It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Banning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hope this won't be locked...

But I would like to share my thoughts on this, I noticed there is excessive banning going around.

We are losing alot of interesting memebers contributing to this board, maybe the first time someone get's banned it's only for a few weeks? and later if they persist to be abusive they get banned?

It's quite sad people like Lizzardsamok and more recently James_Blonde were both banned.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Could you please use the suggestion box?

[edit on 3-4-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have only been here for a little while but I see the same pattern you are bringing to light.

James Blonde was banned? BS !!!!!!!!

Both lizzards amok, and James Blonde were the most intelectual people I was able to discuss issues with here online.

One after one they get banned.

Yet people who flame and call names, are allowed to remain. WHy is that?

Sometimes I wonder if Top secret is nto a part of it all.

They allow the typical BS, yet when an intellectual, and opposing side is brought to the table, they are banned within a few days......coincidence.............I think not!!!!

Seriously mods, or members...what is the deal with this site ?.....There seesm to be two seperate agendas at play here.

If I am mistaken then by all means prove me wrong.......Just doesn't seem like the case soo far

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I personally feel that JamesBlonde deserved to be banned.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have only been here for a littel while yet I NEVER saw ANYTHING that would warrant JamesBlonde being banned.

Give me Specific examlples of flaming, or disinformation....and I will agree.

I have seen neither

what I have seen is a trend that all people here who speak the truth get banned, which makes me think this is more of an illuminati controlled sight than previously imagined.

Once again why was he banned? Please change my mind, I LONG to be wrong

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

this is a problem that a lot people want answers to...

besides, isn't the suggestions anonymous???

how could the original poster get his / her answer this way???

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most people just check "yes" without reading them.

People aren't banned arbitrarilly, there is a reason, sometimes it's not clear to members as it can be behind the scenes, ie: abusive u2u's.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

this is a problem that a lot people want answers to...

besides, isn't the suggestions anonymous???

how could the original poster get his / her answer this way???

Then you, use this smarty pants.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You cant demand answers, period.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Then you, use this smarty pants.

thanks...

i AM smart...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This still has not brought to light the supposed reasons why Jamesblonde was banned

Please give me examples. As I have seen NOTHING to warrant his banning.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The mods have said before they don't want to get into a habit of explaining why people were banned or debating it with other members. This is a private site and mods don't need to post reasons for banning people.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
This still has not brought to light the supposed reasons why Jamesblonde was banned

Why do you feel an explanation is owed to you?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Blonde was causing problems on an ATSNN news thread where I specifically indicated "DO NOT VOTE".
His actions were causing problems with the programming I was writing, giving me false errors, so to get rid of the pest, I banned him.

Why should we retain people who like to play such games?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
People aren't banned arbitrarilly, there is a reason, sometimes it's not clear to members as it can be behind the scenes, ie: abusive u2u's.

I think that's an answer of sorts. Mods and members usually refrain from discussing the reasons for banning, because frankly, it's not up for debate.

Privately owned..yadda yadda..reserve the right..blah blah blah...

You KNOW this, I know you know this. We all know this. It's just part of the contract you sign with ATS when you join. They can kick you out for anything, because we don't own this board. We are the members, but not the owners. We make it shine, but they make it work. So...yield the right of way.

I understand wanting to know, believe me I understand that urge perfectly...

But in the case of banned members, illuminations by the staff INVARIABLY promote more prying questions, more remarks, more drama.

And that's the LAST thing this board needs to be receiving in wholesale.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Why do you feel an explanation is owed to you?

Perhaps that is a bit presumptuous, and you are correct NO ONE DESERVES AN EXPLANATION . But I as well as others, are here for understanding, and when you can not give a definitive reason, than you should not be surprised when some of us with higher intelligence choose to question your "supreme authority".

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Perhaps that is a bit presumptuous, and you are correct NO ONE DESERVES AN EXPLANATION . But I as well as others, are here for understanding, and when you can not give a definitive reason, than you should not be surprised when some of us with higher intelligence choose to question your "supreme authority".

Damn, is Mensa on line tonight? C'mon man, the member to staff ratio is more than 1/1000 and having to justify ourselves is not only counter-productive, it's ill advised. I'm would have though someone with "higher intelligence" could have gotten to this eventuallity without the drama.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Blonde was causing problems on an ATSNN news thread where I specifically indicated "DO NOT VOTE".
It was causing problems with the programming I was writing, so to get rid of the pest, I banned him.

Why should we retain people who like to play such games?

Hey JESUS, I am not tring to say that you do not have a reason, could you just do us "regular" folks a favour and explain to us mere mortals why you make the decisions you do in your infintie wisdom? Is that soo hard to ask?

Some of us , as hard as it is to believe, did actually enjoy peoples like James blondes contributions. And those same folks in their inherent inferiority do not understand your decisions.

Smarting off ain't too smart after all

[edit on 4-4-2005 by alien]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hey JESUS, I am not tring to say that you do not have a reason, could you just do us "regular" folks a favour and explain to us mere mortals why you make the decisions you do in your infintie wisdom? Is that soo hard to ask?

See my post above yours.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Especially when you allow the likes of Jakko, and such to spread his vitriolic bs!

Please help me to understand, as I am obviously inferior to your moderator superiority.

Being a Smart Arse gets you banned

[edit on 4-4-2005 by alien]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join