It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird....About demons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just last week I wasn't a member but I stumbled on Vash's topic about demons and how they protected him and whatnot. I read on and got some very useful information. For some reason every time I read something true and scary at the same time I get chills down my spine and feel like somethings watching me, now I always look over my shoulder (even now!) But then I exited my web browser and logged on to Skype (messaging program similar to AIM) and the message that pops up on the side of my screen is by my friend saying: Your Soul Is Mine. Ok I clicked on it and it showed the previous messages by my friend and the one just sent to me wasnt there. He wasnt even online! So then I started praying and asking jesus to save me, and his power made my scared feelings go away! It was a great experiance. The same thing happened earlier that week when it felt like a invisible dagger kept stabbing me in my shoulder, then i prayed...it stopped. And later on it felt like something stabbed in my stomach, so I pretended to grab the invivible pain and threw it to the floor and it all felt like it was real the pain went away when I grabbed the dagger! But then it came back and I prayed and eventually it went away. I am just recently christian, i dont even know if im considered that but I like to think so. Anyway. Any ideas on whats going on?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My opinion is that evil doesn't like to lose to good. So, you giving your life over to God at this point has probably proved evil things to try and get you back for lack of a better way of putting it.

I have friends who have asked "Why me, when I try to live my life well?! Why do bad people not get punished?" when bad things happen. The only answer I can come up with, is evil already has those that are bad. They want the bad to stay complacent. They don't need to push them toward anything. They are already there. Those that are with God, are targets. They are tempted, pushed, made to question. Evil doesn't like to loose

Yes, God will stop the attacks. Pray often. Pray alot. Being a new Christian they are probably just trying to pull out all the stops while you are still vulnerable.

I hope this makes some sense, as it is not easy for me to put into words

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see, but I am much more mentally capable than the demons. Or maybe not, all I know is I'm not that ignorant to the "paranormal" and it's not a big deal. They can scare all they want but I have enough stregnth, they WILL give up. One way...or another

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Psycic attack?

Feeling of inpendant doom lurking yet only manifest through you and your belief in it? Disbelive it, its the thing that works for me at least.

Phone your pal that supposedly sent you the message and at least idly chat. I went through it in my thread about panick attacks, you control it.

They can't do anything unless you allow it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
you control it is right! Deamons = real but what about angels? I find now a days people tend to give more asumed power to darker forces naturally. We tend to confuse the concept of compassion and forgiveness, in angelic entities, with weakness to the awesome power of violance. Fact is in that grace, darker forces are stunned for a responce. Praying is an inaction of your minds power to allow forgivness and love to wash violance from a stance of power.

I find the best way to beat the deamons (of which i have many, terrifiing, experiances) Is to laugh.

Not at them, but with them in thier weak, ego drivin attempts to find a better way than love and compassion. Everybody wants to create something new. something better, even deamons.

You just gotta see the angelic blade for the awe inspiring power that it is. If you haven't seen Kung-fu Hustle GO GET IT.... NOW!

You understand though, i'm not too worried

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This still does not make ANY sense. Why in the hell would a demon want to scare you BACK to God, unless he was doing God's work?!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There's always the possibility that this phenomenon isn't related to Vash's topic at all... It could be something else entirely. I do think you're controlling it, though... Do you think that by focusing on demons so frequently, you could have simply attracted them to yourself? You need to focus on other things to make it go away. It WANTS your attention.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
This still does not make ANY sense. Why in the hell would a demon want to scare you BACK to God, unless he was doing God's work?!

They want to make you think you're not strong enough, that they can get you when they want you and try to convince you that God 'ain't strong enough'. It's a tactic to shake a person free from faith in God.

Spazzymaggie, this I can talk about. Just because you've won the war, doesn't mean the enemy is defeated. They'll use gateways such as fear, hate, anger, jealousy, etc. to come back in and strike whenever possible.

Feel free to U2U me spazzymaggie, I could share some experience that may help. I was silenced for 15 years from mentioning God because of upcroppings of "I'm still here" and "you know you're not rid of me, right?" type of stuff. The "Your Soul is Mine" defiance of physics (though explainable by skeptics) sounds a little familiar.

Also check with doc. about stabbing pains if they persist. Prayer can physically make pains go away but it never hurts to be sure. If doc. gives you an all clear, then it takes any physical issues out of the equation.

