It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ukrainian Cabinet Officer's Death Ruled Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
On March 4th, Ukraine's interior minister Yuri Kravchenko was found dead of two gunshots to the head. Ukrainian Security Service chief Oleksander Turchynov told reporters today that "There is no other version but suicide". Kravchenko's death occurred just hours before he was scheduled to testify on the murder of journalist Georgiy Gongadze in 2000. He left a suicide note blaming the murder on former President Leonid Kuchma.

news.bbc.co.uk
Ukraine's security service chief has said the death of former Interior Minister Yuri Kravchenko last month was almost certainly suicide.

Kravchenko was found dead with two gunshot wounds to the head on 4 March in his country house outside Kiev.

Kravchenko left a suicide note blaming former President Leonid Kuchma for Gongadze's death, Ukraine's investigators say. They say in the note he described himself as "a victim of the intrigues of Kuchma and his entourage".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While the official story isn't completely absurd, I am somewhat surprised that he managed to shoot himself twice in the head. That makes me wonder, did he kill himself because he was about to confess to involvement, or was he killed because he was about to deny it? The testimony in the note is sure to play an important role in this case which Victor Yuschenko has promised to solve. What if the note was planted to say something that they desperately needed Kravchenko to say?

[edit on 3-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yep, that's the Russian method of assassination...I mean suicide. They know that one bullet might not do the trick...so they shoot themselves again....

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I bet I could shoot myself 2 times in the head. For 20 bucks I'll prove it.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder about many of the deaths by other means as well. Poisons aren't much in the news anymore but I'll bet they still happen.

2 shots- boy that first one must have really hurt.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
I sometimes wonder about many of the deaths by other means as well. Poisons aren't much in the news anymore but I'll bet they still happen.

2 shots- boy that first one must have really hurt.

Victor Yushchenko was poisoned, and that wasn't too long ago.... The opposition of Yushenko, was the Kremlin/Putin backed candidate Yanukovich.

I find it extremely coincidental that so many people in power in the former Russian states are being targeted in one way or the other because they want to completly be independent from the Kremlin....and because they are more pro-democratic than the Kremlin/Putin would like them to be...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
uh... double barreled? That could explain the two gunshots. Or the first one was a trick shot and he was able to pulled the trigger again before it hit.

or maybe it was similar to how Samurai do it, if one is commiting seppeku there is a 2nd ready to chop off his head in case he hesitates. and decided to shoot him again jsut to make sure he stayed dead

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

On March 4th, Ukraine's interior minister Yuri Kravchenko was found dead of two gunshots to the head. Ukrainian Security Service chief Oleksander Turchynov told reporters today that "There is no other version but suicide".

Hmmm...New Security Service chief rules Kravchenko's death a suicide?
Could it then just be a coincidence that the 'Melnychenko tapes' pointed directly at Kuchma, Kravchenko and Leonid Derkach, then head of the State Security Service (SBU), when it came to the disappearance of Gongadze and the ensuing cover-up. I think not.

new topics

top topics

join