It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bush against the minutemen and other border patrol volunteers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This just in...

For anyone who says the volunteers are hindering the BP, think again. I heard one of the volunteers describe what's going on down there, and he said that the BP SUPPORT them! Imagine that! And they were just getting in the way...

He also said he didn't appreciate Bush referring to them as vigilantes. He recalls being told to report any suspicious activity that might threaten homeland security
, so that's what they did. Too bad, though, we don't need anyone securing our borders, just wave everyone on in.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Too bad, you people will only understand when the illegals have all the jobs. Oh, wait, you can see that happening now...

Who's giving all these Illegals all the jobs??? They aren't taking them, they are being offered them. Big difference.

Why are they being offered them?? Could it be because they might be willing to work for a payrate most other people *read: Average Americans* wouldn't even consider getting out of bed for?? Could it be that they can be utilised as cheap labour and so increase the prospective profits of their employers?? Probably...

If people have a grievance with 'illegals taking all the jobs'...then I hope any grievance is directed towards those truly responsible for it...namely the Employers...NOT the Illegals themselves. After all...the jobs aren't yours by right are they???

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Why are they being offered them?? Could it be because they might be willing to work for a payrate most other people *read: Average Americans* wouldn't even consider getting out of bed for

I don't know about that. The thing is, an illegal can be paid pennies whereas a citizen or documented worker has to be paid at least minimum wage and often gets health benefits and the like. So the jobs that illegals do have illegally probably would be gladly filled by documented workers and citizens, however it would cost to companies/businesses much more. That would mean that lots of these companies hiring illegals now probably wouldn't be able to operate at all, that would mean a downtick in the economy. Its a complex subject.
Tho generally, its b/s that illegals are 'stealing' jobs. They're not working in offices or managing stock portfolios.
They're also doing themselves a disservice. By becomming a citizen, they'd get higher wages, better benefits, and stronger legal standing for governmental protections. That'd offset any perceived 'loss' from having to pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Now, why does Bush call these people vigilantes? Maybe because he's for open borders and amnesty for the illegals. The reasons for this are quite deep, so I won't go into the why. All I'm saying here is that the fact that Bush is against these brave volunteers should sound off bells in people's heads.
I'm glad these people are doing this. The invasion of the illegals must be fought.

Bush stabbed us conservatives in the back.....no he stabbed America in the back. Most Americans want a secure border and he spit in their faces with his stupid remarks about the Minuteman. Im not sure why he did this, but He looks to be in lockstep with Vicente Fox and thats scary.

Bush failed the people who voted him in and we won't forget it. I would even vote for a tough Democrat if he said he would close the border with US Marines.

Maximu§

top topics

<< 1   >>

join