It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nellis AFB Tours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am going to be in Vegas later this month. Is there a way a civilian can get in and tour Nellis AFB?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I dont believe that a single person can get a tour since 9/11.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I do know that Edwards AFB no longer allows acess to its flight test museum except during its airshow which was canceled last year

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just as FredT said, Nellis is no longer giving tours - As I recall my friend Bios introduced you to ATS. If you contact him with all specifics on date, time and number in your party - AND he vouches for you - I'll see what I can do.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wrong. Edwards tours re-opened a few days ago!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm curious to know what AFB's are no longer giving any kind of tours due to 9/11?
meshuggah says Edwards is open for tours again - anyone know about Eglin?

to nanobyte:
Call me - Natalie will hook you up.

bios

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Natalie "Intelgurl" Richardson for a most excellent tour of Nellis AFB.
I went to Las Vegas for the NAB convention last week and was allowed to enter Nellis as a guest of Raytheon Corp. I got to see a Raptor in real life for the first time which was great although the closest I got was to it was a couple of hundred feet.
I also got to see a whole herd of F-16s (maybe as many as 75-100) including some of the Thunderbirds, a few F-15's, T-38's and A-10's, plus an RAF Tornado and a Mig which I believe was a Mig-29.
I also saw some UCAV's like the Globe Hawk and the Preditor and also bunches of helicopters.

All in all it was a real treat for me and my wife in spite of the sunburn and I thank Natalie who was very friendly and professional, and also the Above Top Secret web site without which I would never have been able to meet the right people so I could see the base.

Many Thanks!

n a n o b y t e

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The tour of Nellis is very good. I did it back in Oct 2003. Did you visit the Threat Museum?
I sat in the Mig 29 and the Mig 23.

u2sr71patches.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk...

Also had a tour in the RED FLAG facility.

Hope to be back there again in Oct 2005.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was stationed there from 89-92 so I have seen most of what Nellis has to offer. Plus when I go back west on leave I usually fly into Vegas because its cheaper, and usually make a trip out to the base to shop in the BX.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My name is SSgt John P. Goede. My home phone is: I may be able to give you a tour of the base if it does not interfere with my schedule. I am usually Station Captain at the Fire Department at Nellis Air Force Base. The number here is I may have a few questions for you before I agree to take you on base, I'm sure you could understand. I've been stationed here since January 1998.

Please use the u2u for phone numbers. - Bandit

[edit on 2-5-2005 by TheBandit795]

top topics

join