It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Submarine Espionage. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A former Japanese defence engineer has been accussed of leaking or selling Secret information on Japanese submarines to China.

www.japantimes.co.jp
Police have questioned a former senior Defense Agency engineering officer and searched his home on suspicion he gave copies of confidential submarine documents to an acquaintance who may have leaked the information to China, according to informed sources.

Investigators allege that the 63-year-old engineer copied documents on the submarines' strength to resist attacks and took them out without authorization around February or March 2000 while working at the Defense Agency's Technical Research and Development Institute, the sources said.

The police searched his home, current office and other places in the middle of March and confiscated his computer and a technical report on steel for submarines.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I feel this is an example of the recent expansion of Chinese intelligence with regards to their naval forces. The upgrade into a blue water fleet is going strong, and this would only help.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think it is a good time to keep an eye on military expansion and movement by china right now...

what i find VERY INTERESTING is that if you punch on the "warn" button on your submission vote area...
it puts you into a MODS only thread that is titled... DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS SUBMISSION...

someone got somethin against you there bub?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Chinese- they are everywhere. Now Japan joins Los Alamos in providing secrets to China.

Why doesn't anyone every steal any from China- probably aren't any?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't know if I could picture China as a threat with submarines...I know they have a nuclear arsenal and could convieably come into our territorial waters...However, I doubt China would want to push the U.S. that close to having to take action.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think it is a good time to keep an eye on military expansion and movement by china right now...

what i find VERY INTERESTING is that if you punch on the "warn" button on your submission vote area...
it puts you into a MODS only thread that is titled... DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS SUBMISSION...

someone got somethin against you there bub?

Oh no, that's for a reply I made in one of SO's testing threads.

I'll fix the intro up when I get home- thanks to the people who pointed that out.

new topics

top topics

join