It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bar Hag will be Princess of Wales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
you "do" know the history of the monarchy don't you!?

Yep. Still doesn't make it right. In this day and age
you would think that people would be better behaved
and more responsible.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
If Charles is so boorish and reveals his actual character, then is it not better than someone two faced who puts on the happy face publically then retreats to his boorish existence in private?

Actually I do not think Charles and Camila are necessarily such bad people, there are far worse in our world if you have a low opinion of the royals. Surely we found some sense of honesty from Diana, but she too was somewhat trapped in this regal environment as well. Quite possibly the royals need some guidance on something more than only the nominal social graces. After all it does get stuffy in the regalia when no one challenges one another to set things right in the emotional atmosphere. But such things are not uncommon within ordinary families as well.

Now being a public family makes me think of that documentary, the first "reality show," An American Family. Suddenly people became totally honest as their every move was being logged fully. That went beyond what the royals confront from the papparazi, but the experience does resemble it. In this kind of fishbowl existence, you get on with being yourself within this fishbowl too often, rather than attempting anything fully genuine such as continuous self improvement.

Well after all of this, I think that I like the royals, as royals. I think they are showing their genuine selves, while no ordinary people are so challenged. I prefer their honesty to the saccharine smiles of too many people of every level.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
If Charles is so boorish and reveals his actual character, then is it not better than someone two faced who puts on the happy face publically then retreats to his boorish existence in private?

- Considering the staggeringly comfortable lifestyle he enjoys at the public's expense (and don't try telling me his 'own earnings' are anything less than the result of the 'gift' of lands and property he enjoys thanks to the public going along with that whole pantomime either) the least he can do, IMO, is put on a pleasant face when in public.

Jayzuss if people in the (rest of the) entertainment industry can manage it, hmmm?

No-one is asking him to be 2-faced (but clearly he has been more than happy to do so when it suited him).

Actually I do not think Charles and Camila are necessarily such bad people

- Apparantly he was round 'seeing' the already married - to one of his supposed close friends - Camilla the night before he wed Diana.
Even if he wasn't he had an affair with her before, during and after his marriage to Diana.

Diana was used to breed, nothing less, Heir and spare.....

.....and Charles' family knew all about it too.

IMO that makes these people rather loathsome no matter how much time has passed since Diana's death.

It seems the British public agree.

(and I do not consider Diana perfection either; she had her issues too but she did a hell of a lot for so many in the most pitiable need - unlike some!)

[edit on 7-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
In this day and age you would think that people
would be better behaved and more responsible.

What, are you 76 or something? Way above prude vote goes to you!

The monarchy is dead. When the Queen dies it will be no more. Then all commonwealth countries will become republics, and the Brits can find a replacement tourist attraction.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Surely people come to admire the pretty buildings, they wouldnt be knocked down, so there would be no loss to tourism.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yep. Still doesn't make it right. In this day and age
you would think that people would be better behaved
and more responsible.

Your right of course...but then again...I bet you sin also...and though I am not a "royal" fan, I could really care less about it....they must be a couple deeply in love, even before Diana, I understand they wanted to marry but couldn't...it had to be heart wrenching for what's her name....Camille is it? To of seen Charles marry, and have children with a much prettier and younger woman to fulfill some silly royal bunk...they have toughed it out all these years through it all, so I would say it must be real love...whether right or wrong...they are sticking to their heart. When everyone else stops sinning, they can condemn others...

[edit on 4/8/05 by LadyV]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join