It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrimination against Straights and Whites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I just want everyones opinions on this. Just because someone is gay they get to have their own parade. Just because someone is black they get to celebrate black pride. All shout discrimination by their opposites

Well, buttons are for pushing...

I get kinda tired of being compared to gay people all the time because I'm a minority....can YOU tell me why that is???

I do not belong to any all this or that clubs since the idea is seclusionistic to me in the first place-white,black, tree lover,gay/gay basher etc...

Why should it matter to you if a few hundred thousand Black people want to further say, the educational oppurtunities of Black young people?? I assume you are not minority so, are you going to help a minority??

Hmmmm. Good queation eh?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I agree 100%
to you! If I made an all white movie Jesse Jackson would shoot me,but an all black movie is okay. I can't have an all white thing,but an all black thing is allowed. I can't kiss a women in public,but too gay men can have sex in public. Go figure.

On my high horse.......!!

come on man! You have not seen an all -white movie in your life....think about that for a second....

Again, I do not cater to or really like all one- group clubs.
I also don't like the majority telling the minority population they can not do this!

Put the chains on, let's crawl to our hovels and out of sight of those who resent an unpriveledged few from having a little space...yeesh.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There won't be equality so long as Liberals keep labeling everyone so they can get a vote....

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I personally love the term equality...usually means 'equality' on the ruling majorities grounds...

...question is, is it Equality people seek...or is it Assimilation...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hey people! If you get a perfect SAT score, you get 10 points, if black, you get 100000000000000 points. If white and failing, get kicked out. If black and failing state hiers(sp?) a tutor for you. If you have an all white school, every political correct group will sue you until you don't have enough money to buy toilet paper. If open an all black school the government and a ton of political correct groups will give the person millions. If you have an all black channel(wait, BET, #1 supporter of drugs and crime((play most rap/movies that support or show drugs/crime as good))) it ok, try an all white? The company would again be sued.

If you have an all male club, women sue, an all women club, men get sued for trying to get in. All white club gets sued, all asian club considered the best place to be.

It isn't reverse discrimination, it is just plain discrimination. Oh well, I'll use my Russian(Russia is in Asia) to get into the asian club, along with my Indian(they crossed over from Asia to here) to get in.

One question, for the get into college score, if you are part black, part mexican, and part asian, do you get 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 points?

Wow.
I seem to remember my SAT score( 1220) seemed to work for itself my friend...

I find it very sad that Whites in the world find it so reprehensible to know that their are smaller groups in America who, having been the brunt of torture, humiliation, neutering-yes, like a dog; public hanging and segregation on a wholesale scale, just want to know their own history and ways of THEIR ancestors which is not taught in the mainstream history of this country....sad and funny in a sickening sort of way.

Who is going to help the Asian immigrant-uh, the other Asian immigrant. Who was going to help the Irish immigrant in the 19th century-uh, the other Irish immigrants...yes for those history deficient, Irish was a dirty word in America at one time.

Explain that to me please??

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
i dont agree that there should be white clubs or straight clubs, in fact, i dont think there should be black clubs or gay clubs (even though i have millions of gay friends and belong to those clubs, i'm working to change them) i believe in complete equality

Why eliminate clubs altogether? As long as everyone has one, what's the problem?
People can seperate themselves and still be "equal".

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
There won't be equality so long as Liberals keep labeling everyone so they can get a vote....

I know God created all of us the same. Society and Sin have made differences. Greed is strong motivator.

Leftist want equality at other's expense...I don't need eqauility, My folks told me to do my best and beat the rest (figuratively speaking LOL). I hate labels because that is what helps fuel divisions. I also hate whining people.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
in regards to the south african question

yes, you can, i know a guy from Morrocco that looks completely European but he is officially labeled "African American"

i dont agree that there should be white clubs or straight clubs, in fact, i dont think there should be black clubs or gay clubs (even though i have millions of gay friends and belong to those clubs, i'm working to change them) i believe in complete equality

Thanks for the answer in regards to white South Africans.

