It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What? Slow News day I guess..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
CNN.com's BREAKING NEWS ticker at the top reports:

"Prince Charles' office says his wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles will be moved to Saturday instead of Friday because of pope's funeral. Details soon."

Is it just me, or does mean absolutely nothing to anybody? Slow news day? Maybe CNN could report about the gun battles going on in Saudi Arabia, or the devastation in the Sudan. How about the Indonesia earthquake?

But "Breaking News" is Prince Charles wedding being moved back?

Man o man we are being fed some spoon fed garbage. Why do we put up with this?

What about the war? Oil for food scandal? Taiwan? North Korea? Lebanon?

If this doesnt convince people that we are being blinded, then I dont know what will...

[edit on 4-4-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They took the ticker down already.

www.cnn.com...

But for that even to be there. BAH, how stupid do they think we are?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
CNN.com's BREAKING NEWS ticker at the top reports:

"Prince Charles' office says his wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles will be moved to Saturday instead of Friday because of pope's funeral. Details soon."

If this doesnt convince people that we are being blinded, then I dont know what will...

skipptjc, blinded by CNN probably. (not you)

Sanc'.
edit:context

[edit on 4-4-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

skipptjc, blinded by CNN probably. (not you)

Sanc'.
edit:context

My point is, this totally convinces me that there is a campaign of distraction going on. How many "fools" right now are talking and thinking about this instead of real news due to agencies like CNN showing this as "BEARKING NEWS" and all but ignoring the real stuff. The stuff that actually affects our lives.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Its a 'human interest story', the idea is that us lowly plebs care more about the activities of celebrities and inbred royals than we do about the real world.

It makes the news like that because sadly more people care about Charles and his new horse/wife than they do about real events. Just look at the sales of tabloids and celebrity gossip when compared to sales of 'proper' broadsheet newspapers.

CNN and other newsites respond to public demand and the public demands crap they can understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, CNN isn't the greatest news source around. I can't really say anything though since my favorite FOX has turned itself into a 24 hour papist mouthpiece since the death of JPII. :shk:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think its great to report it, but BREAKING NEWS?

SHEEPLE we are, its our own fault.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

skippytjc, obviously you are smart enough to notice this. Unfortunately the majority are not.

George Orwell aka Eric Arthur Blair is worth a search regarding media and general thinking of the populace.

Sanc'.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And that's just the way THEY like it.

Don't anyone expect to get the reallly important news through the mainstream media...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This post was originally posted on ATS Other News board, but was moved here.

But a curiousity: If CNN thought this news was "hot" enough for a "BREAKING NEWS" ticker, then why would it need to be moved here? Isnt it major news?

new topics

top topics

join