It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cool vehicles that armies use

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is a cool looking fighting vehicle its name is
cobra and Turkey uses it. In some of the pictures it kinda looks like the Shadow RSTV, the thing I like about the vehicle is its speed it can go about 115 KM per hour. And like the M-113 APC it can be configured to a variety of roles.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
whats cool about that?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I like the USMC’s Shadow Reconnaissance, Surveillance Targeting Vehicle (RST-V). It looks sleek and maneuverable. Pus it can be comforted depending on the mission.

The pneumatic suspension can reduce the vehicle's size for air transportation, by allowing the tires to be pulled in and the height of the vehicle to be dropped.
The RST-V's hybrid electric drive consists of a diesel engine powering permanent magnet generator and motors.
In stealth mode the vehicle can be powered by battery only, reducing acoustic and thermal signatures.
The vehicle's maximum road speed is 112km/h and it has an unrefueled range of 758km at 50km/h.
The RST-V can be armed with machine gun, grenade launcher or anti-tank missile system.

I really like this vehicle.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
german fennek recon vehicle:

puma armoured tracked multiporpuse vehicle: (IFV version, yet without missiles)

GTK Boxer armoured wheeled multiporpuse vehicle: (IFV version)

ATF Dingo

Leopard II A6

if you asked for spacy looking vehicles...

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Wodan]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The Cobra is based of the HMMWV.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Doesn’t that Cobra vehicle utilize independent electric motors on each individual wheel inside the hub? I remember seeing a show a while back where they showed a vehicle in development that looked very similar that used individual electric motors on each wheel. The beauty is that it can spin 360 degrees on a dime like a tracked vehicle by only spinning the outside wheels. Plus in slippery conditions each wheel can get better traction by being independently controlled.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here is a armoured all wheel vehicle its called
fuchs its used by Germany. I think this vehicle looks like the Fox NBC vehicle, I like it because it can hold up to 12 people. Also it has a pretty good speed 96 KM per hour, and a range of 700 KM.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not really an army..but the royal marines

Landing Craft Air Cushion (Light) - (LCAC (L))
12 metres long this hovercraft capable of over 30 knots across water and land, and with an endurance of 12 hours. They can carry 16 fully equipped marines or 2 tonnes of stores.
Is well cool

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Not really an army..but the royal marines

Landing Craft Air Cushion (Light) - (LCAC (L))
12 metres long this hovercraft capable of over 30 knots across water and land, and with an endurance of 12 hours. They can carry 16 fully equipped marines or 2 tonnes of stores.
Is well cool

Yeah this landing craft is good for spec ops right?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It might be but what is the air pressure on that cushion and how big of a hole can it take? It would suck to blow that baby out and be sitting duck on the water.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Yeah this landing craft is good for spec ops right?

Nope....general use..
this is one of the main ways of getting ahsore..

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It might be but what is the air pressure on that cushion and how big of a hole can it take? It would suck to blow that baby out and be sitting duck on the water.

Well on the water there is really little threat...your not going far from the task force and the guys we are fighting now dont really have a real navy...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
my favorite one is the one that gets the guerillas homemade bomb stuck underneath it, and blows up, hahaha, that one is cool.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell

Here is a armoured all wheel vehicle its called
fuchs its used by Germany. I think this vehicle looks like the Fox NBC vehicle

maybe it looks like the Fox NBC vehicle, as it IS it!

the usa got it donated by germany

(btw. its #ty, and will be replaced soon by something heavyier for most jobs

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wodan

maybe it looks like the Fox NBC vehicle, as it IS it!

the usa got it donated by germany

(btw. its #ty, and will be replaced soon by something heavyier for most jobs

Yeah I just remembered that, I read about the Germans donating a vehice and it was the Fuchs thats funny!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is a new family of systems its called
MBCOTM which stands for mounted battle command on the move. I think this is a great way to help commanders lead there troops, and get a picture of the battlefield.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This vehicle is called SEP Modular Armoured Tactical System wheeled and tracked vehicle its actually the prototype vehicle for the FCS family of systems. Using a a new electric drive it reduces acoustic, thermal, and radar signatures.
link

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
FRANCE
Crew 4 (driver, commander, gunner, loader)
chassis length 7.5 metres
chassis width 3 metres
total combat weight 28 to 34 tons (depending on ballistic protection)
Armament 105 mm cn 105 G2 stabilised gun
secondary armament 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun, one galix self defence system
Elevation - 6 to + 15 degrees
105 mm ammunition in turret 12 rounds
105 mm ammunition in chassis 23 rounds
fire control digital, commander's stabilised panoramic sight, gunner's stabilised day and night sight
radio communications 2 new generation radios
command system finders battlefield management system
Performance
maximum road speed 120 km/h
average road speed 110 km/h
Acceleration 0 to 30 km/hour in 3.4 seconds
minimum turning diameter 800 kms on road at stabilised speed
maximum slope 60%
maximum side slope 30%
Step 1 metre
Powerpack saab scania diesel engine, 260 DaN.m
automatic gearbox seven gears and torque converter
Steering driving 2 steered axles
Configuration 8x8 wheels
Suspension hydropneumatic suspension.
Tyres new generation wide dimension tyres with run flat device, syegon variable tyre pressure system

Basic info
The Vextra 105 wheeled armoured reconnaissance vehicle is being developed by Giat Industries in Versailles, France. The new generation 8 x 8 vehicle is capable of anti-tank combat and has fire-on-the-move capability against stationary or moving targets. The vehicle is based on the same wheeled chassis as Giat's Vextra 25 and has demonstrated high tactical and strategic mobility in trials, including desert trials carried out in the United Arab Emirates in October 1997. During the trials, the Vextra 105 covered 200 km on very soft sandy tracks at speeds greater than 50 km/h, reaching top speeds of 120 km per hour on roads.

Gun firing tests were carried out on the 105mm gun, the 7.62 mm machine gun and the Galix self-defence system, by day and night, with the Vextra 105 halted and on the move at speeds of 60km/h, against both static and mobile targets.
source

Wow sounds like a pretty effective fighting vehicle, never new france really cared so much about its defense. Also really fast vehicle, I wonder if were testing this vehicle out for our FCS design.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join