Kudos llpoolej, well said.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Radardog, evil tries to push you AWAY from God. To lead you to believe he does not care about you. That there are no rewards for you. That is is a useless battle.

Funny, the worse things get in my life, the more I turn to God and I can feel a calming peace. God doesn't promise that your life will be easy if you believe in him, just that you will have eternal life.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yes, yes. I'm sure coming up to a poor young girl dressed up as a hideous beast is sure to drive a wedge between that girl and God. Do you really think that this is the case?

Saint, not to sound sarcastic, but assuming you believe in God, and that you believe that God is all powerful, then how does satan stand a chance in hell (pun intended) to convince you otherwise by scaring you? Do you really think such an act would change you preconceptions about satan, or strengthen your preconceptions about your faith? The latter, as we see in these forums, is almost always the case!

No, no, no.

A smart, rational, reasonable satan and his minnions would do something entirely different. He would use deceptions in such a way where he had people worshipping other than God (re: antichrist). Afterall, it seems to be much easier converting people to another God than converting people to atheism. He would send men deceptions of angels or influence their reasoning abilities to start new religions (mormons, protestants, et al?).

Think about it people! Satan didn't have Eve eat the apple by scaring her, or hurting her! Nor did he say, "Eat this or I will torment you!" Do you want to know what he did to influence the actions of humans? (I bolded interesting parts)

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. "

That's it! Satan doomed mankind with a simple lie. No horned beasts, no torture, no doom and gloom -- just a simple conversation with Eve. Fancy that!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Radardog, I don't think I am expressing what I am trying to say well.

Demons don't SCARE you away from God. They LURE you away. However it seems to work best on you.

Let me try and explain better. Person A is a really mean person. They think of no one but themself. They care about no one but themself. Things always seem to go well for them. They seem to do well in spite of being an ugly person.

Person B tries to do the right things. They give a little to God, but are kinda wish washy about it all. Really fairly decent person. Always seems to be something going wrong in their life. They beloved pets keep dying, money issues ect;

Person A doesn't search for anything more because their life is easy. It is all good. They have their stuff and not too many trials. Evil wins here as they keep themself away from God due to complacency.

Person B is being quietly attacked in ways to drive them toward depression. Toward hopelessness. Not a man in a red suit going Raaarh! Their depression makes them feel alone and unloved. They feel abandoned by God. Why doesn't he come in and help them??? That is the thought process

In my opinion, it is the subtleties of demons that are the most frightening. The most effective. God is always there, but he won't force you to come to him. Demons do all they can to try and drive a wedge between you and God

Hope that makes more sense. If it doesn't, I will just chalk it up to my inability to get my point across clearly!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
llpoolej, I think you are illustrating my point. Both person A and B did not have the experiences that people here attribute to demons (ugly beast, hurtful, tormenting, etc.). If a demon is going to lure you away, it is a bit obvious both fright and pain are not the direct method of attack.

It's more subtle, as I bolded, and as you mention.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Right, you are at much more risk of losing your soul to "evil" by that which is subtle than that which is seen

I do think Demons have a good time playing with people and scaring them. They way that mean people have with scaring kids and animals. I also think if they can possess you, they will. Which the scaring and such may be where the frightening experiences come from.

I have had frightening experiences. Mainly when my faith is low. I think it is leaves one more accessible. What is more fun than to go pick on someone who has allowed themselves to be vulnerable?(at least from a demon standpoint) Or lets go get that one last shot in on that chick who is going toward God. She deserves it.

Does that make sense??

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by velouria3
There's always the possibility that this phenomenon isn't related to Vash's topic at all... It could be something else entirely. I do think you're controlling it, though... Do you think that by focusing on demons so frequently, you could have simply attracted them to yourself? You need to focus on other things to make it go away. It WANTS your attention.

I havnt been focusing on them, but the attacks are gone now anyway. PRobably because I dont care how powerful they are, I just dont care about them. Sometimes I like to mock them

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

They want to make you think you're not strong enough, that they can get you when they want you and try to convince you that God 'ain't strong enough'. It's a tactic to shake a person free from faith in God.

Spazzymaggie, this I can talk about. Just because you've won the war, doesn't mean the enemy is defeated. They'll use gateways such as fear, hate, anger, jealousy, etc. to come back in and strike whenever possible.

