It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meshuggah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Meshuggah blows Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, and all others out of the water. They're from Sweden and played on Ozzfest 2002 and toured with Tool twice. If you haven't heard Meshuggah before here's some suggestions:

Meshuggah CDs you should buy:

Destroy Erase Improve
Chaosphere
Nothing

Meshuggah songs you should download:

Future Breed Machine
Soul Burn
New Millenium Cyanide Christ
Suffer In Truth
Rational Gaze
The Mouth Licking What You've Bled
Sane

www.meshuggah.net

[edit on 3-4-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've caught a few Meshugga shows, and they never disappointed.
They know how to get the enrgy flowing and put on a kicka$$ show

Last I saw them was with SOAD and Pulse Ultra in 2002. Was a wicked show.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I saw them open up for Tool in 2002. Best live metal band I've ever seen. The sound was enough to make you sh*t your pants.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
They opened for TOOL when I saw them here in Tallahasse....

To be honest, I thought they totally blew ass man......I had a whole slew of friends go with me and they all said the same thing.....There was so much distortion in their sound, they made absolutely no sense when they were singing, and they must have broken their necks in twenty different places while they endlessly head-banged from the moment they walked on stage to the moment they left....

Also - Note....One of my friends worshipped the ground Meshuggah walked on before he saw them live - Listened to all their CDs on a daily basis, could play their riffs perfect, saw them live and I kid you not, he threw all his related # out the window the next day....

But....That's just my opinion......Now TOOL....That was a show I'll never forget!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Maybe it was a bad show for them....? Distorted noise, yeah that's called guitars in heavy metal music. Tool bored me to death with their movie screen fantasy crap. The only cool part was when Tomas Haake drummer for Meshuggah came out and played a tri-pod with Danny Carey behind his drum kit.

If you're a true musician you will see some of the same things in both bands. Meshuggah is like a heavy version of Tool. I saw them twice now and it was amazing both times. You have to be able to follow their time signatures which means you had to have listened to them a few times before seeing them live. To each his own...

Meshuggah

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah - It could have just been a #ty day for them....But everyone who went sure was talking about it the next day....

I did enjoy it though when they came out and played with TOOL....As I recall, I think all of Meshuggah came out and played a set with them.....

Anyways, our civic center isn't known for high fidelity sound
I know distortion pretty much makes up the basis for heavy metal, but add a pinch extra and there can simply be too much.....Maybe the sound technician was catching a few Zs or something.....

Like you said - To each his own....To me Meshuggah is a little too "death/speed metalish" which I don't really get into too much......Big fan of heavy metal and industrial though....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I hear ya. Meshuggah have some slower songs too that kinda put you in a zone like Closed Eye Visuals and Nebulous. I'm sure Tool got the pimp daddy sound on that tour and Meshuggah had the #ty hook up. Both are two bands at the top of their game!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
One of my favorite swedish metal bands ! I own all their albums .

top topics

join