It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pope - Historical Moment ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I was wondering if the death of the Pope John Paul II may bring the world to a new an Historical moment.

According to St. Malachy's Prophecy the next Pope will be called "Olive's Glory", this may be for two reasons...either the next Pope will be Italian ( Olive is Rome's Symbol), or he will be from the Order of St. Benedict, known as The "Olivetans" = "Olive's Glory".

Now, at this moment there are TWO Cardinals from the Benedict order. One is Italian the other is Nigerian.

So i was wondering, if it wouldnt be at the Vaticans best Political/Financial interest to elct the first African(Black) Pope in history.
This would porbably bring the Vatican and the UN even closer together for future plans ..........

Olive's Glory

Any comments on this?

[edit on 3-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
Now, at this moment there are TWO Cardinals from the Benedict order. One is Italian the other is Nigerian.

Do you know their names?

Also i read that the olive branch is an emblem of the Jews so the next pope could be an ex-Jew

www.bibleprobe.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Maybe the new pope will tell of the secrets that the vatican holds. Let the truth be known. Paul II may have done some good things for humanity but he has done many evil (as christians call it) things as well. The vatican and it's gov't is very devious and corrupt.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
the Italian Benedict cardinal is :

Dionigi Tettamanzi
The archbishop of Genoa is highly favored in Italy. Elevated to cardinal in 1998, Tettamanzi is another relatively new member of the Sacred College. He is regarded as a moderate who may be able to mediate between liberals and conservatives.

The African Cardinal is:

Bernardin Gantin
A close friend of the pope's, Gantin is another Vatican insider. He is prefect for the Congregation of Bishops and dean of the College of Cardinals. He was born in Benin, Africa, and, like Arinze, may find his chances diminished by his non-European origin.

The Ex-Jewish Cardinal is :

Jean-Marie Lustiger
Archbishop of Paris, Lustiger was born of a Polish Jewish family in France. After his parents were deported during the Nazi occupation, he lived with a Christian family in Orléans and converted to Catholicism at the age of 13. He has been criticized by Israeli rabbis and may be a long shot if the cardinals decide his nomination would anger the Jewish community.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for that BaastetNoir

Didn't Jean-Marie Lustiger retire?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Didnt it say somewhere that our next pope will, "have a name the likes of which has never been heard before," or something like that?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru

i dont think so, but i found his BIO

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru

i dont think so, but i found his BIO

en.wikipedia.org...

He retired as archbishop of Paris, does that mean he could still be the next pope?

Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger, a confidant of Pope John Paul II and a Jewish convert to Catholicism who lost his mother at Auschwitz, has retired as archbishop of Paris at age 78.
Source

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Everyone thinks the term means someone with dark skin.

The forerunner for the papacy is an italian. His name is Dionigri or some such. Nigri means something like dark/black in latin (vaguely anyway), and Dio is like deus/zeus/theo/god.

So, not matter who gets elected, the prophecy is fulfiled....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
well... the "Black God" sure sounds like something ready to open the doors of the Vatican to the "underworld"....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I was wondering if the death of the Pope John Paul II may bring the world to a new an Historical moment.

According to St. Malachy's Prophecy the next Pope will be called "Olive's Glory", this may be for two reasons...either the next Pope will be Italian ( Olive is Rome's Symbol), or he will be from the Order of St. Benedict, known as The "Olivetans" = "Olive's Glory".

So i was wondering, if it wouldnt be at the Vaticans best Political/Financial interest to elct the first African(Black) Pope in history.
This would porbably bring the Vatican and the UN even closer together for future plans ..........

Olive's Glory

Any comments on this?

Actually there have been three (3) black Popes.
To be more correct, this would be the first black Pope, in 1400 years.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Waaa?

What other black popes have there been???

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Waaa?

good question ... i never heard of any black Pope either, i dont see how the Vatican would have had any African Pope 400 years ago, to be honest i dont even think they are ready for that now ...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If a black man is voted as the next Pope, he would be the first black pope of "Modern Times" officially.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Victor 1
Miltiades
Gelasius

All African, it is unknown their colour.

