It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Yucca Mountain probe focuses on possibly faked data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Recently revealed emails by government scientists on the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump project may have been a plan to fabricate data and records. The fabrication and data manipulation was aimed at ensuring specific outcomes to help the project move forward. The Energy and Interior departments as well as the FBI are conducting investigations.

www.msnbc.msn.com
WASHINGTON - E-mails by several government scientists on the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump project suggest workers were planning to fabricate records and manipulate results to ensure outcomes that would help the project move forward.

“I don’t have a clue when these programs were installed. So I’ve made up the dates and names,” wrote a U.S. Geological Survey employee in one e-mail released Friday by a congressional committee investigating suspected document falsification on the project.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Until the data is proven to have been wholly falsified Yucca Mountain remains the best place to store out nuclear waste. Until we get a full investigation into this its all speculation. Maybe the QA process was so onerous that people as they are wont to do started taking shortcuts. It could be anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
last time I made up the date for something like that was 4th grade history class. The teacher wasn't impressed... the taxpayers shouldn't be either.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I heard that this USGS guy admitted that he had two separate files, one that contained real data and one that had all the falsified data.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Who's in charge?

This 'stuff' started in 2002- how is it going to be linked to Clinton? There has to be a way.

I wonder what happened to WIP in New Mexico, it was supposed to be THE repository.

top topics

join