It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cool vehicles that armies use

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wodan

Originally posted by blue cell

Here is a armoured all wheel vehicle its called
fuchs its used by Germany. I think this vehicle looks like the Fox NBC vehicle

maybe it looks like the Fox NBC vehicle, as it IS it!

the usa got it donated by germany

(btw. its #ty, and will be replaced soon by something heavyier for most
jobs

No its not donated ... nothing in this world is free .... there was a hearing in the senate and the senate was against that Army bought materiel that was not american...but they bought the best NBC vehicle on the market.
And it was the FUCHS.

[edit on 08/03/2005 by Locutus]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yeah, ok... it looks good, but is it anything special with it...?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9
my favorite one is the one that gets the guerillas homemade bomb stuck underneath it, and blows up, hahaha, that one is cool.

What kind of comment is that????

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
yea I just noticed that, thats wrong man!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Geezs someone do something about zordak, a comment of such savagery should not go unpunished.

Well yeah so anyways I like:

The USMC's AAVP7A1, the thing is just beautiful. Only gets like 8mph water speed, oh well.

The US Army's M551 Sheridan, which also looks good IMO. Airborne and missile capabilities are nice. What a shame that the main cannon/missile launcher had problems.

IDF's Nagmachon etc., basically moving pillboxes.

British Saxon

Who can forget

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Barunson]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The USMC's new expeditionary fighting vehicle is what I would consider a cool vehicle.

It packs a MK-46 30 mm weapon system so it can hold its own or at least much more so than the old Amtrack its replacing.

From what I have heard it has a water speed of 30mph! You could water ski behind this thing!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost

From what I have heard it has a water speed of 30mph! You could water ski behind this thing!

Holy crap, thats really fast. Heck thats even pretty fast for some boats!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Many, many years ago, I used to know the guys at the in the Tech Workshops at the DNBCC instructor's place at Winterborne Gunner. I frequently used to 'phone and blag kit off them for our exercises and had a brilliant relationship with Ian and Mike(?). I also got to know John Nicholson at the Thetford Battle Run by Wretham 'B' battle camp in Norfolk. (I think) [or was it Lincoln/Suffolk?]

It was just after GWI that I visited Winterborne Gunner to blag some NAIADs and CAMs for my NBC ex that I was running on SPTA, down by the compound at the 'back gate' of Westdown Camp and up at Westdown Woods, along the 'chemical Lane' that Frank Dyass set up years ago. (This was used for NBC Recce and NBC Survey practices)

After blagging the kit and refils, we went out for a smoke. Almost directly opposite the Tech Workshop was a couple of vehicle bays and, in the left hand bay as we looked at them, was what I laughingly refered to as a 'Luchs'.

Ian assured me it was a 'free' Fuchs NBC Recce vehicle donated by the Bundeswher - in the hope that the 'Army' would equipe a Regiment with them. It was at 'Gunner for evaluation and at the time, I felt very privaleged to be given the guided tour by Ian. I must say that I was very impressed by the tech side of life in the vehicle, the 'on road' sensing eqpt, the soil and air samplers and the built in laboratory.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to see over the veh and I know the guys who formed the NBC Recce Regt at Honiton near Westen Super Mud just love 'em!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
yeah, ok... it looks good, but is it anything special with it...?

The Fuchs/Fox NBC sytem is simply the best mobile laboratory in its role. It is deployed in numerous countries and several more want it. Although one has to say that it doesnt have too much of a competition in its field.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Vextra

Patria

Shadow

those are the vehicles that look cool to me. ill see if there are other vehicles i like. but these are for now.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Armed Recon Vehicle "Zobel"

Sadly this is the only prototype, and hence it is not in use in any army. Its program was halted in the 90´s and today its role is fulfilled by the (more capable) "Fennek" that Wodan posted on page 1. I simply like the sleek lines and appearance, so much nicer than the bulky HMMWVV or the "Shadow" RST-V. Its even amphibious, in water it drives backwards using the propellers one can see in the front.

The next one is a so-called "Gun-Truck" from Vietnam, its an ordinary M54 Truck below, and yes, a whole M113 hull bolted on top.

And not an exceptionally cool vehicle, but a nice tactic: This way the mortar in the Merkava IV turret can be used for direct fire

And a Soviet IS-7. The only word I can think of here is "monster"....

