It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did ATS change from a message board to an 'Interactive Blog'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Actually it seems as if 'Blog' has somehow entered the realm of the 'Ultra-trendy' aligning itself with the entire 'Starbucks philosphers conversating over a lattee armed with their equally trendy turtle neck and black rimmed glasses'. I mean Noam Chomsky even has his own blog.

Why and how did this term become so popular and why the choice to call ATS an 'Interactive Blog'? Maybe someone could further breakdown the meaning of 'blog'.

Hmph...yep. SO, you there?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh god.... does this mean ATS is being taken over by Starbucks?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The term Blog is derived from the the British slang terms for toilet, "bog" and "loo" (hence the difficult to pronounce "b-loo-g" was eventually shortened to "blog" once use became widespread) and describes a place where people tend to evacuate all of their mental crap.

The term Interactive Blog (previously referred to as a "public bloog") describes the same thing, the difference being that anyone may use it to evacuate their mental crap, and may also comment on the crap left behind by previous users, with expressions such as "what a big pile of crap", "I see you've given us some hard evidence", "that makes me sick", and "that stinks" being very popular.

The Interactive Blog also has several maintenance staff whose job it is to flush out the most offensive crap left behind by other users. However, since they spend all day every day in the Blog, sometimes they too will feel the urge to evacuate some of their own crap.

I hope you enjoyed this little trip into the history of Blog. Feel free to ask me any other questions. I've got plenty more crap where this came from.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
More info on the subject can be found here

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
stupid double post

[edit on 3-4-2005 by UK Wizard]

new topics

top topics

join