It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrabble/Literati - anyone else play online?(closest forum for this)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I happen to be an avid Scrabble player. I play a lot of games on Yahoo! where it is called Literati. Same game, just different board & different valued tiles, plus tiles are randomized instead of a predetermined set like Scrabble. Any fellow ATSers play on Literati? If so let me know and we can hook up sometime. I play at a league called Rankmonster (www.rankmonster.com) and my ID there is the same as here, dragonsdemesne.

(again sorry if this isn't quite the right forum, the closest I could find for this was video games, though since I'm talking about online play I guess it sort of counts
)

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This works.
I don't play, but that's what the forum's here for.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
RANT

Please tidy those unsightly smudges from your profile.

DD

I have played a bit of Literati.
At yahoo from memory. The game has a unique set of legal two letter words, quite different to Scrabble, and you need to learn them in order to take out close games against some of the chatbots and intelligent machines that seem to play on autopilot.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
RANT

Please tidy those unsightly smudges from your profile.

I was considering starting a thread asking people to show me their unsightly smudges actually (as long as they vaguely resemble triangle, circle, square). OCD thing.

But I got as far as Wegmen...

Then got sidetracked in the Wonder Woman Movie thread.

And started looking at pictures of Charisma Carpenter (different kind of OCD) until the word "Literati" caught my eye.

And have just been derailing this thread ever since.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm also playing on ISC now, an online scrabble site. I'm dragonsdem over there (dragonsdemesne was too long, hehe, only 10 characters allowed)

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I dont play scrabble but I play a similar game on MSN called FLipwords. All you do is kinda try to connect the letters closest together to make a word

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The classic word game Scrabble presents a number of unique challenges to its players. Official Scrabble Players Dictionary would be great. Scrabble Online using Scrabble Dictionary, Facebook Scrabble, Pogo Scrabble, Hub World. Act now

new topics

top topics

join