, it is not noticeably easier to get to the capital from one particular side of the country.

Washington, DC, was centrally located when the USA was just the original 13 colonies, and we didn't relocate the capital just because we acquired a whole bunch more territory. However, if we were to relocate the capital for some reason, the new location would likely be somewhere central, such as in Nebraska.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
That's possible. Warren Buffett is the 2nd richest.

I just think it's ironic that Nebraska was picked. He could have picked any city. Some small unknown town. But he picked that one. I just think that's ironic.

Warren Buffet "picked" Omaha because he was born there. And the city has 390,000 people.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think that Bill Gates is the richest man in the U.S. I don't know where Donald Trump stands but I don't think he is quite up that far. I think as sminneman said Buffet picked Omaha because he was born there and he is happy there. One of the benefits of being super rich you can stay where you want and people will come to you
Not that I have any personal knowledge of that you understand

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
the book def. has a title, i have seen it a multitude of times even on this website. I find it ironic that people choose to believe someone who claimed something ONLINE after the evidence points in another direction.

No offense if you believe in this but RIDICULOUS! I will find the name of the book.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
FOUND IT!

ALAS BABYLON
by Pat Frank.

Read it and enjoy it, you will see your story written in this book 40 years before John Titor.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Titor goes mainstream again!

en.wikipedia.org...

Alas, Babylon is considered by some to be an inspiration for John Titor's claim of time travel and description of nuclear war in the 2010s.

Where does Titor live? Florida right? In the country.
"The subject deals with the effects of a nuclear war on a small Florida town."
He mentions alot about towns adding "fort" to them right?
"Fort Repose, Florida" is the town.

The capital moves to NE right?
"Early the following morning, Mark is on duty at SAC headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. He suspects an attack is imminent."

John Titor:

I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville.

Alas, Babylon:

.......The local bank manager tries to get instructions from Jacksonville as Jacksonville is destroyed......

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Actually Omaha is mentioned in a lot of "what if scenarios". On the southern edge of the city is Bellvue which is home to Offut Air Force Base, one of the places where Bush landed on September 11. The base used to be the Strategic Air Command which played a big role in the cold war. Had something happened it would have been one of the first few place in the US hit. There is still an immense underground base or communication center there, which is why Bush stopped there. It's not just cornfields here.
It could be that if Titor is/was indeed a fraud he was doing "little" thinking.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Morgan Robertson is to Titanic ??

www.acsu.buffalo.edu...

In 1898, Morgan Robertson wrote a short story called Futility. 14 years later, Titanic hit an iceberg and sank. Check the similarities.

The name of Robertson's ship: Titan
Both were the largest passenger ship ever built.
Both were considered "unsinkable" when they sank in the North Atlantic.
Both struck an iceberg on the starboard side around midnight in April.
Both had too few lifeboats.

Even the technical specs were similiar. (see link)

Conclusion: Similarities between Alas Babylon and Titor prove nothing.

I realize that this link also "debunks" some of this coincidence, but the situation is not dissimilar.

Frank is taking the current world, introducing an event (nuclear war), and then following his logical conclusions through to create a "believeable" story. He is trying to create the most believeable story possible. So why should similarity between Frank's logically devised chain of events and Titor's purportedly real chain of events be such a surprise?

[edit on 10-4-2005 by quango]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Morgan Robertson is to Titanic ??

www.acsu.buffalo.edu...

In 1898, Morgan Robertson wrote a short story called Futility. 14 years later, Titanic hit an iceberg and sank. Check the similarities.

The name of Robertson's ship: Titan
Both were the largest passenger ship ever built.
Both were considered "unsinkable" when they sank in the North Atlantic.
Both struck an iceberg on the starboard side around midnight in April.
Both had too few lifeboats.

Even the technical specs were similiar. (see link)

Conclusion: Similarities between Alas Babylon and Titor prove nothing.

I realize that this link also "debunks" some of this coincidence, but the situation is not dissimilar.

Frank is taking the current world, introducing an event (nuclear war), and then following his logical conclusions through to create a "believeable" story. He is trying to create the most believeable story possible. So why should similarity between Frank's logically devised chain of events and Titor's purportedly real chain of events be such a surprise?

[edit on 10-4-2005 by quango]

You know i may believe that the similarities between Titor and Alas meant nothing, but you see, none of what Titor has laid claim to has come true. Thus, he got it straight from the book. I mean if i read your post alone I would then think that something had to have come true from John Titor, but a quick look at his predictions and at how history has played out has proven quite the contrary. John Titor = Fraud.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
You know i may believe that the similarities between Titor and Alas meant nothing, but you see, none of what Titor has laid claim to has come true. Thus, he got it straight from the book. I mean if i read your post alone I would then think that something had to have come true from John Titor, but a quick look at his predictions and at how history has played out has proven quite the contrary. John Titor = Fraud.

I don't disagree. I'm not coming out one way or the other on Titor.
A lot of what he "predicts" is still to come.
He also gave himself the "timeline is now affected by him revealing what he did" way out.

I just want people to judge the Titor prophecy against itself. (like what you wrote above.) Frankly, I don't feel the Alas, Babylon-Titor connections are that amazing at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
well to me it is kind of offensive, the titor predictions supporters, that is. I say this because John Titor predicted a civil war between the US and you have these people almost rooting for something so sinister. It is very disheartening.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
well to me it is kind of offensive, the titor predictions supporters, that is. I say this because John Titor predicted a civil war between the US and you have these people almost rooting for something so sinister. It is very disheartening.

Well, don't be disheartened.
You have to understand that to them, things have gotten so bad, they see it as a good thing for America. Not the war itself. Nobody is rooting for bloodshed. It's like the American Revolution - they didn't fight it because they wanted a war, they fought because they wanted to be free.

<<   2 >>

join