It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Carnage at German church service

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS! a man has entered a German church service, with a sword and killed atleast one person and has injured others aswell. The scene is described as something out of a horror movie with limbs found around the church, no one knows what made this man do such an act like this.
Germany is described to be in shock by this recent event, the world is slowly being informed about this breaking news.

news.bbc.co.uk
A man wielding a sword has killed one person and injured others during a church service in Germany, police say.

Police said they found "grisly" scenes after the afternoon attack in the southern city of Stuttgart.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is apparently no motive to this attack and the details of this are very bare at the moment. According to reports, "Severed limbs were lying all round the church," words i use to describe this, is something out of a horror movie. Its shocking to read that a man has entered a church with a sword, and killed one person and injured many. More details to come soon.

UPDATE

"The suspected perpetrator was arrested. He is believed to be a Tamil, and the service was also a Tamil service," Mr Karpf was quoted as saying.

Reports said about 40 people were in the church, most of them believed to members of the Tamil community who originally come from southern India and Sri Lanka.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The attack took place in a Protestant church with 40 people inside, who were mostly members of the Tamil community. Im not sure if this has anything to do with the reason why this man attacked the church, but it might hold clues.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Counselling has been offered to those who witnessed the attack. You can only bare to picture how shocking this attack would have been to watch

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Any word on the type of sword used? It would have to be very sharp to leave severed limbs lying about. The Indonesians have a sword meant to do just that, I can't seem to remember the name of it though. On first reading I assumed it was a Katana, but it just didn't fit. Only the good blades cut like that.

It was probably motivated by religious rivalry. There is a great deal of acrimony between Christians and Muslims in Indonesia..all around the world I guess.

It boggles my mind to think someone could hate so virulently, with nothing but nursery rhymes and fairy tales to stoke their rage.
It's very strange, this phenomenon of religious fanaticism.

I shouldn't speculate, but it seems the obvious answer.

Perhaps too obvious? I guess it's too early to tell.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i thought religious extremism aswell when i first heard about it. I thought along the lines of racism seeings Germany has a ugly rise of it lately, but im not sure to be honest. This might just be some nutter.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
yes, abominable!

even it´s just a few miles away from my hometown.
How brute can a person be?

It is horrible.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A horrific, but perfect example that reinforces the pro-gun stance that it is the person, not the weapon, that creates mass carnage and banning guns will result in more of this type of attack. I guess he got "medieval on their a$$es"

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Untermenschen Rebell]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There is no "perfect" example? I hope you are well

Your comment is a bit peeve to me. Maybe I misunderstood it.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz
yes, abominable!

even it´s just a few miles away from my hometown.
How brute can a person be?

It is horrible.

i know,
its sick story and really worrying.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Man, this dude must have been insane to do something like that in a house of worship. Life is bad enoungh and to think a church is a sacred place that something like this can happen there is just mind boggling. I hope those who were hurt have a speedy recovery and this nut casse is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You took what I said completely out of context

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Anyone ever consider the fact that after the Pope has passed, the world may be thrown in complete Chaos? I mean just look at the track record of hard core fundamental Catholics. Extermination of Muslims in the crusades, Repression of conflicting science in the medieval ages, child molesting by arch bishops as of recent.

Without a religious figure in the world, what accountability do they have?

[edit on 4/3/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
Man, this dude must have been insane to do something like that in a house of worship. Life is bad enoungh and to think a church is a sacred place that something like this can happen there is just mind boggling. I hope those who were hurt have a speedy recovery and this nut casse is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

he will probably end up in a mental asylum until the court case, then will probably spend life in prison.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Untermenschen Rebell

You took what I said completely out of context

I see...

True, damn it!

sorry mate!

[edit on 3-4-2005 by dacruz]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
might i ask why a prvious thread to do with this has been aparently trashed?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Simulacra
I would say the world has always been in a state of chaos, and that will never change until all men are reunited under a common banner, with a common cause. So..no, I don't think Catholics are going to be roaming the streets with machetes and hand grenades dispatching all the 'godless heathens', at least, I hope not...

One area to watch is Lebanon, the Christian faction has had its bit removed and the chain holding it down is gone. When Syria withdrew, pretty much all bets were off. I hope they can resolve their differences without the use of violence, but historically that's been nearly impossible. The only man who came close was Salladin, and that was a LONG time ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We still do not know a motive to this attack,
There are many theories that one can find in this story.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Any word on the type of sword used?

according to german news sources, it was a samurai sword, must have been a horrible massacre.

sry but i just found german links :
morgenpost.berlin1.de...
www.stern.de...

sword: samurai
motive: according to the police, with very high probability a relationship/private issue, not a political one. but no details why he decided to slaughter people at a church because of a relationship problem...idiots are everwhere...

Originally posted by infinite
I thought along the lines of racism seeings Germany has a ugly rise of it lately, but im not sure to be honest.

yeah the ats-proclaimed 4th reich, sry but i live in germany for almost 25 years and this is nonsense. the recent election of the NPD in one regional parliament had a VERY high percentage of so called "protest" voters (close related to upcoming and very unpopular reformations, especially in this area of germany ) , if you really think that they will gain any political influence you should take a closer look at the bigger image.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is messed up....

i guess this sort of thing doesn't happen in the US only.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Very sad news indeed like many has pointed out some may take advantage of the situation with the pope passing to push their agenda.

But it was only one person. Very tragic in this time of mourning for christian followers.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Untermenschen Rebell
A horrific, but perfect example that reinforces the pro-gun stance that it is the person, not the weapon, that creates mass carnage and banning guns will result in more of this type of attack. I guess he got "medieval on their a$$es"

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Untermenschen Rebell]

WTF?! If he'd had a gun he'd have Killed a HELL OF A LOT MORE, that is the most absurd "logic" I've heard all day, think for a second before you post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join