It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Navy Dead to be Awarded Medal of Honour

page: 1

join
share:
D

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

THE bodies of the nine Australian troops killed in the Sea King helicopter crash will return home today to a ceremonial guard of honour and one of Indonesia's highest medals.

Froms News.com.au

Rest of the Article:

www.news.com.au...

I don't know if this has been a news article on ATSNN, but on the weekend, a Royal Australian Navy Seahawk crashed killing 9 aboard and critically injuring 2 others. The helicopter was part of the relief effort helping out after the earthquake the week before.

My sympathies to their families and Lest we Forget.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
yes there has been a story on the crash but i havn't seen one about the medals. realy nice gesture.

do they plan to ground the rest? it seems they are a bit old now as canada has had a lot of crashes. and they requre a heck of a lot of serviceing.

D

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes, all Seahawks in the Australian Navy have been grounded for now pending an investigation.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If my understanding of the situation is correct, all of the seahawks have been grounded. Apparently they (along with a lot of other old mil vehicles) are due for replacement, but the replacements wont arrive for another 5 years or something.

join