It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we have been here before...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You know, I have this thought for a while, and decided to run it around in my skull for a while, let me know what y'all think...

We have been here before. Modern humans have been around for what? about 500,000 years? Give or take? I find it odd that only in the past 7-8000 years that we went from banging rocks together to where we are now.

Is it plausable that we (humans) have gone through several cycles of tech-evolution, and in the process either nearly wiping ourselves out or being hit with an earthly or cosmic catastophe. I heard of a study, a while ago, that the growth of the humans race has bottle necked several times throughout history.

What is a bottle neck?? A large population is reduced to a handful and that small group reflourishes the population. The scientists representation was more like the profile of an hour glass, but hey, it was his theory...

This could explain Atlantis, the Mayan calander and the cycles (the decendants being around long enough to notice the "cosmic" patterns).

Hey, maybe the grey aliens are actually are human that evolved in space, from one of our earliest cycles??

Just think... being generous and giving ourselves 10,000 for tech-advancement, that would still be about 50 cycles. Could you imagine what could be accomplished with 20-30,000 years of tech-evolution.

Them be me thoughts...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It is possible that their have been a few cycles.

I believe the Aztecs had a legend that this is the third advancement of humans.

It is an interesting thing to think about.

I like your theorie that the greys are the evolution of an early cycle, in space.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This theory of yours or whoever's it is quite a good theory. This is very possible but wouldn't remains of certain things from such an advanced group of people be very high quality and should last through all of the years that it has been around. So ask yourself this question. If we were so advanced thousands of years ago, why havent we found any godly materials that would prove their existance.
Peace
Marius

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marius
This theory of yours or whoever's it is quite a good theory. This is very possible but wouldn't remains of certain things from such an advanced group of people be very high quality and should last through all of the years that it has been around. So ask yourself this question. If we were so advanced thousands of years ago, why havent we found any godly materials that would prove their existance.
Peace
Marius

The Theory that i have is simple, We haven't dug deep enough in the right spot to find anything. Every day there are particles from space landing on the earth, Space Dust. That and wind and erousion from other areas would over time cover up anything. There are Ruins in Egypt that are over 30 feet down. I belive they are around 3000 to 5000 years old(please correct me if i am wrong on this). So if you where to use this scale they could be over 125 below the surface of the earth. granted i'm not sure of the PSI that the ruines or artafacts would be under, but i belive it would be great.

Look at how far down some Dino bones are.

All most eeverything will decompose after a while. Do you think that a CD you had to day would last 3000, or evan 20,000 years. Evean most metels will rust or oxidize into nothing ness after so long.

But i think the biggest problem is finding a site that would likely have what we are looking for. A single grain of sand in a 50 pound bag....

Zintac

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've heard this theory before. As far as artifacts go, it's easy to speculate that any site or piece of advanced equipment would eventually be discovered by those in power (governments or military establishments) and they would want to take it and hide it's existence for their own benefit. They could invent fake stories if it was a public event.

If dirty tactics are used, people could disappear if they talked or they could be threatened if they ever did (in the name of national security). It might take decades or lifetimes of study to try to back engineer something really advanced but we wouldn't even know about it. Well, we might hear stories of coverups but without evidence, the public could laugh it off.

The only way for officials in power not to discover something would be to keep it secret. Thus we the public wouldn't know either way unless we happened to find something ourselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I believe this theory is a very logical theory. I believe that human existance goes beyond 500,000 years and maybe to a billion. How are we supposed to know? I think one of the most fascination "anomolys" is the human handprint that's dated 100 million years ago. I belive that ancient civilizations existied way before Atlantis and Mu. I think North/South Pole could hold some clues buried beneath the ice. You know, before the ice age, there could've been thriving civilizations there. But who knows, IMO everything is a cycle, we are all apart of the cycle that is the universe.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Its not a logical theory. There is no evidence

As for not digging far enough, mines go down for hundreds of meters and are dotted all over the world. If there was some long buried civilisation then we would have found some of it by now.

Humans have never been so advanced as they are now. If we had then there would be relics.

Also why would the government keep these things a secret? What would they gain?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
"A Canticle for Leibowitz" =... A Sci-Fi Classic = Peep-Worthy.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by GrandMasterN]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

As for not digging far enough, mines go down for hundreds of meters and are dotted all over the world. If there was some long buried civilisation then we would have found some of it by now.

Humans have never been so advanced as they are now. If we had then there would be relics.

Actually it is quite logical. Take Einsteins E=mc2... a very logical formula but just because there was no evidence (until the a-bomb) does not mean that it was not true.

As for digging, your idea of "because we've dug so many mines we should have found something??" Earth is a big place my friend, it would be like sticking yourself with an extra thin, short hyperdermic needle in attempts to commit suicide (just the sticking part, not injecting).

