It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin City (Spoiler)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What a ride, from the moment that i saw the first trailer i had tingles going down my spine, i wanted to see this moive. So friday comes, I go to the first showing in the morning, not real knowing what to expect, i expected violence, a crapy love story and alot of cool animation. What i got blew my mind, it opened up honestly enough, on the balcony, with Red Dress, and the guy, wonderfull scene, set the tone of the movie for me. The number of big name actors is asounding, very well acted. Micky Rouge (spelling) was by far the best, he was born for that role, i felt guilty the entire way through, though his blood thirsty killing spree, and the coolest villian of all time (Eligha Wood). Truely fantastic work. The 2nd story was more impressive than the first, i have no idea who that actor is, but he is fantastic. Denicio Del Toro is his usal amazing self, and the women of Oltown were amazing, the 3rd part was expetional too, not a big bruce willis fan though, but i liked him in this.

Over all this has to be one of my favortie moovies of all time, i have now seen it 3 times, and every time you want to watch it more, you dont want it to end and feel guilty for enjoying it. i give it a A+ and anyone that liked Kill Bill to watch this.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I liked it, too. Definitely NOT a chick-flick, lots of boobs, butts, and blood (not necessarily in that order). Weird, freaky, demented, gory, awesome.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have to agree....Sin City was one of the most amazing movie experiences I've ever had....

Film Noir on steroids with an extra helping of demented violence please! I mean...the lighting effects in the movie alone left me stunned.....The subtle effect of adding vibrant colors to a black and white screen were jaw-dropping....

Then compare this film to the original comics and it'll blow your mind!

The acting: incredible
The story: mesmerizing
The cinematography: "gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh"
The directing: Tarantino as a GUEST director?! Yeah....It's that damn good folks!

I'm gonna have hives and blisters all over my body until this comes out on DVD....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So, does Alba show the boobs, or the Star Trek chick?

Either/or, and it's moving up on my to see list!

Just kidding, I've been waiting to see this one a while, just had a snafu this weekend, so didn't go....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i just saw it...

it was good...

the only thing that was a little annoying (to me) was that the characters mainly thought to themselves and didn't talk out-loud that much...

the black-and-white feature was a kool addition too...

also, in the last scene (in the elevator), is that guy going to kill the whore???

a great quote was: "an old man dies, a little girl (or young lady) lives. that's a fair trade"...

also, why couldn't the film go "in order"???

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So, does Alba show the boobs, or the Star Trek chick?

alba doesn't :shk:

i don't know about star trek sry...

but there is alotta @$$, whores, blood, and boobs

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i just saw it...

it was good...

the only thing that was a little annoying (to me) was that the characters mainly thought to themselves and didn't talk out-loud that much...

the black-and-white feature was a kool addition too...

also, in the last scene (in the elevator), is that guy going to kill the whore???

a great quote was: "an old man dies, a little girl (or young lady) lives. that's a fair trade"...

The guy in the elevator was the guy from the VERY first secne of the movie, she is one dead hooker.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i knew that TKainZero

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Guest Director = Tarentino

Awesome flick though....much better than expectations...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Guest Director = Tarentino

Or because the 3 segments are based on 3 seperate comic books that are based on different times in Sin City, they were never meant as one story. Tarantino only did one scene.

Everything was there, but yet somehow it just didn't play out the way I had dreamed. Although every frame was based on a comic panel the movie cut way too fast and wasnt paced well at all. The Sin City comics are are homage to Film Noir, they weren't trying to re-invent the genre as this flick seemed to want to do at times. However I've heard alot of character development (especially alot was missing for Marv) was edited for time and will all be included back in the film for a SE DVD, so I look forward to that.

Oh, and Alba was fecking awful...good job everyone else were pretty damn good. I was surprised film wise that The Big Fat Kill segment turned out to be my favourite as The Hard Goodbye and The Yellow Bastard were my favourites of the comics.

Overall a success though. 7/10

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
thanks for the info. John Nada...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Oh, and Alba was fecking awful...

True, but she was so smokin' hot that I really didn't mind....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

True, but she was so smokin' hot that I really didn't mind....

Well she was the only one of the females that disrobe that were supposed to and it really hurt the movie I thought, it really stood out...and it's not because I want to see her naked (although of course I wouldn't mind).

But the shock value of Hartigan seeing her in the bar when he's expecting some geeky kid isn't nearly as much as it should've been. If she weren't willing to disrobe to help the character and story they should've got someone else.

As a side point I'm sure the feminists are having a field day with the movie.

top topics

join