It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could have your own military base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Were would it be, what buildings would it have, and what would they be made of? Right know I'm thinking up a couple ideas and I'll post them soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What do you mean 'if?'

Mwuahahahaha

You can buy used fallout shelters in the UK for just a few thousand pounds. You can buy silos in the US for 20-50k dollars. You can buy whole underground complexes with embedded communications for a couple hundred thousand (refinished) or about 30k flooded, or about 100k disheveled but livable.

I would rather use existing infrastructure, and complement it with concrete domes above, rather than the typical farmhouse or storage shed/barbed wire combo.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well here's my idea, the out side would have barbwire fences that would be 100 FT high. My base would be about 30 miles square, it would be in the Swiss Alps and it would house a airbase, training centre, and a big storage facility. In addition to this there would be an underground bunker where my command and control facility would be. It would be made out of reinforced concrete and be 400 FT underground. The training centre would be a Mountain/Arctic Warfare school and would train students on how to fight in the mountains and in cold weather. The base would be guarded by special group called the Hawks they would do patrols all along the base and even outside of the base.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
OK, my "secret" military base would be so high tech it would blend in 100% with it's surroundings so that to the naked eye you could not see it unless you knew where it was located. Instead of having security men on patrol it would have cameras set up to be able to monitor every squar inch of the base and would have mounted weapons ready to fire at anyone who attempts to invade the base. It would house alien bodies, as well as living aliens to figure out how to save the world from nuclear war.

hehe! That was fun!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
hmmm all I can say is playboy mansion in camo

Man who would want to go to war against that? Who could go to war against that?

It would be in california, the airstrips would become drag stipps. The hanger would become chopper garages. I would turn the dorm areas into hotels and sleeping room. I would turn one building into a huge pool, and one into a huge empty pool for boards and bikes, I would take one feild and turn it in a utopia sensory garden with a artifial tropical lake. i turn the food areas into restaurants and lease the store areas out. I would bring friends and family out to work and live there. I would section off a large area including the tropical area for my personal use.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well I am a big fan of the old hollowed out volcano. You just cant beat those classic Bond films (You only live twice).

Anything underground seems to make sense. An airstrip above with elevators for the Aircraft and crews s well as Zulu-alert shelters concealed as a Drive-in. (you culd watch all the latest hollywood drivel while waiting to take off)

top topics

join