This is just another thought...if every cyle ended with a major Earth shattering catastrophe (2012), would there really be anything left for us to find??

What about the possablitly of being purposfully knocked back so we do not become as powerful as we could or should, just out of fear knowing humans potential, or out of mercy, knowing humans potential

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

menjo
Is it plausable that we (humans) have gone through several cycles of tech-evolution, and in the process either nearly wiping ourselves out or being hit with an earthly or cosmic catastophe.

Possible? Yes. Does the evidence support it? No, the evidence rather refutes the idea. So is it probable? No, its not very probable at all.

I heard of a study, a while ago, that the growth of the humans race has bottle necked several times throughout history.

There was one great bottle-neck a very long time ago, apparently it occured while the species was still in africa. It may have been related to deforestation/desertification and the like.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi,

Not only do I support this idea, but I also have a peice of advice for most.

Firstly you can check this off: The oldest artifact of civilisation has been found in the Gulf of Cambay, India.

www.spiritofmaat.com...

As the above article will make clear, that all we have today apart from discoveries, are theories. And one new discovery can put a complete thoery or a whole group of archeologists propagating a theory into question.

Apart from that, even our current understanding of space time is not perfect. There is no proof howsoever telling the age of earth, or the universe itself. Everyday new theories and concepts evolve, which may or may not be true, but we tend to stick to the ones that suite us.
For example, a theory like Inverse Hollow Earth Theory found a good number of followers... rather it turned into a religion

Now we know how stupid the followers had been.
There are theories claiming that the speed of light, intially during the birth of universe was far greater than its current of 2.8*10^8 mtr/sec, hence putting the age of universe even lesser.

Excerpt from www.stephen-knapp.com...

Vedic conception of universal time is divided into different periods. For example, a period called one day of Brahma is equivalent to 4,320,000,000 of our years on earth. Brahma's night is equally as long and there are 360 of such days and nights in one year of Brahma. Each day of Brahma is divided into one thousand cycles of four yugas, namely Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga, and finally the Kali-yuga, which is the yuga we are presently experiencing. Satya-yuga lasts 1,728,000 years, and is an age of purity when all residents live very long lives and can be fully developed in spiritual understanding and mystical abilities and remarkable powers. Some of these abilities, or mystic siddhis, include changing one's shape, becoming very large or microscopically small, becoming very heavy or even weightless, securing any desirable thing, becoming free of all desires, or even flying through the sky to wherever one wanted to go on one's own volition. So at that time, the need for mechanical flying machines was not necessary.

As the yugas continued, the purity of the people, along with their mystical abilities, decreased by 25% in each age. The age of Treta-yuga lasts 1,296,000 years. During that age, the minds of humanity became more dense, and the ability for understanding the higher spiritual principles of the Vedic path was also more difficult. Naturally, the ability to fly through the sky by one's own power was lost. After Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga lasts 864,000 years, and Kali-yuga lasts 432,000 years, of which 5,000 have now already passed. At the end of Kali-yuga, the age of Satya-yuga starts again and the yugas continue through another cycle. One thousand such cycles is one day of Brahma. Now that we are in Kali-yuga, almost all spiritual understanding disappears, and whatever mystical abilities that remain are almost insignificant.

It is explained that it was not until the beginning of Treta-yuga that the development of vimanas took place. In fact, Lord Brahma, the chief demigod and engineer of the universe, is said to have developed several vimanas for some of the other demigods. These were in various natural shapes that incorporated the use of wings, such as peacocks, eagles, swans, etc. Other vimanas were developed for the wiser human beings by great seers of Vedic knowledge.

From the above quote, I truly believe about the Yugas. In Sat Yuga, people where having great spiritual knowledge, and hence didnt need any artificial machinery for doing their work. Well, even today we see examples of this, for example here in India, there are so many Yogis, who will meditate and then levitate a few feet high right in front of you. I have seen it practically done. There are these chinese kids who can teleport items meters apart by just concentrating and meditating, and bend steel spoons which might have otherwise been physically impossible for them. Maybe its something to do with their mental purity and meditation power. For some time it made me rethink the Matrix concept. :p

Well as a matter of fact since we do not have any proof of any advancement of these civilisations howsoever, so we must not argue with that. All we have is written material and what should be done is to learn from it and implement in todays world. Like the chinese are currently exploiting ancient indian knowledge of anti gravity (from a sanskrit book found in Tibet) in their recent space program.

Captain Ron Out!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry. The number of mines around the world and the way they are scattered suggests that if an ancient civilisation was out there we would have found it by now.

The lack of ancient records of any artefacts lying around at the time also suggests there was no civilisation.

