It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cool vehicles that armies use

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here's a new one for the UK...
Panther MLV (LMV)
Multipurpose Light Vehicle.

The most recent development in the armoured vehicle range is the Multirole Light Vehicle (MLV). An all new 4x4 tactical scouting vehicle specifically developed for the operational requirements of the twenty first century. This vehicle combines speed and protection with stealth and tactical versatility. MLV is light weight, armoured against small arms, shell fragments and mines and is readily air transportable: key characteristics required in meeting the increasing need for rapid deployment of troops and equipment.

www.army-guide.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Don't the British army do a quadbike with a pole mount for a HMG or launcher?

www.army.mod.uk...
??
This?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That cobra at the begining of the thread reminded me of gijoe toys the C.O.B.R.A. hehe I remember a few people telling me that worked at McDondaldDugglas (spelling) that alot of the gijoe toys were actual things can talk about in toys but not real life stupid as it sounds but the dragon missle hand carried weapon was in gijoe before I seen things in public view

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

found another

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Love the big gun

external image

external image

[edit on 28-11-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Don't the British army do a quadbike with a pole mount for a HMG or launcher?

www.army.mod.uk...
??
This?

That just looks like a swamp buggy to me.

No, I was thinking more like what Chinawhite posted, but with some lunatic standing up behind the driver, swinging a .50cal around. You know, for mobile fire-support in, what do the call it, asymmetrical warfare? Maybe I was imagining things, or extrapolating from something else, or just got the wrong end of the stick. Happens sometimes.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You mean something like this?

external image

external image

Or this?

[edit on 29-11-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

external image

external image

Or this?

[edit on 29-11-2005 by chinawhite]

Looks almost.......American!!!!
Seriously, it seems to me China is following the way the U.S. military is developed.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
While chinese and american special forces have similar roles and would need similar equipment dont you think?

I dont think americans poineered fast attack vehicles

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

While chinese and american special forces have similar roles and would need similar equipment dont you think?

I dont think americans poineered fast attack vehicles

Really?? I thought maybe you heard of the desert patrol vehicle used by elite forces.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

external image

external image

Yeah, much more like that.

Only with a Browning M2HB instead of the anti-material rifle and a milan instead of the, well, whatever the designation is for the launcher.

The thing I ?heard? (maybe) about was definitely a straight up quad bike, not a jeep type vehicle. I had the idea that the second guy would stand on the rear to use the weapon. Makes you a bit of a target, I guess. Standing behind the vehicle would seem much smarter. Put the driver's kevlar in front of you!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I believe this is only a concept...but I want to learn about it...Does anyone know that Name of this Ford Military concept vehicle?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Really?? I thought maybe you heard of the desert patrol vehicle used by elite forces.

I mean something thats fast with guns. Not a actual FAV

Like what the british were using in africa.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
The USMC's new KLS650 that runs on diesel

Source

I want one, my "daily driver" is the civillian version, non diesel.

KLR650 Carrier Ops, What I find odd is that they get nonreflective rotors but still have the stock fork reflectors

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Easy enough to remove in times of conflict and illegal to drive on the road without them (probably).

I dunno, 650s are bloody heavy machines, not at all easy to muscle around in the bush. Not like 2/350s or even 400s. However, the deisel option is pretty obviously useful.

Got to have some serious torque for a bike, that's for sure.

edit:and the carrier ops link describes them as being KLR 250 D8s. All I'll say is those are the biggest tanks I've ever seen on a 250. Someone planning to ride the Sahara without a fuel stop?

[edit on 30-11-2005 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The 650 isn't really that heavy if you're a larger rider. My yz250 feels like a really heavy mtb, but i outweigh it by about 20-30lbs. The KLR's are like tractors rather than racers, but they I want the diesel for torque, last week i didn't quite have enough, fell front wheel in a ditch and went OTB.

BTW the caption is wrong on the site, there is a KLR250 but those aren't it. The rear rack is stock 650, and if those were 250's then those guys are like 5' tall. The only part it shares with the 250 is the headlight fairing.

The KLR250

The military diesel/bioD. version is now being offered for sale to the public for somewhere around $18,000 IIRC. Here's the powerplant.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
The rear rack is stock 650, and if those were 250's then those guys are like 5' tall.

Exactly. Just look at their stance. I stand that wide on my Bol d'Or, but not my 200 trailbike.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Armstrong MT-500 was used by the British in the Falklands War, They now use a lighter version of it made by Harley Davidson.

members.aol.com...

www.dropbears.com...

The British used to use the Can Am Bombardier before the Armstrong. Belgium still use them today.

www.motocross.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Anything about homemade/pimped up military vehicles?

www.paulmcrae.com...

www.paulmcrae.com...

What is the armoured truck that is used in the Gorillaz 'Dirty Harry' video?

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Browno]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I mean something thats fast with guns. Not a actual FAV

Like what the british were using in africa.

I think you talk about the Dingo (the old...)?

Dingo mk1 :

after it's the ferret :

the fox is the one with the 30 mm rarden gun:

this turret was feet on scorpion vehicles to make the actual sabre (a second hand scimitar).

In africa it talks to me : the aml (panhard)

its south african version : elan

still a panhard : the amphibious erc 90 sagaie (replace aml)

cool light armoured fast wheeled vehicles

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join