It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien communication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There's a lot of talk about governments collaborating with aliens, etc., and I'm just wondering how would they communicate? Do the aliens speak whatever language the government speaks? Do government agencies learn alien language? Sign language? Telepathy?

Same for other claims of aliens making contact with humans with communication involved. I often read "had conversations with aliens," "spoke to aliens," etc., and none of them ever says how they managed to do that

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
telepathy, some kind of universal translating device(?). Who knows? I've never talked to one, when I do I will tell ya!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Surely there is an online translator somewhere?

I would suspect that if it was happening then it would probably be through telepathy. Although think about how you would speak to a stranger in another country whose language you don't know, you'd probably use symbols and pictures a lot.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would say all of the above...

I dont think it would be that hard to find a way for two smart creatures to communicate.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm sure that who ever communicates with ETs within the government has learned how to do so over the many decades of time since first contact. I would guess that at first it was hard to communicate. But I'm sure that after a while they figured something out that works.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
While I dont believe in the whole aliens working with the government thing, I can theorize how communucation between humans and an extra-terrestrial species could be achieved:

Telepathy: (As stated above), telepathy would be a good way of communication, the only negative things are that
1. You would have to be able to control what thoughts you sent, and which ones you blocked.
2. The percent of the human populace on earth, that can communicate telepathicly is very small.

Translator computer: Either instintaneous or having a small delay time, this would work well, unfortunatly it to has its share of faults, these being:
1. Not being able to translate large dialogues at a fast enough pace to keep up with the two beings speaking.
2. It very well may translate things wrong.

Live translator: A person translating for two languages would be good, the only down falls are:
1. Will have to learn one of the languages, which takes time.
2. May consciously or sub-consciously not say everything.

A universal language: This would be the best choice, since it would alow both parties to speak the same language without interferance, the one and only negative aspect, is the time to learn it.

Based on the theories I have provided, I would theorize that they would communicate via a universal language, such as one based on mathematics or frequencies.

top topics

join