It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banshee and Trickmastertrick?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Can you please name those senior staff members?

FYI the entire staff list is on the front forum page at the bottom of the left-hand column.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I would perfer to see a smurf toss done ....I have never seen that before and well I just gotta know .....how does a little blue creature toss a full grown person anyway.

Why....Like this of course....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
FYI the entire staff list is on the front forum page at the bottom of the left-hand column.

Their nicknames.... but who is behind those nicknames? That may be the question concerning Banshee.

ATS is a quite large forum, and it is a very big mistake (on any forum) to rely on nicknames, E-mail addresses, or other login-type usernames. Everyone has a real name, and most likely a phone number. So that anything goes wrong (or too well), staff members can be in personal contact. Even international phone calls don't cost that much, everyone can afford that.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Vertu]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I can understand why Banshee left, she's probably going to Japan to whoop some butt, and take some names, and make that MONEY! $$
Go Banshee. Put the little people in their place.
I'm sure she'll have lots of good stories upon returning.

I guess Trick just needed a break. :shrug: Happens to everybody now and then, we all get burnt out from time to time. Maybe he'll be back in effect after a nice vacation, or maybe he'd just prefer being a member to being a mod. It's certainly the easier of the two positions, and the least time consuming.

Whatever they're doing, wherever they go, we should wish them the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am not going anywhere, guys. If ever you need any help here on the site, just know that membership is free to contact me at any time. I have been having some personal issues that I need to concentrate on, and, quiet frankly, in my role as a super here at ATS, I just do not have time to devote the time needed to both to concentrate and do both the justice of time that they both so desperately need. Also, over the last approx 3 years that I have been a mod/super, I have fallen out of contact with the membership here. Heck, members have come and gone here on the site, without me even seeing them. I don't like that. I wish to devote more time to getting to know the membership here on the site. More time for posting in the forums that interest me, and to have more time to research the topics that I desire to learn more about. I will still be here, but I hope to be more accessible to the membership here. It has been a trying time for me lately in my RL. The stress of helping to keep the board peace is becoming to much for me to be able to keep life balanced. I have devoted to much time to the site, and not enough time to the issues that have been needing full attention from me. You guys are a great group of members. Almost all of you that I know are incredibly intelligent and can think through things and get to the root of issues. I hope to be able to get to know you better.

As for the staff here. It has been an honor to get to know you all in the way that I have. I have enjoyed every bit of the time that I spent with you. Some of you, I have known since day one here, back almost 3 years 7 months ago, when we were just a small little board where you could read all posts in one 2 hour sitting. I remember the introduction to the religion forums and what sparked that. Remember that Ycon and TC? I remember the day Byrd came to ATS and all the controversy over who she was. Remember the drive to find money to pay for info? I remember some of the down spots as well. The issue with MM and the "Simon is dead" controversy. I remember how all the mods used to meet up at WOS's board. I remember the arguements I used to have with Winston Smith and my public reprimand of him. Remember that SO? I remember the Brian controversy.

The point is, I remember all of these things with joy. I remember the good times and the not so good times. I would like to get back to a place where I can have fun here again, and build new memories here. Memories with you, the future of this site.

I hope to one day get back to a place where I can devote time to being a moderator again. I have enjoyed the time I have spent doing it, but I feel that I can't justify the time it takes with the issues I am dealing with in my RL at this time.

Anyways, it has been fun, guys. I hope that after things get settled down in my life, I might once again be able to be an asset to this site. Until then, I'm going to enjoy just being a member here. Been a while.

With love and respect always,
regan

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You're way out of line Vertu.
The people who left have done voluntarily, its not any of your business. The goodbye threads are a public announcement not a reason for people to discover the "real" reason. If the people want you to know more about their reasons, they can tell you, they are not banned.

If you seriously think we are going to give you our personal details to satisfy your curiousity....

Their nicknames.... but who is behind those nicknames? That may be the question concerning Banshee.

ATS is a quite large forum, and it is a very big mistake (on any forum) to rely on nicknames, E-mail addresses, or other login-type usernames. Everyone has a real name, and most likely a phone number. So that anything goes wrong (or too well), staff members can be in personal contact. Even international phone calls don't cost that much, everyone can afford that.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Vertu]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
If you seriously think we are going to give you our personal details to satisfy your curiousity....

