It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banshee and Trickmastertrick?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just noticed that Banshee the Super Moderator and Trickmastertrick the moderator are demotet to usual members? (see profiles)

why?

Banshee was a regular on this board.

Whats up?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by dacruz]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe they didn't have the time to keep up all of the work required by a mod. Maybe they needed a break. Maybe its an error left over from the April's fools jokes. Life will go on.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think it has nothing to do with the april joke.

does Trickmastertrick posted something that is way against the rules?

what did Banshee do that she´s demotet?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
While some may think being a moderator on a site like this is a lot of fun (it sometimes is), it's generally a time consuming and occasionally stressful existence. It has taken it's toll on several people over time.

Recently, some have stepped down and there will likely be some additional changes over the next few days and weeks.

The primary goal of our moderator staff is to make ATS accessible and enjoyable for our member contributors... and hopefully enjoy doing it. Sometimes it's easy to tell when people have stopped enjoying it, other times not. I'd much rather struggle along with an entire moderator staff that quit to enjoy ATS, than try to make due with a big staff who are

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz
I think it has nothing to do with the april joke.

I liked that joke! So many ATSers have seen it, and they liked it too. What's next?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Neither of them did anything wrong, they are just taking a well deserved break. In my opinion they were some of the hardest working and most devoted members of this community. Believe it or not, it takes a lot of time and effort to make sure that everything runs smoothly, and everyone enjoys ATS. Over time this can wear on you and like anything else you do day in and day out, you find yourself wanting to step back and relax a bit.

Since they are both still members I'll let them say more if they wish but that's really all there is to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
While some may think being a moderator on a site like this is a lot of fun (it sometimes is), it's generally a time consuming and occasionally stressful existence. It has taken it's toll on several people over time.

Recently, some have stepped down and there will likely be some additional changes over the next few days and weeks.

The primary goal of our moderator staff is to make ATS accessible and enjoyable for our member contributors... and hopefully enjoy doing it. Sometimes it's easy to tell when people have stopped enjoying it, other times not. I'd much rather struggle along with an entire moderator staff that quit to enjoy ATS, than try to make due with a big staff who are

yes,

thanks for the info SO!

some good points in there.

Yeah It is really true, this is a lot of work..These people who don´t believe: Just take a look at the who´s online.

yes dbates, thats the point. They are a big part of postings and ideas (I guess)

best wishes

dacruz

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm glad to see the Admin here respect those who step down. Most places I've seen if you 'quit' then you get treated badly and are pretty much cast out of the community.
It's good to see the staff here are understanding of these things.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Banshee knows what he is doing. It is very easy to take a phone call to genuine moderators and administrators to check out that everything runs smoothly.

Also, it is adviced to clarify: how the hell do passwords swap hands?! Well, those are the real aprilfools who use a single password for everything!!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Banshee has stepped down from her sacred alter to become one of the common people!

All hail Banshee!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Banshee, regs, trickmaster .......noooo they are killing the stars of the movie off just at the beginning ......

Doc puts on black arm band and sends love and prayers to the fallen angels.

One day if ever I am approached for the role of baby mod I pray to be as open and patient as Banshee has been with me personally ....and from what i have seen of the other two I hope they to will be beacons of continued comfort and help here as well.

[edit on 4/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sometimes its nice to get and have a life outside ATS. Good for you guys its a rough job. Peace to you both.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Perhaps we should leave Banshee alone. He will not fall for the trick, he is better than that. The collapse of the ATS was inevitable, and it was based on ignorance. I hope, Banshee will not make any wrong step.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just have to echo what others have said and agree that it's an excellent opportunity afforded here at ATS for senior staff members to take a break away from their management responsibilities for a while and blend back in with “the crowd”....It can only add to our unique flavor!

I've seen a few come back and stay, and a few decide they'd rather just remain normal members....Proof that anyone can make ATS what they want it to be as long as they remember they're dealing with other human beings on the other side of that monitor....admin or not.....

Edit:
And hey....now Banshee can save her time from pile-driving the bad members out of existence here at ATS, and focus more on pile-driving the crap out of some REAL people!

[edit on 4/4/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Edit:
And hey....now Banshee can save her time from pile-driving the bad members out of existence here at ATS, and focus more on pile-driving the crap out of some REAL people!

[edit on 4/4/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

I would perfer to see a smurf toss done ....I have never seen that before and well I just gotta know .....how does a little blue creature toss a full grown person anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I just have to echo what others have said and agree that it's an excellent opportunity afforded here at ATS for senior staff members to take a break away from their management responsibilities for a while and blend back in with “the crowd”....It can only add to our unique flavor!

Can you please name those senior staff members?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

Owner, Operator: SimonGray
Community Director: SkepticOverlord
Board Administrator: Bob88
Backup Admin: William One Sac
Biz Consultant: Springer

Super Moderators:
alien
Byrd
John bull 1
Kano
Netchicken
OzChris
Shadow
TheBandit795
Thomas Crowne
ZeddicusZulZorander

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Vertu

Owner, Operator: SimonGray
Community Director: SkepticOverlord
Board Administrator: Bob88
Backup Admin: William One Sac
Biz Consultant: Springer

Super Moderators:
alien
Byrd
John bull 1
Kano
Netchicken
OzChris
Shadow
TheBandit795
Thomas Crowne
ZeddicusZulZorander

Now these are the top top people super mod and higher right.......they are the controling majority right?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That's right. Probably they have real names, and phone numbers, too. Because the nicknames and E-mail addresses may no longer be credible.

Possible?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Skeptic has pretty much said it all...

I'm glad to see the Admin here respect those who step down. Most places I've seen if you 'quit' then you get treated badly and are pretty much cast out of the community.
It's good to see the staff here are understanding of these things.

Actually, many of us have tried to step down at times for the same reasons SO mentioned, but usually, we just take a short hiatus and come back fresh (as I expect many of our members do also). (as we're hounded by the other mods not to quit, hehe...)
These two received the same such hounding believe me...
But yeah, we've all been there...and we respect their wishes.

We (or at least I) mod here because we love the site, and it's a labor of love. Sure, it can be fun at times (and often is), but it's also a lot of work. You'd be surprised at how much and the variety of issues that crop up. Still, good luck to them, and glad we'll be seeing them around still.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join