I strongly believe everyone should be treated according to their abilities. Race, ethnicity, sex, gender and age should not be a factor. In regards to gay clubs, though, they will always exist because straight guys will mostly avoid them like the plague. That being said, my buddy and I (both 100 p.c. hetero) did go to a gay bar once because we were smashed and could not find another bar open (in a new city to us). We spent the time hitting on lesbians. Needless to say, we did not get very far.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Freddie, that is a sobering experience is'nt it?!!?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Absolutely! We figured out the error of our plans the next morning...

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
....They aren't Lesbians anymore??

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, I got one to kiss me, but no. Haha. I tried my best!

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
I've said it many times before...watch how fast you'll get kicked out of School if you had a "white club" or "Germanic club"...

Watch how fast you'll be arrested if you went down Market Square in San Fransico naked, fornicating, guys banging women doggy style.

YOudo have your "all white clubs" There's the KKK, the White Aryan Resistance et. al."

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

I just want everyones opinions on this. Just because someone is gay they get to have their own parade. Just because someone is black they get to celebrate black pride. All shout discrimination by their opposites

Well, buttons are for pushing...

I get kinda tired of being compared to gay people all the time because I'm a minority....can YOU tell me why that is???

I do not belong to any all this or that clubs since the idea is seclusionistic to me in the first place-white,black, tree lover,gay/gay basher etc...

Why should it matter to you if a few hundred thousand Black people want to further say, the educational oppurtunities of Black young people?? I assume you are not minority so, are you going to help a minority??

Hmmmm. Good queation eh?

There are several good points made by Tyriffic here that should not be allowed to fall by the wayside. First, why do people keep lumping sexual preference in with race differences? I just absolutely don't get that at all. Apples and oranges.

Second, that Tyriffic points out that he is not a part of some "separatist" type group. There are many, many people from ALL races that do not feel the need to "join their group" in order to be themselves in a manner that is dependent on "separating" from the rest of society. And being yourself includes finding the definitions of YOU...and that will include race.

And then the third point brings home the "issues" that lie beneath the first. 1.) why is it so important to blacks (insert hispanics, etc) to have "exclusive" gatherings? and 2.) why does it become so important to the excluded that 1. has happened?

And these questions bear straight-way back to my original post. We are still growing. We are still developing into the mature, decent, God-approved society that is REQUIRED. Until we move near to the point we SHOULD be, these things will continue to command importance that they do not warrant.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here's something you might appreciate, Colonel. An alderman on the southside here in Chicago wants to join a "club" of black aldermen. He is white. His constituency is about 95 p.c. black. He has been overwhelmingly elected several times. He cannot join whatever they call their "club." It's rediculous. Nobody should exclude anyone.

But, do you know how the popular clubs keep gangbangers out of the popular clubs in Chicago? They all have a sign posted saying you need 3 forms of id. Who has that? I don't. Sure there is racism, Chicago is the most segregated city in America.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, Freddie(
!!),
I think colonels reply merely points out why there are such clubs!!

If yu thought everyone of a group may be your potential enemy, would you seek shelter with them??

Valhall-
*Honor and diplomacy follow in your wake*

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Here's something you might appreciate, Colonel. An alderman on the southside here in Chicago wants to join a "club" of black aldermen. He is white. His constituency is about 95 p.c. black. He has been overwhelmingly elected several times. He cannot join whatever they call their "club." It's rediculous. Nobody should exclude anyone.

But, do you know how the popular clubs keep gangbangers out of the popular clubs in Chicago? They all have a sign posted saying you need 3 forms of id. Who has that? I don't. Sure there is racism, Chicago is the most segregated city in America.

I didn't know that. I have a friend in Chicago and she loves it there (but she is hardly there. She's a flight attendant---yes, she's hot)

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yeah, think Skokie, Evanston...Southside....

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A white African American will be treated fairly.
A black African America won't.

Skin color is everything. Deny it. But it still exists.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Tyriffic, I don't really understand that. Skokie is famous for having a huge population of Jews. It is also mostly affluent. Evanston is a big mixture of people. Some public aid people, some millionaires, a big mix. The southside is mainly working class. Lots of Irish, Poles, and Mexicans. Very few wealthy neighborhoods, like Beverly (which Beverly Hills was named after BTW). I grew up in Oak Park, which has a comparable mix that Evanston has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join