No proof, not even a bit of pot!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sorry. The number of mines around the world and the way they are scattered suggests that if an ancient civilisation was out there we would have found it by now.

The lack of ancient records of any artefacts lying around at the time also suggests there was no civilisation.

No proof, not even a bit of pot!

No offense UJ, that is the worst argument I have ever heard. Just because you haven't found anything, doesn't mean it does not exist. You've heard of the formerly lost city of Troy right?? We are barely lucky we can find artifacts from this era, let alone another. Oceans were once dry, land was once wet, crushing grinding earth, weather, erosion

As for digging, your idea of "because we've dug so many mines we should have found something??" Earth is a big place my friend, it would be like sticking yourself with an extra thin, short hyperdermic needle in attempts to commit suicide (just the sticking part, not injecting).

I am willing to say"yeah, my theory was pretty stupid", but it will take more than the "I don't see it, so it doesn't exist" theory. Hell, we are still finding animals (alive and dead) that we never knew existed.

PS that mine theory holds as much water as a funnel

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Whats wrong with the mine theory?
Dig big holes accross the planet and your bound to find something. Many great paleantonic (dinosaur bits as thats obviously not how to spell it) were found in the mines. They date from 65 million years ago so clearly we've dug down far enough.

If there was a high tech civilisation somewhere on earth then it would leave huges amounts of crap behind, from abandonded cities to rubbish tips. Yet not a single scrap has been found.

Also whats an Earth Cycle? Has any proof of them been found

Sorry but its my role in life to be an unpleasent, cynical sceptic. Or if you want to look at it another way i like proof over speculation.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I belive I've read somewhere in the Buddahist text saying the same thing. And there is a prediction of another cycle in human evolution. It even has descriptions of what the "next" human society will be like in the future.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There may be no evidence that you & I are aware of, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any. There have been recent discoveries of lost civilizations on land & under the ocean thanks to technology like better optics & processing of satellite photos & side scanning sonar. While we have no proof of an ancient high tech civilization your theory that we've looked everywhere there is to look already is not only flawed, but clearly untrue.

Your best argument is that there would be relics & yes I agree there would certainly be some I would think. Again that doesn't mean there are not any & someone is keeping them from us or they haven't been found yet. Erosion over time, planetary collisions, nuclear war & shifting landmasses could have certainly destroyed most if not all.

I can think of many reasons the government would withhold that type of info from personal greed to national security.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sh*t I’ve been contemplating the same thing lately too. What if this is what this whole illuminati, Sumerian god and all the other messed up stuff is about. ANother idea Ive been thinkning is, lets say there is such a thing call Homo Superior or Homo Masteris or what ever… what if that all of humanity is nothing more than cattle or some sort of recourse. Perhaps somehow knowingly we provide something for them .

Another Idea I've been contemplating. Perhaps the earth is some sort of bio-evolutionary engine used to germinate intelligent life. The system is rebooted once a particular species has evolved enough intellectually and morally. The species of course leaves the planet... We definately have some more evovling to do. Perhasps anoher Cataclysm
will bring us to a higher level .

Or Humanity keeps getting screwed by some alien species.

[edit on C:Wedocu04e4 by Opus]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandMasterN
"A Canticle for Leibowitz" =... A Sci-Fi Classic = Peep-Worthy.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by GrandMasterN]

You beat me to it. As soon as I read this post, that book sprung to mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Another Idea I've been contemplating. Perhaps the earth is some sort of bio-evolutionary engine used to germinate intelligent life. The system is rebooted once a particular species has evolved enough intellectually and morally. The species of course leaves the planet... We definately have some more evovling to do. Perhasps anoher Cataclysm
will bring us to a higher level .

Or Humanity keeps getting screwed by some alien species.

Thanks... I aim to please =]

I have had this thought as well. When I was in school, I took an anthropology course. Our proffessor was some old lady (a foot in the grave), but she was pretty cool. As we were going up the evolutionary scale of man, the only really significant fossils we are missing are the fossils of the "missing link". There is one evolutionary step between modern man and non-modern man (i don't know the correct term), and that step is missing. There is one DNA molecule difference between apes and us (they have one more). From what the fossil records say is that humans went from sub-human to human with no reason for evolutionary advancement... ie standing allowed us to see farther, allowing us to hunt and for meat and not just eating left-overs. The meat allowed our brains to grow larger, and standing, over time, the spine moved to the base of the skull, allowing the brain to grow to a larger mass. There is nothing found in research that says there is anything that should have taken us or forced us from pre-man to man. Insert your theory here...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
the theory on it having to do with the mayan calender, well i dought it because the mayan calander says a day (12-21-12) so i dought a bottle neck could happen in a day

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join