[edit on 9/8/2005 by Lonestar24]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Lonestar, that IS-7 looks like a monster of a tank. Do you know how it compares to the Super Pershing or the Tiger II?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The AS90 Braveheart is a 155mm self-propelled howitzer which entered service with the British Army in 1992. It is manufactured by BAE Systems Land Systems (RO Defence and formerly the Armaments Division of Vickers Shipbuilding and Engineering Ltd) at Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria. 179 have been built for the British Army. The AS90 was deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in March 20.The AS90 is fitted with a 155mm, 39 or 52 calibre gun barrel. In trials, two AS90 howitzers were able to deliver a total payload of 261kg onto a single target in less than 10 seconds. An automated loading system enables the gun to fire with a burst rate of 3 rounds in under 10 seconds, an intense rate of 6 rounds per minute in three minutes and a sustained rate of 2 rounds per minute.
The gun, which does not require stabilising spades, is equipped with a recoil and hydrogas suspension system which allows the turret to traverse and fire through the full 360°. A Dynamic Reference Unit (DRU) and electronic compensation for tilt of the vehicle are used for accurate orientation of the weapon system.
The range is 24.7km using conventional ammunition. The AS90 also fires assisted rounds which provide an extended range to 30km. Fitting a 52 calibre barrel instead of the standard 39 calibre extends the range beyond 40km. An automated ammunition handling system is included in the current upgrade programme. The vehicle is of all-welded steel armour construction, which is rated to withstand impact by 7.62mm and 14.5mm armour piercing shells and 152mm shell fragments. A system for increased ballistic protection against top attack by current generation anti-tank missiles is being developed.

Crew 5 or 4 (driver, commander, layer, loader)
maximum gradient 60%
verticle obstacle 0.75 m
trench crossing 2.8 m
Fording 1.5 m
road range 350 km
Speed 55 km / hour
source

Pretty cool there developing an armor that can defend against top attack missiles. Not bad range for the gun, or the vehicle. Intresting never knew Britian had a self proppeled howitzer.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do you know how the AS90 Braveheart differs from the Paladin or Crusader platforms? They are all 155mm howitzers from what I understand.

Does the AS90 have a resupply vehicle like the Crusader's XM2002 which has an automated ammunition handling system that can automatically transfer 48 rounds of ammunition and fuel to the howitzer in less than 12 minutes

Here are 2 pretty cool pictures of a Crusader in action.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is cool... The Finnish "pasi"

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The USMC's new KLS650 that runs on diesel

Source

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I reckon the new Australian designed Bushranger is pretty kool looking and does a good job. I would post a picture but I Don't know how, if some1 could that would be great. But yeah for what its worth the Bushranger is a great vehicle.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
this is pretty cool.

artillery on wheels.

Zoom Zoom...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Simply a classic.

Now thats just hillarious.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Raideur]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Many, many years ago, I used to know the guys at the in the Tech Workshops at the DNBCC instructor's place at Winterborne Gunner. I frequently used to 'phone and blag kit off them for our exercises and had a brilliant relationship with Ian and Mike(?). I also got to know John Nicholson at the Thetford Battle Run by Wretham 'B' battle camp in Norfolk. (I think) [or was it Lincoln/Suffolk?]

It was just after GWI that I visited Winterborne Gunner to blag some NAIADs and CAMs for my NBC ex that I was running on SPTA, down by the compound at the 'back gate' of Westdown Camp and up at Westdown Woods, along the 'chemical Lane' that Frank Dyass set up years ago. (This was used for NBC Recce and NBC Survey practices)

After blagging the kit and refils, we went out for a smoke. Almost directly opposite the Tech Workshop was a couple of vehicle bays and, in the left hand bay as we looked at them, was what I laughingly refered to as a 'Luchs'.

Ian assured me it was a 'free' Fuchs NBC Recce vehicle donated by the Bundeswher - in the hope that the 'Army' would equipe a Regiment with them. It was at 'Gunner for evaluation and at the time, I felt very privaleged to be given the guided tour by Ian. I must say that I was very impressed by the tech side of life in the vehicle, the 'on road' sensing eqpt, the soil and air samplers and the built in laboratory.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to see over the veh and I know the guys who formed the NBC Recce Regt at Honiton near Westen Super Mud just love 'em!

U said your self "a" free Fuchs, sure for testing but the rest they did buy.
no body was talking about 1 Fuchs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join