Feel free to U2U me spazzymaggie, I could share some experience that may help. I was silenced for 15 years from mentioning God because of upcroppings of "I'm still here" and "you know you're not rid of me, right?" type of stuff. The "Your Soul is Mine" defiance of physics (though explainable by skeptics) sounds a little familiar.

Also check with doc. about stabbing pains if they persist. Prayer can physically make pains go away but it never hurts to be sure. If doc. gives you an all clear, then it takes any physical issues out of the equation.

Kudos llpoolej, well said.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by saint4God]

This incident has made me a better person also. Whenever I am about to do something or say something bad I think of what is making me do this and I realize it and smile as I shrugg off my bad idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej

I do think Demons have a good time playing with people and scaring them. They way that mean people have with scaring kids and animals. I also think if they can possess you, they will. Which the scaring and such may be where the frightening experiences come from.

No, not really. Pushing someone towards God (biblically) is against their interest. They want your soul. It'd be like a human that wants his dog to be healthy, yet beats it everyday just because he can. Does that make sense? No, not really.

Look at maggie and others, when they talk about the result of these bad experiences with "demons." Notice how they have become more faithful, or claim to have become better people? Could it be that it is God that inspires the attributes instead of demons?

I again post an analogy, humans are sheep to God the shepard. However, most good shepards keep dogs around to make sure his flock doesn't go astray. Could these experiences be what we see as these dogs barking at us, scaring us into the direction the shepard wants to take us? It's not that hard to imagine, especially with all the sheep-shepard-follower imagery we see in the bible.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Stay strong. The power (Christ) that now resides in you will protect you from harm.

Satan doesn't need to reveal himself to the ones (non beleivers) that are already damned. There is a fight going on and Christ is now in control since you asked for His help. Spend more time researching Gods love and protection over you and pray daily, He won't let you down.

But if one tampers with the occult ( open it's doors to your life in any little way ) it's makes it easy for the demons to opress or posses. Once invited in who knows what harm they could do.

I'm a christian and ended up marrying another christain ironically that was once involved in the occult. I can tell you by experience that once they (the demons) have had a hold on your life it's a real fight to get rid of them. It was by persistant prayer, worship and learning Gods promises in His word that they finally have no stronghold over my wife.

Praise the Lord !

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1Peter 5:7

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
my sister-in-law has had a similar experience, she has recently become a christian and was very upset to encounter what she can only describe as a demon, she finally told some people at her bible study group and they explained that when you give your life over to god, the devil/demons try to test you and shake your faith

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes, yes. I'm sure coming up to a poor young girl dressed up as a hideous beast is sure to drive a wedge between that girl and God. Do you really think that this is the case?

Saint, not to sound sarcastic, but assuming you believe in God, and that you believe that God is all powerful, then how does satan stand a chance in hell (pun intended) to convince you otherwise by scaring you? Do you really think such an act would change you preconceptions about satan, or strengthen your preconceptions about your faith? The latter, as we see in these forums, is almost always the case!

Scare tactics are there to evoke fear. This is a gateway that he can work within. I like to think I have a strong faith but when his voice tells you you're not rid of him, your first reaction is not, "Joy! Sounds like evil is doing well these days!" It takes time and energy to force it back out of your life. The more time I spend in fear and trying to absolve it, the less time I have to help others. He knows that. Like you said, he's pretty sharp. It's a red-tape tactic and it works.

No, no, no.

Just telling you what I know, know, know happened.

A smart, rational, reasonable satan and his minnions would do something entirely different. He would use deceptions in such a way where he had people worshipping other than God (re: antichrist). Afterall, it seems to be much easier converting people to another God than converting people to atheism. He would send men deceptions of angels or influence their reasoning abilities to start new religions (mormons, protestants, et al?).

Yes, he does this too, I've fallen prey to it and it's harder to get out of. You're limiting Satan to one tactic. He can attack on many, many different angles. He's smarter than I am, he knows what works, and I have no chance of beating him on my own.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.

Yeah God made him. He made me too but I don't hold that against him
. He loves me anyway though. I, though, am not God. Satan though, is not God. See how that works?

Yes, Satan can be subtle. Yes, God can be subtle (1 Kings 19:9 - 13). God can scribe rock with lighting. Satan can destroy my marriage. So what? Just because they know how to use power doesn't make them the same. God is good, Satan is evil. This is how one can tell them apart.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
get lots of therapy, if you need a good psycologists email me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join