It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Partial Eclipse, April 8th 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

“This eclipse will be seen as a partial eclipse from the southern half of the United States. More specifically, the eclipse will be visible from the USA south of a line extending across the nation from southernmost California to central New Jersey. No eclipse will be seen north of this line which is called the northern eclipse limit.”

More Info Here

The link goes to a page on one of NASA’s many sites, and has lots of info about this event.

This sounds very interesting, and apparently, eclipses of this type do not happen very often. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Edited: ARG! I really meant to post this in the " Space Exploration" forum. Don't suppose a MOD could move it. Sorry!

-VW

[edit on 3-4-2005 by VisionWithin]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

I note that the NASA site says that the next partial solar eclipse wont be until 2012.
(More fodder for the Mayan calendar thing again)

Here is NASA's visual aid showing where the current partial solar eclipse can be viewed.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Thanks for the heads up.

I note that the NASA site says that the next partial solar eclipse wont be until 2012.
(More fodder for the Mayan calendar thing again)

Your welcome. I accidently came across this on a website that generally doesn't post this sort of info, and I hadn't seen it anywhere else yet. I'm bummed that I wont be in the right location to see this event.

Thanks for posting that graphic. I'm still trying to get used to my new photobucket account. I really don't like that site, but oh well.

You caught that note about the next one, eh? Hehe I thought of mentioning that, but I didn't want to turn a "FYI" thread into yet another Mayan calender arguement.

-VW

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So we here in NY wont be able to see anything? That sux

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So wait those black dots mean places that will not view the eclipse? If so than I am mad I wanted to see it

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, I want to see it, but I probably won't be able to. Guess I'll have to wait to 2012.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The black dots are major cities, follow the rings to see if you are "in the zone".

I'm in Northern New Jersey, I'll miss this one, but I've seen two total lunar eclipses in the past two years, the last one was blood red.

Usually solar eclipse here is accompanied by gray overcast skies, nothing to see here folks move along!
Whats up with that!?!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just bumping this cause it's torrmow.

I hope someone in perhaps FL can take pics. If not, I will take some from space.com or somewhere, and post them here on Friday.

-VW

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Crap I just doubble posted this

Oh well I put it in Space exploration and I even looked in there to see if it was alredy said.....

logic.....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As has been provided by cmdrkeenkid, the topic has been discussed within 10 days. Sorry.

Thread Closed

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join