It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty much decided on my college

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Howdy, everyone. Long time no post.

Anyway, for all who are interested. I'm more than likely going to be attending LSU. My number 1 choice was Tulane University but, since my parents and I cannot afford $40,000 a year, that was out of the question.

Louisiana State University offered me a full tuition scholarship ($12000) so basically, all I'd have to pay is room and board ($5,888). So, it looks like I'm going to go there starting this fall. Probably going to double major, but not quite sure in what yet. Political Science + Journalism is what I'm leaning most heavily towards, as I plan to go to Law School afterwards and both of those majors will help immensely.

For those curious, my ultimate goal is to become an FBI Special Agent.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Cutwolf]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds like you really are working hard to get where you want to be,

Very good to see and i wish you all the luck,

Asala

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
LSU is cool, but it's shame you couldn't get your first choice. I know more about Tulane campus, people and area "attractions" than a man my age probably should.

The campus IT Director is a dirty SOB, and a good friend of mine.

I think he's the IT Director??? He runs... uh, nevermind.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
LSU is cool, but it's shame you couldn't get your first choice. I know more about Tulane campus, people and area "attractions" than a man my age probably should.

The campus IT Director is a dirty SOB, and a good friend of mine.

I think he's the IT Director??? He runs... uh, nevermind.

I toyed with the idea of taking out the ~25-30,000 per year in loans that it would take for me to be able to afford Tulane, but thats a minimum of $100,000 debt. 90 minutes (LSU's distance from New Orleans) is not worth $100,000. I should be coming out of LSU debt free.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oh no doubt you're making the right decision.

Unless they come off the Internet or out of Ivy League pretty much all undergrad degrees are the same. Some just cost more.

Good call.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Oh no doubt you're making the right decision.

Unless they come off the Internet or out of Ivy League pretty much all undergrad degrees are the same. Some just cost more.

Good call.

Are you attending a school in the area?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf

Are you attending a school in the area?

Oh no, I just used to party your way alot.

I'm old.

Went to a state school in NC in '87. This was when tuition anywhere like UNC Chapel Hill or NC State or ASU Appalachian was like $400 a semester.

Aint "progress" grand?

top topics

join