The Benedictine order is considered the order of the black monks, therefore any benedictine selection would in essence be hailed as having fulfilled the prophecy.

edit oto add; There have been 20 Popes from this order.

[edit on 4/6/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Waaa?

There were three African Popes who came from the region of North Africa. Although there are no authentic portraits of these popes, there are drawings and references in the Catholic Encyclopedia as to their being of African background. The names of the Three African Popes are: Victor (183-203 A.D.), Gelasius (492-496 A.D.), and Mechiades or Militiades (311-314 A.D.). All are saints.

Pope Saint Victor 1

Saint Victor was born in Africa and bore a Latin name as most African did at that time. Saint Victor was the fifteenth pope and a native of black Africa. He served from 186 A.D. until 197 A.D. He served during the reign of Emperor Septimus Severus, also African, who had led Roman legions in Britain. Some of the known contributions of Victor were his reaffirming the holy feast of Easter to be held on Sunday as Pius has done. As a matter of fact, he called Theophilous, Bishop of Alexandria, on the carpet for not doing this. He also condemned and excommunicated Theodore of Byzantium because of the denial of the divinity of Jesus Christ. He added acolytes to the attendance of the clergy. He was crowned with martyrdom. He was pope for ten years, two months and ten days. He was buried near the body of the apostle Peter, the first pope in Vatican. Some reports relate that St. Victor died in 198 A.D. of natural causes. Other accounts stated he suffered martyrdom under Servus. He is buried in St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City near the "Convessio."

Pope Saint Victor 1 feast day is July 28th.

Pope Saint Gelasius 1

Saint Gelasius was born in Rome of African parents and was a member of the Roman clergy from youth. Of the three African popes, Gelasius seems to have been the busiest. He occupied the holy papacy four years, eight months and eighteen days from 492 A.D. until 496 A.D. Gelasius followed up Militades' work with the Manicheans. He exiled them from Rome and burned their books before the doors of the basilica of the holy Mary. He delivered the city of Rome from the peril of famine. He was a writer of strong letters to people of all rank and classes. He denounced Lupercailia, a fertility rite celebration. He asked them sternly why the gods they worshipped had not provided calm seas so the grain ships could have reached Rome in time for the winter. He wrote to Femina, a wealthy woman of rank, and asked her to have the lands of St. Peter, taken by the barbarians and the Romans, be returned to the church. The lands were needed for the poor who were flocking to Rome. His theory on the relations between the Church and the state are explained in the Gelasian Letter to the Byzantine Emperor Anastasius. He was known for his austerity of life and liberality to the poor.

There is today in the library of the church at Rome a 28 chapter document on church administration and discipline. Pope Saint Gelasius 1 feast day is November 21st.

Pope Saint Miliades 1

Saint Miltiades was one of the Church's Black Popes. Militades occupied the papacy from 311 to 314 A.D. serving four years, seven months and eight days. Militiades decreed that none of the faithful should fast on Sunday or on the fifth day of the week ...because this was the custom of the pagans. He also found residing in Rome a Persian based religion call Manichaenism. He furthered decreed that consecrated offerings should be sent throughout the churches from the pope's consecration. This was call leaven. It was Militiades who led the church to final victory over the Roman Empire. Militiades was buried on the famous Appain Way.

Pope Saint Militiades feast day is December 10th.
www.nbccongress.org...

I didn't know about this until just now too...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If we go back in history, before the times of European domination and even into the first couple of centuries of the beginings of european domination, we will see that there was never the social stigma attached to peoples of different races that there is now or within the last 1200 years.
Let me state that I am a white southerner and unfortunately, I had to wait to go to college to learn what I was never taught in public school in North Carolina.
The european "race", was not the first to postulate most of the, what now is considered ground breaking, science building thought. Such as Geometry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics of astounding revelation, chemistry, Architecture. the list goes on. The first were Arab and African scholars.
I've always wondered why in the last 1200 years, it is almost taken for granted that Europeans were responsible for any of it? It simply isn't so. No matter how many rednecks want it to be.

top topics

join