It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice for EUROPE Mate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Im leaving Australia in Sept to go backpacking thruogh Europe, and hopefully Russia.
And even if i have enough dosh, stop off in NYC ( more a trip than a stop off) just to see the city..before it burns and is demolished.

With all the backpack, touristy type books about europe, all the websites i have visited,. NONE of them really give me ideas and details on some sties i want to go see!

IE Austwich, Hitlers Eagles Nest, MT Pompeii,

Its all Paris, Effiel Tower, Berlin wall the really well known stuff ya know.
I wanna see the stuff thats outta the way.

I'd luv just to get everyones thoughts and idea's on Europe.
Good places to stay, good sites to see,
hints n tips.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Come to Croatia mate. We're used to Australians. You'll love it there
This is and
are the islands that I am from. Although I spent all my time on the first one.
You should visit cities like Dubrovnik

Split and

Zadar

Come climb the velebit mountian
Which apparently has the worlds deepest whole.

And a whole bunch of other things you can do while staying there.

[edit on 4/4/2005 by Croat56]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Oh and if your religiouse, then you would want to check out Medjugorije Its in Herzegovina. Which should be a part of Croatia anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I always been told about croatia..
what was teh deal with the war back then, with bosnia or waht not?
Im usually up to speed on most wars, area's and causes but the bosnian conflict isnt something i hear alot about.

do you get many backpackers there?
I currently work for the stock excahgne doing IT..
is IT a growing workforce there?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
I always been told about croatia..
what was teh deal with the war back then, with bosnia or waht not?
Im usually up to speed on most wars, area's and causes but the bosnian conflict isnt something i hear alot about.

do you get many backpackers there?
I currently work for the stock excahgne doing IT..
is IT a growing workforce there?

Well the war started because when the Berlin wall and communism fell. We wanted to become our own country. So we had elections and we and slovenia decided to leave. The serbs( Who had taken control of the army and government) did not want us to leave because hey without us theyre nothing. So they started theyre greater serbia campaign which was them trying to take all of our land and killing every1 who was already there. They made many concentration camps(or as they call them detention camps) and there are sadly still mass graves being uncovered. When we were able to gain our independece they started a campaign against Bosnia and Herzegovina which also wanted to leave. Now everything is okay and has been rebuilt. Then they later tried to kill all the albanians in Kosovo. Then Clinton stepped in with his F-117 nighthawks and did something.

We get plenty of tourists, infact it was voted number 1 tourist location on Earth and I could barely get tickets this year.

Im not to sure about the stock exchange though.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you make it to Germany, I can suggest a few places...I lived there for a little over three years and got the chance to see quite a bit of Europe....

Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Absoultely gorgous little city that's quite, peaceful and full of fun things to do....They have the most amazing Medieval Crime Museum - lots of pain and torture devices!!

Worms/Mannheim...

Mannheim is actually where I lived, and Worms is right down the road....Famous for their cathedral...Some people say "once you've seen one you've seen them all"....I say "BAAH" to them!!

If you like taking a stroll in parks or riding your bike (make sure to have a bell) then Mannheim has a couple excellent nature parks that are absolutely beautiful and cover a huge amount of space....Watch out for the old naked ladies sun-bathing

There's also this great restaurant about 15K down the road on the outskirts of Heidelberg called "Das Kartoffelhaus " - They bring you a hot rock and some seasonings, and you cook your own steak at the table - You also get a friggin monster potato (Kartoffel) you can get topped with all these incredible sauces...

I miss Europe
Have fun man!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
check "Lake Constance" in Germany near the border to Switzerland!

my home dude

...next "big" city from my home...check "Constance"

thats the "famous" "Imperia" she´s spins the whole day

and check Switzerland! Basel a "must-see"

best wishes

dacruz

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If you like backpacking, why go that far? You have, right there in your backyard, New Zealand, which is supposed to be the most beautiful country in the world, Milford Track, which they say is the most spectacular trail in the whole world, in the fjordland of the Southern Island.

But if you must go to the antipodes, why not go on a cruise up Sogne Fjord, the longest of the Norwegian fjords. It starts in Bergen and takes about five days.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
pop into portugals algarve......ill buy you a beer!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
all those places are so beautiful, I like the pristine waters in croatia...

anybody else got any pics?!

so so beautiful and rich in history.. love the architecture of those old buildings..

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Skip the UK, it's dull and hypocritical and not much barwork

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Visit Portugal

Architetural sights

Coimbra

Tower of Belem

Tomar

Roman Temple to the Goddess Diana

Porto aka Oprto