It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so whats everyone's favorite anime?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Watch some amine with actual substance!

Serial Experiment Lain

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i remembered the name of the gundam show i like it was G Gundam

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My favorite animes of all time are Dragon Ball,Dragon Ball Z,and Dragon Ball GT.That was pretty much the only animes I ever watched.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I like the series because the storyline keeps you in suspense, also its pretty funny sometimes. And they have awesome swords and sword attacks. Also Cowboy Bebop was good also!

This is were you can download all the episodes.
link1

And this site has info on the series
link 2

[edit on 11-4-2005 by blue cell]

[edit on 11-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ill have to say my favorites are ghost in a shell,samurix or ruroni kenshin,samuri jack, and full metal alchemist.but i like most anime

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
I like the series because the storyline keeps you in suspense, also its pretty funny sometimes. And they have awesome swords and sword attacks.

Sweet! I love Bleach. They really need to license it for dubbing though, it's really hard to find in America. I ended up going to Tokyo to find it!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In an obviously sick way I would have to say Hentai episodes are more than entertaining for a cartoon anime.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There are so many series and movies the are anime that I like. Here is like my top ten.
1) Hellsing
2) Spirited Away
3) Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (not for the plot but for the animation)
4)Vampire HUnter D (For the plot and not for the animation)
5) Naruto
6) Wicked City
7) Ninja Scroll
8) Akira
9) Those Who Hunt Elves
10) Berserk

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
In an obviously sick way I would have to say Hentai episodes are more than entertaining for a cartoon anime.

Hentai is entertaining! I like to add my own commentary. My two personal favorites is "Legend of the Overfiend" the first one of the series and "Beast City".

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlynightshade

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Hentai is entertaining! I like to add my own commentary. My two personal favorites is "Legend of the Overfiend" the first one of the series and "Beast City".

I read a critic analysis of your two choices pretty interesting , alot of weird stuff to deal with .....definately not boring material...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'd have to say following:
Cowboy Bepop
Hellsing
Argento Soma (I almost cried when it ended)
Love hina
Vandread
Trigun (Vash is just )
Appleseed (04 movie)
Hanaukyo Maids
Mahoromatic Automatic Maiden

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I'd have to say following:
Cowboy Bepop
Hellsing
Argento Soma (I almost cried when it ended)
Love hina
Vandread
Trigun (Vash is just )
Appleseed (04 movie)
Hanaukyo Maids
Mahoromatic Automatic Maiden

There are actually quite a few anime that made me cry or almost cry. Two the come to mind are "Grave of the Fireflies" and "Jin-Roh".

Anime/cartoons can sometimes be just as sad as real movies. I'll never forget the time I cried at a comic strip of all things. It was an series of "Calvin and Hobbes" about a baby raccoon that he finds in the woods, takes it home, and it dies.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I totally forgot Grave of the fireflies, it was really sad and I think I was weeping in the end. Also Princess Mononoke is a very touching piece also.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My Fav Anime has to be beyond doubt at:
no1 - ROBOTECH - Old as hell but the concepts are just sooo... unbelivable!

No2- GITS( series plus the two movies!) Yes two movies were the best!!

No3- Inu yasha( I got to see only till Eps-104 so I'm stuck with those brothers that NAraku awakens!) I wish they would show the rest or atleast sell them on CD/DVD!! :bnghd: Also they have five movies I've heard!
No4- Wolf's RAin and its OST- so deep I still don't get all parts of it, very complex.
No5- Kenshin/Samurai X[in the US] Who hasn't seen this, simply brilliant sword play! Check out the OVA's Awesome duels!

No6- .Hack//sign and .Hack..-Key of the twilight- This is a simply superb series, very moving.

No7- Cowboybeebop and Trigun -so low for having so few episodes! Still too cool to be forgotten.

no8- Onizua; still great!!

no9- DNA - Funny as hell !

no10 - All the rest of them I've ever watched!!

IAF

[edit on 15-4-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Rurouni kenshin

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
My favorite anime is not a series. Actually, it would have to be a tie...Ghost in the Shell is AWESOME, but then so is Ninja Scroll...And Vampire Hunter D. So far as story goes, I would have to go with Ghost, for action Ninja, and for a fine melding of the two, D. Rock, rock on!

actaully ninja scroll does have a series to it but I've only seen the movie so I don't know if the series is any good. theres also a ghost in the shell series currently being played on c.n.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
For the guy who has only seen up to 104 of Inuyasha, do what I did, pay a frined to burn his copies. Or do what he did and go on ebay and buy them. Got all 167 episodes and 3 movies in original japanese with subtitles, but not needed after about episode 70 cause you pick u on what they are saying and automatically start translating.

I don't cry because of a show/movie, I cry when something I love ends. Why I like wrestling on tv, it never ends. I mean, I love Cowboy Bebop, get really into it, and then it's over and I am lost. Same with TriGun, got all the episodes, watched them, went to put next DvD in, none, NO!!!! Or books, get into a book series, love the characters, and then BAM! series ends. Why I like Grisham, no series, just one book so I expect the ending to come.

Whats Love Hina? What it about? What company makes it? Sounds like something Pink Pineapple would make right next to Rei Rei.(really messed up, friend told me it was like Perfect Blue so I was expecting a little raunchyness, but damn, that movie was just wrong, nothing like Perfect Blue)

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Love Hina is a funny story (in a sad way) of a boy who meets a girl, but only to find out that the world is totally against their relationship. Extremely funny and touching. Cant remember who did it though, but it's very good quality in animation and storytelling.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Lain: Serial Experiments
Trigun
Ghost in the Shell
Getbackers

I just finished "Midori no hibi days" it was fun.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Love Hina is a funny story (in a sad way) of a boy who meets a girl, but only to find out that the world is totally against their relationship. Extremely funny and touching. Cant remember who did it though, but it's very good quality in animation and storytelling.

Love Hina was created by Ken Akamatsu, I have seen every episoid, read all the mangas, saw christmas and spring special, saw all episoids of Love Hina Again, and saw part of the musical thing they had in Japan for it.

Love Hina is about Keitaro Urushima, a 3rd year Ronin (failled entrance exams 3 times) who is trying to get into Tokyo U. Because of a promise he made. Along the way he meets many interesting people, becomes the manager of a girls dormitory, and other hillarious things happen.

The Manga goes MUCH farther than the Series tho...more detail into the plot too.

As you can tell Love Hina is one of my favorite animes heres the list (in no order):

Love Hina - explination up there
Kodomo No Omocha (Kodocha for short) - about a child actress, Sana, in Japan and her life, meeting a boy named Akito, and other funny things that happen
Naruto - about Naruto Uzumaki, a child possesed with the spirit of the Nine Tailed Fox, and his journey to become Hokage
Inuyasha- girl goes back in time, meets Hanyou (half demon), breaks shikon no tama, goes off to find the shards and theres alot more to it
Fruits Basket - girl named Tohru moves in with school 'prince' Yuki Sohma, finds out the Sohma have a family curse, and meets all the Sohmas along the way
Prince of Tennis - Young boy moves home to Japan to play more tennis, being a pro in america for the juniors, about his school and him playing tennis
and there are more.

There are Manga's that I REALLY want to become Animes like:
Paradise Kiss- that was one of the greatest Manga's I've read, only 5 books long tho...and a not so great ending.
and
Rebound - only read number 1 but its pretty good

EDIT: I'm such an anime nerd...

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Reikuro]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join