I'm not interested in the real names or the phone numbers of the real stuff. But I have the strange feeling that staff members are not tied together, their communication channels are potential targets for trolls and hackers.

But the connection of the real identities of the stuff can withstand all unwanted attacks. It is very easy to steal a username and an E-mail address, and use the staff membership as if you were really a staff member.

Also, the operation of this forum concerns advertisements, therefore it concerns money. It would be just too hard to take over a forum which also concerns at least a person's real identity.

Do you understand me?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

the connection of the real identities of the stuff can withstand all unwanted attacks.

Do you understand me?

I understand you perfectly. We have the world's best admin here and your fears are unfounded. Everything is under control here.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Like Netchicken said... You are way out of the ballpark. We have security on this site that rivals Corporate/Government levels of quality/professionalism.

Not to mention I haven't a clue as to what you are driving at about "disconnected staff communications"

m...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So the admin... well, he must know a lot about the ATS... good job.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Not to mention I haven't a clue as to what you are driving at about "disconnected staff communications"

I'm pointing at different forums around the Net, who are specialized to analyze passwords there. Most people use a general password for the access of forums, E-mails and chats, that could perfectly fit to ATS members/staff, too.

Now imagine that the operator of different forums has access to these passwords, that could spoil the entire ATS staff. Making it possible that the Admin is no longer whoever he was previously, but a different person in a different country. Disabling any electronic communication with the real staff member could just verify that the new admin actually the previous one, which of course, isn't true.

As stated above, it is not a requirement to "hack" the forum, no need to work hard to get into the system. In this situation the ignorance was against the staff, one day they may learn.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's time for me to be a mod so I can dish out the warns like they've never been dished out before!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

But I have the strange feeling that staff members are not tied together, their communication channels are potential targets for trolls and hackers.

Well, staff know who each other are in RL, and there are very secure communication channels. Some of us have revealed who we are in RL even to the membership at large as well. So I wouldn't worry about it much... m'kay?
Many of the senior staff are RL friends from the site's founding....(I'm not one of that group).

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Don't worry Gaz, we'll give you a hug if you feel left out mate.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think we have been more than patient with you Vertu but since you can't take the hint. Please Drop the subject as there's nothing for you to worry about.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've had 4 telephone conversations with Senior staff TODAY... Ok?

RELAX...

m...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Why....Like this of course....

ooohhhh well then of course it make since how a little blue person can do that now thanks for the help any guesses on some of the other signature moves????

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I've had 4 telephone conversations with Senior staff TODAY... Ok?
RELAX...

And all of them were related to the sorry state of the Back Street Boys.

In reality... we're not doing anything terribly important here... there is no communication to intercept for ill-gotten gains.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I usually dont go here but this is beginning to irritate me.......I feel that without naming names the situation is being blown way out of proportion.

And quite frankly I am offended....this is not a debate this is an advisory of fact which in its own right is not even required and to introduce senarios into the fray such as I have seen from the person or persons in question frankly shows me why the mods have a burn out rate.

I would respectfully demand that those offenders to the very principle of matters at hand be compelled to appologize here and now in the public as just the way they committed the offensive behavior.

The information placed here is appauling at the least to those who are here to show love and support for those we care for , and at the most and insult to the image we work so hard to build, so we can participate in kindships that stretch the world over.

ATS is my seragote family and as such I will not nor do I appreciate this behavior .....if for some reason someone here feels cheated, lied to, tricked or other wise wronged listen as I open the creaking door and show you the way out.

Im sorry mods you have to indure such behavior , even my contraversial activities have not reached as far as some of the crap I have seen around the board lately.

To anyone that dont like things here Im holding the door so it wont hit you in the butt on the way out, please make use of it on your own dont torment the staff till they open that door for you

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And all of them were related to the sorry state of the Back Street Boys.

In reality... we're not doing anything terribly important here... there is no communication to intercept for ill-gotten gains.

Well they USED to be GREAT!!!! I mean think about those harmonies!

m...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join